Integrated Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Integrated Research Interview Questions

3.1

Sort:

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Integrated Research (Denver, CO (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Stretched the interview process unnecessarily longer than it needed to be. Before the interviewing process I was asked to complete a career aptitude test which took 4 hours!! First day was a normal generic interview. Called in the next day for almost exactly the same set of questions with just one additional interviewer. In order to keep their options open, even when after a week had passed, they didn't tell me a yes or no but told me that I'm "still being considered". I was told that I was one of about 6 candidates being interviewed. This seemed like a lot of candidates and a lot of my time wastage for a position that is A. entry level and B. paid well below the industry average. I was ultimately told that I didn't do well on the English/Vocabulary part of the online test. Ha! For an Accounting position! Why did they feel the need to interview me if I didn't do well on that part? Unprofessional and liars! Stay away!

Global Alliance Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Integrated Research (Denver, CO (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty involved. There are a series of tests to take to measure your skills an how they align to the position that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging situation that you've faced in previous jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was normal, I negotiated for more base salary and vacation and got both.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Integrated Research (Sydney) in July 2017.

Interview

The position was described as requiring experience in front end, especially using javascript/angular 2+.

After expressing interest in the role via a recruiter, was given a timed online activity to be completed at home, involving three problems where a requirement is given, and you must fulfil it using plain CSS/Javascript.

The questions were simple however the time given to complete them was very short (~5 mins per question), and the automated marker was very strict about what could be used in the answer (no ES5 for example). I was able to solve 2 out of 3 correctly in the time given.

I received an interview offer at their Sydney office. The interview was conducted by two of their Software Engineers, and consisted of series of technical questions, followed by a discussion about my previous professional experience and personal projects. I was then interviewd separately be a Team Lead, again regarding my previous professional experience, and was given the opportunity to ask questions regarding the business.

Interview Questions

• How would you style 4 div elements such that each element took up exactly one corner of the page?   Answer Question
    • You are to implement a game such that clicking on a card changes its color from red to blue. When another card is clicked, all the other cards become blue again. A card that is red will also turn back to blue when clicked again, so that all the cards are blue.

How would you implement this game using plain HTML/CSS/Javascript?

How would you implement it using Angular 2+?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a gitHub account or any personal projects? If so, please elaborate.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Integrated Research in June 2016.

Interview

1. Programming assignment - a small program in an OO language
    2. Phone interview - talked about the assignment, OO concepts and your CV
    3. On-site interview - involved three main parts:
    - teamwork, project management questions and linking these concepts to a game
    - lunch with recent graduates
    - technical questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Integrated Research (Sydney).

Interview

First they will send you an assignment description and ask you write a quite simple program but must reflect how good you are at OOP design. After this stage is the phone interview, during which you will discuss your assignment solution (design, efficiency, extensibility). Some other questions include general OO designs and your motivation in software engineering etc... The overall interview is actually fairly easy and friendly, but poor call quality and being over nervous made me stop here :(

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Integrated Research (Sydney) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online at a relative late date for the summer internship interview. Assigned a homework to work on using an OO language around a week later. Basic documentation on how the code works, design considerations, build process is required. Waited long enough without getting an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Apply online - standard process.
    Get sent a simple Java task - must use OO not procedural.
    Got rejected at this point within a day of submitting with no clue as to what was wrong or how to improve - if the task was a bit more specific it could've helped me cater my solution but it had no details beyond expected inputs and outputs. I guess I shall be seriously reviewing my abilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I interviewed at Integrated Research (Sydney) in August 2015.

Interview

After submitting a cover letter, resume and academic transcript to them, you are then required to do an object oriented task about a week later if successful. The task involves creating a command line program modelling an agile scrum task board.
    Another week later, I received a reply that I was going to be invited for a phone interview but they already filled all the internships.

Interview Questions

• Implement a command-line based agile scrum board using an object-oriented language.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Integrated Research (North Sydney) in May 2011.

Interview

After the phone interview, I was interviewed at head office in Sydney (travel ticket arranged by the company). The office is small but full of energy and is divided into different teams. Main focus is banking and VoIP-related stuff. The interview was quite intense:

- Skill tests: paper-pen test on coding skills
    - Interview with two team leaders: played strategy game
    - Lunch with two software engineers
    - Interview with two software engineers
    - Final info with HR manager and architect manager and office tour.

In general, it's hard!

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Integrated Research (Sydney) in August 2017.

Interview

First an Online coding interview (time limit 1:30 hrs). If you pass this then you will be called for F2F. This process can take like 2 weeks or more. F2F will be coding interview too along with 2 interviewers. Then Manager will show you the office and tell little bit about the work.

Interview Questions

• Online==>
      5 questions, basically to test your C++ skills. Be well prepared on STL and C++ Data types (vector, map etc) and try to find as many questions on internet/glassdoor as possible before appearing (that really helps):
      1) Given a vector<vector<bool>> as layers of tiles, set outer most layer to true and all others to false.
      2) Given a vector<int>, return the max sum of any 2 elements of the list.
      3) Given a function void(int* array, int index), which is the correct way to increment the element at index.
      4) you are given an vector<int>, which represents the parent node idx of a tree. For example, if your tree has 5 nodes, [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5], the given array is [1, 3, 1, -1, 3, 2] which means parent of node 0 is 1, parent of node 1 is 3, etc. return number of leaf nodes.
      5) An Aptt can be 1 story or 2 stories, given the height of whole building, return how many combinations you can have. for example if the height is 3, you can do 1 - 1 - 1, 1 - 2, 2 - 1 so the answer is 3.
      F2F==>
      Conways Game of Life problem solving. You can to talk about DS (C++ STL) used and Algorithm and once they are convinced you start the coding alongwith them.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.