Jetstar Airways Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 19 Feb 2019

3.1

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Melbourne) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Information session
    2. One to one interview
    3. group activities/discussion
    The interview was not that bad, especially if you done some research on the internet regarding to the company, you will have some idea what to expect. Especially on glassdoor you can find most of the companies information plus real-experiences reviews, you can find lots of thing here.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Melbourne) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online 2 weeks later the sent an email saying I was successful throughly to the second stage. Second stage was a group interview quite a lot of other people applying for the same position was a bit nerve racking but a cruisy day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Adelaide) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial part of the process was quick. Got accepted for an online interview and then an Assessment day within maybe 2 weeks. I was accepted after the AD to have my referees contacted and was told we would hear back within a week. Well that was back at the end of October and still haven't heard anything. I've tried contacting the recruitment people and have been told numerous times that I would hear by the end of the week (been told this for several weeks now), bit disappointing especially now that it's xmas and I'll be waiting even longer. If I am unsuccessful, an email saying so would be appreciated rather than me waiting around for so long..

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you need to improve on yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Melbourne) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially I was recommended to apply as my friend would go on about how fantastic her job was, I was eager to apply! I applied online through Altara and was invited to do an online interview. Once that was complete, it took approx. 2 weeks to get back to me and I was invited to a Group Assessment day.

All I can say is, what a disappointing day and waste of my time/money.

They get your hopes up, give you all of the signs thinking you have the job when you leave only to be emailed a day later unsuccessful, and stating "We will not be giving feedback" after the interview - why? Were there even any openings, or was this simply something you do quarterly to keep the recruitment team in a job...

They advise you it is 4.5 weeks unpaid training - really? How do they expect anyone over the age of 21 to survive off no pay for a month, and then another month of work without pay?

There was approx. 40 people in the room, all hoping to be successful. I ensured I asked relevant questions, and was one of few people who did, so would have loved to find out what it was that made me not get through.

My advice would be to apply through Jetstar/Virgin/Qantas direct, at least you will get paid for training and will get penalty rates, ha!

Interview Questions

• How will you cope with the 4.5 week no pay during training?   Answer Question
    • Give me a run down of your previous experience?   Answer Question
    • What attributes do you think would be required to be successful in this role?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2013.

Interview

Made up of a number of stages, including 1 to 1 interview, skin check test, group activity, self-introduction and announcement reading. Candidates who passed each round would be brought to the next round, those who did not make it would leave. There were long waits between each round.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Sydney) in July 2016.

Interview

Really easy. Applied online, online video interview then assessment day. All not very challenging. The assessment day was a very chilled day they make you feel comfortable and want you to be fun and out going.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness of yours   1 Answer

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sakai, Osaka (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Sakai, Osaka (Japan)) in October 2017.

Interview

Arm reach -> grooming check & catwalk -> Group discussion -> Resume check -> Final interview / In-flight announcement reading (English & Japanese) , and few Japanese questions -> Swimming test

Interview Questions

• Could you sell me this product for me? (by showing their taxfree product brochure)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Essendon

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Essendon) in May 2016.

Interview

Video interview pretty straight forward approx 2 attempts per question. Followed by assessment day which had group activities and one on one interview. Medical/security screening then 5 weeks of written and practical assessments

Interview Questions

• Examples of what you would do on certain scenarios on the plane   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways in May 2017.

Interview

An overall shocking experience. I waited eight weeks for a response after I applied, despite an email advising one would be offered after four weeks. I had two interviews with the Hiring Manager and two further employees and the Resource Manager who had organised and had ownership of the process, neglected to answer any phone calls, follow up emails and provide any information requesting any outcome. After two interviews, I'd have expected at least a yes/no phone call out of courtesy. An overall very poor experience as an candidate.

Interview Questions

Jetstar Airways Response

4 Sep 2017 – Resourcing Business Partner

Hi Sir/madam

On behalf of the Jetstar resourcing team, its disappointing to see that you've had a negative experience. I'd like to reach out and understand if there's any further clarity or... More

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Melbourne) in August 2018.

Interview

Application was easy and I recived a call after one week of application. The first interview was phone interview with HR. It was very quick and straight forward. Second interview was with the hiring manager after a week. Interview went for an hour with a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you make your co- workers trust you?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a conflict with one of the senior management and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.