Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated 13 Nov 2018

2.5

Pastry Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

The chef who was supposed to interview me showed up about one hour late. The rest of the managing chefs were not expecting me. It was awkward. The kitchen staff was friendly and introduced themselves to me. When the chef arrived I had a working interview but was not really supervised or spoken to which made me feel like they just needed me to work for free because they were short handed.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations.   1 Answer

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Interview

I had interviewed with the Van Zandt Hotel, didn't get the job, which is fine. That is not the reason for this review. I had 3 rounds of interviews. Afterwards none of the 4 people I met with had the common courtesy or decency to let me know about the outcome. Not even the easy way, a generic rejection email. I feel that once the Employer meets with someone face to face the pool of people to choose from is so little that they should be able to follow up. I know it's not common practice, but it should be. Especially since the candidates show up, spend their time and gas, prepare, research the company etc. The least the employer should be able to do is to send an email.

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

6 Dec 2017 – Your Friends at Kimpton

Thanks for bringing this to our attention – and we’re so sorry for the lack of communication on our end. Treating our candidates well is very important to us, and we feel awful that you had this... More

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (South Beach, FL (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online got a call about a week later from a manger to schedule a interview with him and the HR in all the interview was very short and easy.

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Vero Beach, FL (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

On a Wednesday between 2 and 4 pm, very nice people, interview went great. I met 2 managers and says there is no problem to hire me, so i'm still waiting for the call.The hotel is fantastic and it will be a great place to work, directly on the beach.

Interview Questions

• Are you planning on moving here   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The initial interview, which was a phone screen with HR, was pretty straight forward.

I was asked to go through my resume and talk about why I wanted to work for Kimpton. The only strange part about the process was that the woman I was speaking with seemed inexplicably angry at me the whole time. She was aggressive and definitely did NOT embody the Kimpton spirit.

As a final question I was asked if I had checked out Kimpton's social media properties and if I had any feedback. I provided in-depth feedback, and shockingly the woman on the phone started getting defensive, even though she is not affiliated with the marketing department or responsible for any of the posts on social channels. She basically started debating what I was saying (which is that their strategy appears to be severely lacking and that they need to focus in on storytelling and post less irrelevant content such as Facebook posts that proclaim "Happy Rice Krispies Treat Day!"

I chose not to go any further along in the process after this incredibly awkward first round interview.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Tampa, FL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Very friendly people, easygoing interview process. Simple questions about personality and experience. Interviews were exclusively over the phone due to the property being in transition, but interview was still warm and personal.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got an email from the Director of Finance to schedule an in person interview the next week. Comes the interview and it was very different than what I expected. It was very casual and not intimidating which was very nice because interviews make me very anxious. Talked to the Director of Finance and told them about myself, why I wanted a job in accounting. The thing that really threw me off was there were no technical questions or any typical behavioral questions, just a explanation of the company and the accounting department. The whole interview was more like a regular conversation. A week later I got a call with an offer and gave information for a background check. I wasn't able to start until a few weeks and they were okay with that which was also nice. The company cares a lot about personality and being yourself. The pay is not as high as I hoped, but it is a good job to get experience right after college.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a job in accounting that is a little different than your major?   1 Answer
    • When can you start?   Answer Question
    • Would you be okay with answering phone calls?   Answer Question

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

25 Apr 2018 – Your Friends at Kimpton

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to the Kimpton family – we’re so excited to have you on board!

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

One screening phone call and a face-to-face with two hiring managers. It was an extremely easy interview, the two mangers were pleasant and really interested in hearing about my interest in the company. I received a phone call two days later asking for information for a background check and than an offer was extended. Everyone was up front about the salary during the interview. Overall one of the easier and painless experiences in finding a job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the long term at Kimpton?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick to schedule and move the process along. They were friendly; however, one of the interviewers was a bit more pecimistic about the fit implying I was overqualified and wouldn't stick around. This made me second guess wether it was an appropriate fit and I passed on the final interview.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

interview process was straight and simple. mostly based on behavioral questions to see how well you work with others. Simple debit/credit questions. Interviewed with controller and GM of the property.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.