Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated 18 Feb 2018

2.5

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

I expressed interest in the company because of its core values. I was notified by HR to upload resume on company website and fill out their application. I spoke with the GM, Chef, and F&B Director in person via interview and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What perspective should you have regarding the guest experience as it pertains to serving?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

Got an email from the director of the department. Got very excited because wanted to learn more about the company and the position after reading all of these awesome reviews. Responded with a time and date I am available and never heard back. Blamed it on the winter holidays and followed up after 2 weeks-no response. Followed up again in 2-3 weeks, again-silence. Lost hope, gave up. I think this is very unprofessional for the company to treat the candidates like that. Now it makes me wonder how they treat their employees...and the position is still open and was reposted few weeks ago by the way..no wonder..

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

I was an employee referral. I submitted resume online, received a call from the hiring manager about 1 week after to come in for an interview, then received a call back for offer of employment 1 week after interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle interacting with people from different cultures?   1 Answer

12 Feb 2018 – Your Friends at Kimpton

We love our referrals! So glad you had a positive interview experience with us. Congrats on your new role and welcome to the Kimpton family.

Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Alexandria, VA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Corresponded via email back and forth for a little over a week. Then conducted a phone interview and in person interview before given a job offer. Filled out background check concent form before being offered job.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

They really care about what they were doing and the interview felt so genuine, it made me feel relaxed and comfortable. I believe it was a rare experience, nothing I ever heard of or experienced before. Amazing people.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what music I listen to.   2 Answers

20 Dec 2017 – Your Friends at Kimpton

Yay! We’re so glad to hear your interview experience was a positive one. Welcome to the Kimpton family!

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Was called for interview 4 days after I applied. Interview was very short...about 15 min. Interviewer was very nice and made me feel comfortable and relaxed....but I think 15 min is not enough to know good enough if person you are interviewing is good or no for this position.
    Interviewer told me that they will let me know the resul after they will interview couple more people.....2 weeks and no response :/....not very professional.

Interview Questions

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

6 Dec 2017 – Your Friends at Kimpton

We really appreciate the feedback on your interview experience with us. Glad to hear your interviewer was kind – not so glad to hear that no one got back to you. We’re sorry you had this experience... More

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Interview

I had interviewed with the Van Zandt Hotel, didn't get the job, which is fine. That is not the reason for this review. I had 3 rounds of interviews. Afterwards none of the 4 people I met with had the common courtesy or decency to let me know about the outcome. Not even the easy way, a generic rejection email. I feel that once the Employer meets with someone face to face the pool of people to choose from is so little that they should be able to follow up. I know it's not common practice, but it should be. Especially since the candidates show up, spend their time and gas, prepare, research the company etc. The least the employer should be able to do is to send an email.

6 Dec 2017 – Your Friends at Kimpton

Thanks for bringing this to our attention – and we’re so sorry for the lack of communication on our end. Treating our candidates well is very important to us, and we feel awful that you had this... More

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Tampa, FL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Very friendly people, easygoing interview process. Simple questions about personality and experience. Interviews were exclusively over the phone due to the property being in transition, but interview was still warm and personal.

Conference Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Cambridge, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Went for an interview mid-day, interview lasted about an hour and a half. Met with 5 people. 2 two on two's one 1 one on one. It was a casual setting in the restaurant. There was zero follow up from them after the interview. I believe every candidate should be updated as a courtesy, especially in the Hospitality field.

Interview Questions

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

20 Dec 2017 – Your Friends at Kimpton

Thanks for the review. We hear you, we should have followed up and we’re so sorry no one contacted you with an update after your interview. It’s important to us that our candidates have a great... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

I was interviewed by the sales manager and was told that they would call me back for the results of the initial interview. A couple of days later, I was called in for an interview with the Sales Director.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.