L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

L'Oréal Interview Questions

Interviews at L'Oréal

1,437 Interview Reviews

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal in February 2018.

Interview

For the brand Matrix: I am astonished how incredibly unprofessional this company is. I've never witnessed such lack of integrity. I went through an agency for this role. The agency, I had no complaints but Matrix, an entirely different story. Matrix scheduled 2 in person interviews for me to meet them and discuss the role. For both interviews they called the agency to cancel the appointment just minutes prior to the interviews. I had already taken time off from work and money commuting to the interviews. The first interview I had just entered their building and already checked in with the front desk before I heard of the cancelation.Then the second I heard of when in route to the meeting. I then finally had a phone interview, which went well. Then I was told via email that I would have to take a test and they would set a call to discuss. Matrix then sent a calendar invite for a call and never called. Two days later they apologized and asked to set another call time. Then Matrix asked for me to work on the test which took about 2 hours. I emailed the test back finished and they neglected to let me know it was even received or the outcome. The agency which initially set up the opportunity with them emailed me finally stating that the interviewer's superiors had canceled the position and has decided to create a different role now. No word from Matrix after that. The entire cat and mouse game lasted about 2 months within the interview process. It was an unbelievable inconvenience going through the entire ordeal. You are just a number there-no respect or regard for another professional's time, effort or money spent.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions discussing my experience and the relation to the role. Nothing really stuck out in terms of difficult questions. The only difficulty was the company canceling last minute due to numerous sudden meetings.   2 Answers

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

it was really easy going with the director and hiring manager at the same time. they loved that i brought in my portfolio to look at. we chatted about my previous experience and why i'd be a good fit for the role - they loved that i was born in Europe and spoke several languages already since L'Oreal is a French company.

Interview Questions

• why are you ready for a change?   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal in August 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews/ screenings before being invited to interview in person. I was asked to prepare a presentation about myself and my work experience. The panel interviewing me asked basic and standard questions about job related incidents/work experience. The process took four weeks and the attitude of the people interviewing me did not inspire me to desire a job there.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Franklin, NJ (US)).

Interview

I received a call from HR about my resume. I applied for another position but they thought I was a fit for a position they had available. HR explained the position and asked me a few questions about my degrees, experience, etc. Not in much detail.

Offered to schedule a phone interview for the next day for about 30 mins. Again I was asked about my experience, education, why I wanted to leave my current position, why am I interested in the position, etc.

From there scheduled a panel interview for the next week. It consisted of 3 parts: Presentation about myself (resume and a project that I completed at work/ school), a panel interview and then a case study (about on the job work which is done by someone in the dept you would be working in).

Tips:
    Arrive about 25 mins early
    ASK QUESTIONS! Make sure to take notes while they are answering your questions
    Be confident

Interview Questions

• What do I consider a failure? What has been the most difficult person to work with and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Happy with what they offered, didn't negotiate.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Piscataway, NJ (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

go through case study about a potential crisis that could arise. given about 30 minutes to prepare alone and then meet with 2 directors to discuss your process. then present about yourself a slide show that is prepared ahead of time to 2 different directors and answer questions like a typical interview

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

As you'd expect for a large corporation. Lots of rounds and multiple team members to gain insight of previous work experience and overall personality match. Do study up on the brand you are applying for and also showcase your thinking process and how you arrive at a solution/campaign idea.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was asked to come in with about a week's notice, and was very excited to be meeting with 4 of the senior brand people (VP, SVP, etc.). The interviews were very long--I spent a total of about 5 hours in the office that day--and I was grilled about my marketing experiences, ability to work independently, my skills, etc. Some of the people I met with told me that L'Oreal tends to be very unorganized and that I need to be able to work autonomously and be able to shift gears at any given moment because of this lack of organization. One interviewer also pointed out that L'Oreal was great from the outside looking in, but was a "big monster" once you got in the doors.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experiences in marketing, social media, product development, and familiarity with the skincare industry (It was for a brand in ACD). I was asked to give examples of how I worked autonomously, an example of a challenge I've faced in my current position that I was able to overcome, and examples of social media campaigns I'd run. One interviewer grilled me about how my education in Psychology was relevant to marketing (personally, I think there's a huge crossover in psychology and marketing), asked if I've worked with legal teams (L'Oreal has a very extensive legal department) and how much I've been involved in product development and clinical claims development, as well as how much experience I had working with retail. They were standard interview questions, but the atmosphere was very tense.   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

Hiring and interview process and welcome are amazing. they want you to be happy and succeed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy. it was negotiated by a recruiter

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ (US)).

Interview

The interview went pretty well. It did not take that long as others interviews. The interviewers were very nice and very respectful. They made me feel very comfortable.the interview went very smooth and the questions were not that hard. just the usual interview questions

Interview Questions

• whats your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Florence, KY (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I was called by a temporary service about this position which was not advertized. The representative found my resume on monster.com and decided that I would be a good fit for this position and sent the resume over to Loreal. Loreal called the temp service and requested that I come in for an interview the following day which I agreed to. There were two interviewers present, the head of the HR department and the assistant QC Lab Manager.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult. It's just that there weren't very many of them and the responses that I got from the interviewers towards my answers were somewhat apathetic. The entire interview took less than 10 minutes. Also I noticed that both interviewers were looking at their cell phones (probably checking the time) when I was answering their questions. It's almost as if they had already selected a candidate but I was being interviewed as a curteousy to someone, of course that is purely speculation. It could be that they had someone with a completely different profile in mind altoghether at some point early in the interview process. I didn't get any other feedback about the interview other than that I was not being considered.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.