Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services

2.8

Geotechnical Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

There were at least two interviews with Langan. One is with the HR and another is with the experienced engineers. Both of the interviews were professional. I got very positive feedback and the HR was very efficient.

Interview Questions

• life, strength, weakness, engineering-based professional question   Answer Question

Hydrogeologist Interview

Interview

The initial interview was a phone call with an HR consultant where questions were asked to get to know you and about your experience. Learned more about the company and the position. Took about 1 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a supervisor?
      What is your best quality?   Answer Question

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services (Parsippany, NJ (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

This position has been open for 1.5 years...big red flag. The offer I received was changed so dramatically in scope, nature, and compensation from what was discussed and affirmed numerous times throughout the interview process. It was presented in an unprofessional manner - with no acknowledgement or explanation of the drastic changes. It's no wonder they can't fill this role. Don't be fooled by the veneer of professionalism they attempt to project - I heard from two separate sources that there are some serious satisfaction and retention problems within their HR department. I dodged a bullet and figured I'd pay it forward!

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with performance improvement plans (PIPs)?   Answer Question

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Response

29 Dec 2020 – Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We take Langan’s candidate experience very seriously, and are disappointed to know that your personal impression was not a reflection of the red carpet candidate experience we strive for in every step of the interview process. While Langan is fortunate to have maintained strong footing throughout the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, we in HR put this position on hold for a period of time. As is true with any position that Langan posts, this role is critical to the success of our organization, and we are actively doing due diligence to identify the right candidate for this career opportunity. As a firm and especially as a Human Resources team, we pride ourselves on integrity, transparency, and professionalism. We recognize that the interview process is bilateral, and that sharing a comprehensive understanding of the opportunity throughout the interview process is vital. While we make every effort to share full information about our opportunities, we regret that your perception of our offer was not positive. We thank you for your time spent considering Langan and again for your feedback.

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services.

Interview

Brief interview. Met with five managers who asked basic questions about the career and research in school.
    They were not interested in testing technical background. It looks like experience and certifications are more important.

Engineer In Senior Position Interview

Interview

After submitting my resume, they have set up a phone interview with a person with very little knowledge about the applied position. Many unrelated questions were asked. I was disappointed because it was a technical position.

Interview Questions

• Many questions unrelated to the applied position were asked. Type of questions that can be asked at any interview, not job specific.   Answer Question

Geotechinical Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services.

Interview

Group interview with 3 people. Slightly intimidating but that is just the group interview atmosphere. Definately follow up afterwards. My interview didn't go so well but I sent a follow up email and I think that is why I got the offer. I declined because the work I would be doing didn't align with what I was interested in.

Senior Environmental Compliance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doylestown, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services (Doylestown, PA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Protracted, stressful, frustrating, and fruitless. After approximately two and half months, Langan basically went silent. They did not communicate any any decision much less a basis for terminating the dialogue.

Interview Questions

• For the position, as advertised, I possessed all of the necessary business, technical, and managerial skills. I had an initial screening interview by phone which led me to a video interview with the hiring manager. This interview led to two or three follow-on video interviews over the course of a bout three weeks. In the course of this marathon, it finally came out that all of the advertised qualifications were a distant second to "Can you make an impact"? That is - how much business can you bring with you.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

It took about four weeks. I got the the phone interview in one week after I applied. Then after that, I was set up a phone interview with three engineers. After the second interview, I got a phone call from the HR for more details about the position and she told me she is planning on give me the offer.

Entry Level Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services.

Interview

The first two interviews went very smoothly and the HR responded very quickly. Then starting with the onsite interview. The VP and PMs are really kind. But there's a quiz at the end of the interview. The first is hard, requiring some experience, the rest two are really easy, basic chemistry.

Intern Interview

Interview

Brief phone interview asking basic questions about my coursework, proficiency in autocad, strengths and weaknesses, etc. It went smoothly and there was no unexpected questions in the interview. It took maybe 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.