Luxury Retreats Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Luxury Retreats Interview Questions

Interviews at Luxury Retreats

2.7

Guest Experience Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. 1st was phone interview and 2nd person interview. The person interview was fine. Everyone is very nice and polite. But I find it that the questions they asked is nothing to do with your skills or experience that you have. Only questions about your personality. There is no chance to prove them that you are qualified person for this company and what skill and experience you can bring to it . Also found that they dont have enough time to answer your questions...

Interview Questions

• what will be the place you would like to travel and why?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, was then contacted by email to schedule phone and in person interviews. Most of those I interacted with were NOT qualified to hold their positions. Unorganized, uninformed and unclear communications throughout. Staff seemed confused, looking at their LinkedIn pages it became clear that this was the first HR position for most of their staff. Very high turn over in their management structure, would advise serious candidates to stay away, despite possibility for a decent outcome, much more likely to get caught up in the childish mess.

Interview Questions

• How my current role played a part in my decision to apply (humorous considering they had a different CV in their hands while interviewing me)   Answer Question

Ad Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. One was HR, other was subject matter expert. The interview was thorough but mostly questions on the surface. The blocking was definitely the salary and when faced with a higher expectation, they asked if I was ready to accept lower than what I was earning.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Email Submission, Phone Interview, In Person Interview.

Person scheduling interviews via email was very disorganized. Person doing the initial phone screening was far less than qualified to do so. Second phone interview was cancelled less than 10 minutes in advance saying that they had found the candidate but wanted to consider me for another position. Never heard back about anything from them. Previously interviewed with them in a process that took weeks, lack of follow up, and every one of my 3 interviews with them they've had the wrong resume. Overall, HR team seems to be quite lacking in experience, at least those I dealt with. Unorganized and incompetent... thought it would have changed now that they were bought by Air BnB but seems that they are still tearing through staff and unable to keep good upper management. Won't be reapplying to any future positions.

Interview Questions

• Not a single question that wasn't already on the resume provided. Nothing insightful was asked.   Answer Question

VS Interview

Application

I interviewed at Luxury Retreats in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, skipped the video interview, then met in person with group sessions then branched off into individual meetings with direct reports. It was fast and easy and lasted about. 2 weeks.

Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient. I got to meet / speak with 4 different people and they were all extremely welcoming and kind. They were also very clear about their own positions and about the whole process. The whole experience went very well.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about who I am, wanted to know what my "story" is.   Answer Question

Villa Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

First interview has been a meet up with people from LR. We talked with them on an informal basis which was great, less stressful.
    The second one has been a face-to-face interview with 2 people from LR, a role play and a group exercise.
    I've been very impressed by the place and the atmosphere of the office, great place to work I am sure and you can feel it when you're talking with LR's employees!

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I went through in total 7-8 rounds of phone and in-person interviews with various senior management and team members from both Luxury Retreats and Airbnb, which I understand is typical hiring process. The interviews covers both the technical and skills experience and culture fit i.e. knowing Airbnb core values are important.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you go about expanding the portfolio in a new market?   Answer Question

Corporate Events Manager & Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

the company seems to have hired the worst people in HR.
    They seem to be young, inexperienced and unable to spot talent as an HR employee should.
    As a true hotelier and an experienced sales manager and opening hotel project manager across the world for the past 8 years, I can tell you that the reason why they have high turnover is because their HR staff are not hiring the right, skilled, loyal employees.
    i think just about anyone with longer work experience would know how inexperienced they are.

Interview Questions

• VERY basic questions - nothing to be challenged.
      - tell me about your last job
      - whyd you leave
      - would you adapt to us   Answer Question

Luxury Retreats Response

1 Aug 2017 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that you felt your interview was not challenging enough. Luxury Retreats strives to recruit the best talent by attracting candidates not only based on experience but who are also a fit with our core values and the role in question. We will bring up your concerns with our Recruitment team to ensure decisions are communicated as clearly as possible, and will be mindful of this for future candidates. Thanks again and all the best in your next endeavors!

Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Respectful of my time. Everyone I spoke with treated me kindly and was prompt and detailed in their communications with me. They gave specific timelines on when I could expect an answer, and I really appreciated that. While the whole process took quite a bit of time, I never felt like I was being left hanging. The in-person interview was challenging but not stressful, it felt more like a "getting to know you" than a "tell us why we should hire you" situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a big risk you took and how it worked out for you.   Answer Question

Luxury Retreats Response

29 May 2017 – Human Resources Director

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how your interview went. We’re so happy you had a positive experience and that you felt your time was respected throughout the process. We’ll make sure to pass on your feedback to our recruitment team as they’re always striving to create the best experience for candidates. All the best!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.