MPC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

MPC Interview Questions

Interviews at MPC

2.4

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

I submitted an application online and a recruiter reached out to me within a week to schedule a time to talk on the phone about my experience. I gave her some times I was available and then waited for either a response or a call, which I never received. A week later, I followed up to check in and the recruiter said they were swamped and they'd call within a week. Again I got no call, and then I sent a final follow up which never received a response. Two months later, I got an automated email stating they had moved forward with another application. All in all, I get that recruiters get busy and the turnover but still it was pretty unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

I applied online to the position, and within a day I got a recruiter emailing me inviting me for an interview. We schedule a call soon after over the phone. The call lasted no more than half an hour and I was asked about specific skills and whether I had experience in them. The interviewer was very friendly and polite, and seemed excited about the project!

Junior Matte Painter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

I had a very good experience with this interview. They were very interested in how I felt about being a Junior artist as opposed to a fully autonomous Senior artist.

Interview Questions

• What is one issue that came up during a production you worked on, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Compositor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MPC in May 2017.

Interview

Really simple, the interviewer do not put pressure on you, you get to actually talk to them, they really walk you throught the all process and details about the company.
    You're not lost

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MPC (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Skype interview with the Lighting department Trainer at the time, he asked me few question about myself and my skills and experience. Then a quick walk through my resume and asked technical questions about my demo reel.

Interview Questions

• what kind of renderer are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

One interview with Operations Manager, one interview with c-level executive team in a group setting. Interview with Operations Manager was very straight forward and the group interview felt more geared towards work and social culture.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work under pressure   1 Answer

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Interview

They left a voicemail saying they were from MPC and wanted to talk about the Runner position. I called back. They asked simple questions. After they said they would call back to schedule an interview on Friday, but they never called so I called them. Didn't answer so I left a message and they didn't even call back.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with the head of operations, talked at length for an hour about what was to be expected of the job. Was able to have a good discussion of the future, and the benefits of joining the company. then was hired that week via phone call.

Interview Questions

• what do you want to be here? what are your goals for coming here.   Answer Question

Technical Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MPC (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview since I am from the states. It took about 30-45 minutes. After about 2 hours, I was offered the position and they were helpful with the move. They accommodated the flight as well as a hotel room for the first two weeks.

Interview Questions

• -Why do you want to work for MPC?
      -What is your previous experience?

Mostly discussed what was on my demo reel.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MPC (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the head of production who asked me about my background. He then asked me to come in for an interview. Interview went very well with standard questions about your background and where you see yourself in a few years. I was then asked to come back for a 2nd interview to meet with the EP. This was a totally different experience. I was kept waiting for about 20 minutes which is understandable these people are busy and it is a work day. However this interview only last about 25 minutes and she apologized as she had to go off to another meeting. Needless to say I never heard back despite my follow up emails. Personally I would recommend asking the interviewer to come back another day at least make him feel he's getting a fair shot.

Interview Questions

• Your background, skills, weakness, strength, the ability to want to grow with the company.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.