Metro Trains Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

2.9

Sort:

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Melbourne) in June 2018.

Interview

They conducted a 30-40 minute interview with two members of the management team in which they asked about my resume, why I want to work there and if I had questions

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Interview

10 mins were the given time for an important role, in 10mins you have to tell them about yourself, what do you know about the job, why you are the ideal candidate, what are some innovative idea you can bring to the position. It's pretty much a joke.

Mechanical Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mulgrave

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Mulgrave) in March 2017.

Interview

online testing 8-9 modules and an intensive interview and they ranged from common English to mechanical reasoning tests. The interview also contained more testing on the same line as i have already mentioned

Interview Questions

• why i am the one for the role, what can i bring to the role....   1 Answer

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Melbourne) in June 2018.

Interview

I've been invited for an interview in a couple days after I have sent my CV. Two people from the company participated in the interview. At the end of conversation I've been asked to solve a few things using Excel

Interview Questions

• Very typical question about what is the size of the airport to understand the way of analytical thinking.   1 Answer
    • What was your biggest challenge during this year?   1 Answer

Trainee Train Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Melbourne) in July 2017.

Interview

1. Online screening

On the day:

2. Briefing on Metro, the train network, the training process to become a driver, and working conditions

3. Computer assessment, including reflex, spatial awareness and short-term memory span

4. Individual interview, with a depot manager and an HR recruiter

5. Offer or rejection by email? (Did not receive any confirmation either way)

6. Medical screening

Interview Questions

• If you had to rank Safety, Speed and Accuracy in order, which would be most important?   2 Answers

People & Performance Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Docklands

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Docklands) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for the role and received a phone call from Metro's Talent Acquisition team. Some basic housekeeping questions were asked and then I was invited to come in for a face to face interview with the Manager of BP's, another P&P BP and the business leader that the role would be partnering.

Interview went well. Their offices are brand new with a great fitout. During the interview, Metro talked quite a bit about their new values - specifically service leadership (also called servant leadership). The interview finished, and I was advised they were at the start of their process, and would need a couple of weeks to get back to me, but I would hear back from the talent acquisition team. I followed up a couple of weeks later with an email to the talent acq team, but never heard back.

Unfortunately based on my overall experience, service leadership as a "value(s)" for Metro is more talk, less delivery. If the leaders, HR BP's and the talent acq don't role model the behaviours, how would it be expected to be accepted and delivered at the levels down.

Management Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Melbourne) in February 2018.

Interview

Called in by the internal recruiter for an interview. Panel interview of 3: direct manager/ another department manager and said recruiter. The office was nice, interview questions focus mostly on behavioural types. There are some specific technical questions (what is capex/opex - accrual prepayment expense). Overall the interview took 50 minutes. However, the company did not provide any feedback/reply regarding the progress. It was unexpected of a company of this size.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult colleagues?
      What is prepayment/accrual?
      What is your Capex/ opex budgeting experience?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.