Michael Hill Manager In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Michael Hill Manager In Training Interview Questions

Interviews at Michael Hill

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Hill (Sydney) in February 2017.

Interview

2 stage assessment pre-interview

I can state for a fact that I'm of the 'old wine was better' school - computers will never replace face to face interviews. They (and you the applicant) have no idea (or context or feel) for what is being offered, and what exactly your position entails. It is also a dishonest method of sorting applicants as applicants must do real jobs - a computer is NOT a real way of simply finding out if a person is the best fit for the job, and actually backfire on the applicant in the end when the time for 'sacking' comes around if the company uses it to bolster their decision..highly highly unethical and dishonest practice.

Interview Questions

• All logic based testing and multi-choice   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Michael Hill

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michael Hill (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was interviewed by the Manager. Casual talk, sitting on a bench outside the store, for over two hours. I was looking for full-time employment, interested in Manager-in-Training position. Having been a Stay-at-Home Mom to raise my children, I was looking for a Company that was willing to train and provide full-time employment. I had previous managerial and entrepreneurial experience. I was willing to move to another location, if necessary. I wanted the potential to manage my own store. Wanted to start out as Manager-in-Training, full-time. I was offered Permanent Part-Time, and guaranteed 40 hours per week, starting at $13/hour, plus bonuses, going up to $20/hour, plus bonuses, after my training. I took the position, thinking it would be a stepping stone into a great company that would allow "unlimited earning potential".

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Hill (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

A phone screening interview, a face to face with the hiring manager from head office, a meet and greet with the flagship staff, a formal interview with the regional manager. Also, you only get this far if you have passed the IQ test.

Anonymous Employee in Tuggerah

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michael Hill (Tuggerah) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online then asked to complete two online assessments on cognitive ability and management style. I was then called for a phone screening interview and I was invited to a personal interview at a coffee shop close to the store.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.