Mimco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Mimco Interview Questions

Interviews at Mimco

2.6

Interview

Interview with manager and state manager, at a cafe outside the store. Behavioural and personality type questions. Encouraged to relax and be yourself. Fairly easy interview, just try and be yourself

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mimco in February 2010.

Interview

it was a group interview and there were around 35 other girls the same age ( around 18 yrs old)
    i got the job because i was very confident and i really wanted it ( before i knew what it was really like and how much you got paid)
    i wore a red scarf so if they forgot my name they would think of me as red scarf girl, i was very happy and outgoing and talked to all the interviewees after everyone was leaving the interview

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mimco (Sydney) in October 2013.

Interview

Went in and spoke to manager. Then came back next day with resume - i think this is their personal choice as manager so look good and shine. Try to be a vibrant as possible but not over the top. Look casual but organised. I was kind of laid back when i went in looing at things etc it wasn't until i took my resume in that i was down to business

Interview Questions

• Previous retail experience and how would you upsell - whats your personal approach?   Answer Question

Christmas Casual Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mimco in November 2017.

Interview

Applied last year and was an AC interview with 6 people in each table. It was a good experience but you really need to stand out in order to get the managers eye and be very creative with your answers.

Anonymous Employee in Canberra

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mimco (Canberra) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then received an invitation to participate in a group interview. On the day there were eight of us and were all directed to a small room. We were separated into two different tables with each table having several Mimco staff sitting to help us out and to ask us questions during group activities.

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mimco (Brisbane) in October 2017.

Interview

Myself and maybe 30-40 other people were all put together in a room at seperate tables of 5-6 people. At each table was a store manager who kind of evaluated your performance while trying to help you (the manager I had was extremely nice and really tried to help us do well). The managers all introduced themselves and then gave a brief talk about the company. Then we participated in some group activities, which were mainly to see how we interacted with others, and how we would be an asset to the Mimco team. After these activities we all had individual interviews with the manager at our table and then left.

Overall this interview was actually pretty fun! All the managers and staff were open, friendly and encouraging. Nothing negative to say!

Interview Questions

• Questions in the individual part were mainly things like "tell us about a time you received good customer service" or "What do you like about Mimco?"   Answer Question

Christmas Casual/Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mimco (Sydney) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview - they started off with group interviews where we were asked to discuss and solve scenarios such as: "A customer comes in on Christmas Eve and has $300 to buy 3 Secret Santa gifts. What would you recommend and what questions would you ask the customer?"

There were a few more which tested your priorities in managing a busy and stressful day, and also your ability to describe things.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mimco (Sydney) in October 2018.

Interview

Group interview with basic retail questions and role play, then smaller individual interviews. It is very relaxed atmosphere and the main thing is to work well with others and show you are a positive team player.

Interview Questions

• How would you make a sale a win-win for both customer and company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mimco (Sydney) in October 2019.

Interview

After applying online, I attended a group interview in Sydney CBD. There were about 20 potential candidates which they separated into groups around a table. Each table had 5 or so candidates and 1 Store Manager or Regional Manager.

We first watched a video on the values of Mimco and what they planned for their Christmas/Summer season and the benefits of working for an amazing brand. We then went around the room and introduced ourselves, stating name, occupation, and why we would want to work/be an asset to the Mimco team.

There were a few activities we participated in. One was getting a list of issues that happened in store (i.e. child spilling their milkshake, phone ringing, delivery, long line of customers waiting at the counter) and we had to order them in their levels of importance. We then played a communication game, where one candidate (the most artistically skilled) went outside and the rest received a cartoon which we had to memorize. The artist then returned and we had to verbally communicate what the image looked like for them to draw. Finally, we had a role play scenario where a customer had come in to purchase accessories for a Christmas party. We discussed in our groups the process we would go through and then presented this the the team members from Mimco.

After this, we each were pulled aside to have a 1-on-1 interview with the staff members.

I received a call about a week later letting me know I had been successful in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be an asset to the Mimco team?   Answer Question
    • What does Mimco represent to you? Why would you like to join this brand?   Answer Question
    • What does teamwork mean for you?   Answer Question
    • What is an example of an amazing customer service that you have experienced at a store? How so?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.