Myer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

2.5

Sort:

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Myer (Melbourne) in January 2019.

Interview

Asked basic about job planning and career exceptions. Asked some technical questions such as the knowledge about programming language like java. And why choice Myer and the situation to handle challenges

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myer (Sydney) in September 2015.

Interview

Long interview, asked of lots of questions so come prepared! Know your stuff !
    They really focus on situations and what you would do in those. Also how you apply your skills and examples of how you have done so in previous work.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you used visual merchandising in your work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations on pay but yes on roster

Logistics Interview

Interview

You go online and file an application. Then once accepted you have to complete the online orientation before the in person one. The online orientation takes a long time (~6 hours) but if you complete it then you will be prepared for the in person orientation. The orientation held at the Myer headquarters is pretty easy and with a large group. It is conducted by the HR department, our lady was very nice and very thorough. Once you complete the in class training you must pass a short test. All of this stuff just covers policies and procedures of the work place. I didn't have to do the interview because I had a connection in logistics.

Negotiation

I only negotiated which days I would work and which hours, salary was non-negotiable for my position.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Myer in August 2016.

Interview

It was a very simple process. I was asked about my previous work experiences, and what my future plans are then I was given a simple quiz about general customer service protocols.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a friend or relative asking you for a special discount?   Answer Question

COSMETICS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Myer (Doncaster) in March 2016.

Interview

Odd and uncomfortable, strange questions, interviewer was quite aggressive but at the end apologized for seeming rude. Me saying obnoxious you weren't rude at all.
    Go well dressed hair up and full makeup, you can never predict the most easy, odd or difficult questions.
    Easy if you know someone already or are recommended to position. A role play of selling a pretend product was required, but made hard as each question I put forward to the pretended customer (the interviewer) was met with a non response. Not a real test at all, quite false and uneasy

Interview Questions

• You have long hair , are you able to wear it up?   1 Answer
    • Full makeup is required, is that a problem   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Myer (Melbourne) in March 2014.

Interview

Submit resume, online quiz about customer service and then half-day group workshop based around selling scenarios and customer service. Will base you heavily on how you dress, as their is no uniform. Wear business casual in black.

Interview Questions

• How would you add an additional sale to this dress?   1 Answer

Retail Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myer.

Interview

One on one and group interviews were involved waited a couple of weeks and got the offer. The process was quite straight forward just make sure to prepare for role play selling to customer

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you can bring to this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Myer (Melbourne) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview with a part where you had to sell a product to another person interviewing for the same job, and a part where you had a one on one chat with an HR person about your experience and why you're a good fit for the job.

Retail Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Myer.

Interview

It was alright they give u a fake selling scenario and they just ask you to tell them a bit about yourself. I think they also ask you if u have any questions for them. Overall it was extremely quick

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Myer (Melbourne) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview where we were given a Scenario and had to reenact. I applied online and they emailed me the next day. The group interview was scheduled in 2 weeks time. The interviewers were really nice and friendly. I was the youngest in my group (18). Everyone there was really nice; there were people from different backgrounds and different ages. This one lady someone got everyone to form a circle and we took turns introducing ourselves -- this was before the interview had started.

Interview Questions

• What does team work mean to you?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.