Myer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Myer

2.4

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Myer (Melbourne) in January 2019.

Interview

Asked basic about job planning and career exceptions. Asked some technical questions such as the knowledge about programming language like java. And why choice Myer and the situation to handle challenges

Allocator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myer in March 2019.

Interview

Received interview invitation email then book a tine slot for Group interview, written test, 1 on 1 interview with the department manager which are all scheudled on the same day in one go.

Logistics Interview

Interview

You go online and file an application. Then once accepted you have to complete the online orientation before the in person one. The online orientation takes a long time (~6 hours) but if you complete it then you will be prepared for the in person orientation. The orientation held at the Myer headquarters is pretty easy and with a large group. It is conducted by the HR department, our lady was very nice and very thorough. Once you complete the in class training you must pass a short test. All of this stuff just covers policies and procedures of the work place. I didn't have to do the interview because I had a connection in logistics.

Negotiation

I only negotiated which days I would work and which hours, salary was non-negotiable for my position.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Myer in August 2016.

Interview

It was a very simple process. I was asked about my previous work experiences, and what my future plans are then I was given a simple quiz about general customer service protocols.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a friend or relative asking you for a special discount?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Myer.

Interview

Took 5 weeks and would have been longer unless I was proactive about contacting management to see me. Saw Store Manager at alternate store first, 2 weeks later had interview with Store manager of applied store. offered role after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

COSMETICS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Myer (Doncaster) in March 2016.

Interview

Odd and uncomfortable, strange questions, interviewer was quite aggressive but at the end apologized for seeming rude. Me saying obnoxious you weren't rude at all.
    Go well dressed hair up and full makeup, you can never predict the most easy, odd or difficult questions.
    Easy if you know someone already or are recommended to position. A role play of selling a pretend product was required, but made hard as each question I put forward to the pretended customer (the interviewer) was met with a non response. Not a real test at all, quite false and uneasy

Interview Questions

• You have long hair , are you able to wear it up?   1 Answer
    • Full makeup is required, is that a problem   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Myer (Melbourne) in March 2014.

Interview

Submit resume, online quiz about customer service and then half-day group workshop based around selling scenarios and customer service. Will base you heavily on how you dress, as their is no uniform. Wear business casual in black.

Interview Questions

• How would you add an additional sale to this dress?   1 Answer

Retail Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myer.

Interview

One on one and group interviews were involved waited a couple of weeks and got the offer. The process was quite straight forward just make sure to prepare for role play selling to customer

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you can bring to this company   1 Answer

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Myer (Melbourne) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with general questions about previous experience in retail roles, and then a small sales role play conducted between two people in front of a Myer employee. It also included information about the job.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Myer (Sydney) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied through the boxing campaign they have every year. The application took around one month, and I received an email of invitation to the group interview. There are around 6 applicants per table and a supervisor. The applicants are all given an item to sell, and given some of the details about the item, after around 10 mins each applicant were to make a sales pitch, and make sure you are confident and polite because this is what the interviewer looks for. Also, you have to promote the loyalty card- Myer one, when I was applying I was already a Myer-one member so I was familiar with the terms and benefits.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was very straight forward- set hour rate, with weekend rates

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.