NBN Co Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

NBN Co Interview Questions

Interviews at NBN Co

2.9

RN NURSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBN Co (Elizabeth, NJ (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Great interview. Very professional workplace, clean office, and friendly staff. It was overall a very good interview process. Would highly recommend this company. Never felt intimidated and was very comfortable throughout

Interview Questions

• Math questions, your average interview questions, know your math!   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBN Co.

Interview

Video interview after initial cognitive evaluation. Multiple attempts to record your responses and can start/stop after every question. Very laid back and identifying your personality in relation to the company values

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBN Co (Sydney) in September 2020.

Interview

Delayed the release of results 3 times, each time pushing it back for a week, totalling a delay of 3 weeks. Not the best considering graduates apply for many roles at a time, and some would have been waiting on NBN before accepting/declining other offers.
    Feedback given was not very informative (mostly compliments)
    Otherwise the interview process was standard, although the individual interviews only lasted around 20-30min after subtracting the presentation, which I felt was quite short. Standard behavioural, team work questions asked

Interview Questions

• Name a time your overcame a challenge, and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (Sydney) in September 2020.

Interview

HR was very unqualified. Delayed the announcement process, and did not even inform until I had to call HR and ask what is the result. Feedback given was just pure compliments, pretty much said you scored the highest in the group and individual interview but "we're sorry."
    There was so much anticipation built on because they said they have increased the number of graduates intake for 2021.
    The case study given required you to be fully prepared with a 10 min presentation. Almost like you were doing a University assignment again.
    Process: Submit your CV -> Online test -> Online Video Interview -> Assessment Centre Group & Individual Interview Combined

Interview Questions

• Why NBN?
      Tell us a time where you were able to solve a conflict?
      Tell us about yourself?
      What value can you bring to NBN?   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (Sydney) in July 2020.

Interview

After the 1st screening telephone interview there were 2 additional video interviews, one with the direct team and one with the managers. The process took roughly 4 weeks to complete all of them and get a response. The HR was very communicative throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Normal Technical questions as expected for the role and a few behavioral ones to check culture fit.   Answer Question

Community Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBN Co (Perth, Western Australia) in June 2020.

Interview

The most exhaustive I have experienced in my 25 year career.

Had an initial informal approach, proactively encouraged to apply, then invited to and attended all (4) interviews and undertook an aptitude test. I was told I was the preferred candidate.

After nearly 2 months filled with interviews I was told that someone internal had been appointed into the role.

I’m left confused as to what really happened.

I did get to meet several lovely people through the process, and it was a good experience all in all. Just a very disappointing outcome, and what ended up feeling like a waste of time.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (Melbourne) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview part of the recruitment process was normal: HR screening, direct manager interview, GM interview. I was then told I got offered the role, but they were working through head count (I thought head count approval happens pre interview and recruitment). I was led on for five weeks, where I had to continuously follow up with my appointed HR person every week. I was told that everything would be fine, they just needed approval on headcount. After four weeks, I was told the PERM position had gone to a 3 month contract in the view to then move to PERM. I explained in this current environment that I would be silly to give up my existing permanent job for a small contract (and really they hadn’t given me much faith in their word). Long story short, after five weeks I got a 4 minute call telling me they were no longer recruiting for a job and that the hiring manager would call me to explain. Six weeks later since interviewing and I’m still waiting for that call...
    Extremely extremely disappointing process, and if this is any indication of the business, I feel like I may have dodged a bullet. Shocking experience - the worst interview experience I’ve had in my career. I do hope NBN reviews this and takes immediate action for future recruitment.

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBN Co (Melbourne) in February 2020.

Interview

Online application, submitted resume and cover letter even if letter was not asked for. Phone screen by person located in New Zealand on general background salary expectations and availability then short listed interview.

Interview Questions

• Experience in handling tough deadlines, experience in handling tough stakeholders   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (Sydney) in January 2020.

Interview

Participants were late and didn't ask any real in depth questions.
    Interview was totally disjointed and very unprofessional.
    Hiring manager mentioned that an internal person was temporarily seconded into the role who ended up with the position.
    I feel I was there only to make up the numbers as the Talent agent and HM demonstrated no real care.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co.

Interview

Screening interview, followed by interview with the hiring manager.
    Stock standard questions of tell me a time.....etc
    Post interview no follow up at all had to chase for the results. Then the reason given for not being offered the position was totally off base.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time when you had to deal with multiple deadlines.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.