NBN Co Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 3 May 2019

Sort:

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBN Co (Melbourne) in August 2013.

Interview

HR makes phone contact for phone interview. Took over 3 months to be offered role.
    Was invited to have two interviews - second was video call with line manager.
    Was held in Head Office and was quite formal.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 2 on 1 interview including hiring manager. Also undertook psychometric testing which was reasonably difficult and timing for each question was quite short especially mathematics related.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, discussion on past experience etc.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Called out of the blue, asked if I'd be interested in interviewing. Still not entirely sure how they got my name. Had first phone interview the next week, asked no personal questions, all technical in nature. Total of 3 phone interviews and an in-person trip out to Seattle.

Network Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (Melbourne) in May 2017.

Interview

applied before and got declined, HR sent me an email regarding this role and asked me to apply, applied online, did video interview which you can re-record as many times as you want, Attending AC tomorrow,

Network Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenroy, Victoria

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (Glenroy, Victoria).

Interview

Montage video interview
    Assessment centre includes information session, introduction round where you need to introduce your college next to you within 2 minutes, group activity lost in space , interview session and role play.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (Sydney) in May 2011.

Interview

3 Stage interview. 1st Technical round was conducted. 2nd round was to assess management skills. Final round was related to NBN values. NBN gives a lot of stress on the right fit who understands the fundamental objective and NBN values.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (Sydney) in May 2012.

Interview

internal recruiter first, then manager, laid back positive tone nternal recruiter first, then manager, laid back positive tone
    very normal, not too hard, more about skills and culture fitnternal recruiter first, then manager, laid back positive tone
    very normal, not too hard, more about skills and culture fit
    very normal, not too hard, more about skills and culture fit

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (Sydney) in February 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with HR. Then two interviews, one with members of team the other with hiring Manager. HR interview was pretty stock standard. Asked a number of behavioral questions. Second and third interviews were similar.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when you encountered an issue with a customer. How did you approach it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Senior Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NBN Co (Sydney) in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and asked my consent to apply on my behalf. Then I received an email asking me to submit an online application. After several weeks, I received a call informing me about the first interview which was face-to-face.
    The first interview was very good. There were two gentlemen, a manager accompanied with a solution architect. I enjoyed chatting with both men. The manager was particularly a very positive person, one of those managers who makes you really enjoy working with him.
    After two weeks I received another call informing me about the second face-to-face interview. This time there were two managers. Unfortunately one of the two managers in the second interview was a classic case of managers who themselves need to be managed! Through her questions and the way she reacted to answers, I noticed that this is not the role I would like to move to. I gently moved in a direction that made me appear unfit to her expectations.
    As expected, two days later I received a call letting me know the application will not go any further.
    For me it was fine, because even from beginning I did not intend to accept their offer. My main purpose was to go through the interview process as a dress rehearsal for another bigger role that I had in mind. But for those who may wish to apply for NBN, the interview questions are very typical and easy. There would be almost no technical questions, only behavioral questions, that too very brief and superficial probes.

Interview Questions

• How would you define requirements? How do you prioritize your works.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBN Co in August 2018.

Interview

Telephone screen with HR and then 2 face-to-face interviews with dept managers. Interviews themselves weren’t overly difficult-asked behaviourally based questions. Time for the interviews to be arranged was very lengthy (two months from first contact) and managers did not get back to you in the timeframes they indicated. Main recruiting manager seemed flustered and it appeared that it was difficult for them to make decisions. I was told I was unsuccessful via email, after several days’ delay-unprofessional and disappointing to be told via email and not called esp. considering this was a senior mgt role.

(Next steps would have been a final/4th round of interviews, background checks, psych testing and medical/drug screen. )

Interview process (and especially the final contact via email) did not reflect well on the interviewers or company.

NBN was also very sensitive to being considered gov’t-they described themselves as a commercial organisation that has gov’t funding. But processes and timeframes are slow and bureaucratic.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage large scale organisational change with your teams.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.