NV Energy Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 22 of over 22 interviews

Campus Recruiting10%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at NV Energy

NV Energy

Application

I interviewed at NV Energy

Interview

Got a call directly from the hiring manager and scheduled an interview. Came in 2 weeks later and was interviewed by a panel. 2 managers and the director. Asked transmission/distribution questions, how the system operated, leadership questions, scenario questions, etc. Then was told I would be hearing from them. Took over a month for a call back, but was worth it.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how T&D System work
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2019

Interview

Behavioral interview that asked about your strengths and weaknesses as well as tested your research abilities on NV energy's current problems and missions. The Interview process consisted of you being in a room with about 5 other main managers that were part of different departments evaluating your responses. Several of them asked different questions depending on how they wanted to probe you.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time that you were put in a leadership position and how you handled that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV) in Jan 2019

Interview

The process was smooth. I spoke with someone over the phone then. Went in to the interview, it was intimidating because I did not know it was going to be a panel interviewing me. The panel was with who would be my supervisor, his supervisor, and two current interns. It was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV)

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. Applied end ofJanuary and was called for interview by March. Questions where simple. One hour interview with about 3 people. Got a call back a week later for offer. Accepted and started 2 months later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV) in Nov 2018

Interview

The initial communication was with HR. HR contacted me for a phone interview. I had a phone interview with the manager. My second phone interview the following week was with supervisor. The third interview was with in person and was with the supervisor and manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NV Energy (Reno, NV)

Interview

Got interview through temp company. Interviewed for one job but hired me at a better position. Interviewers no long working for the company, but they were very laid back and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NV Energy

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at NV Energy

Interview

If your application has been selected for an interview, a member of the department’s hiring team will contact you to set up a time. Now, this is your chance to do some background research and to gather together everything you need to come to the interview confident and prepared.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV) in Apr 2016

Interview

Phone interview went well. I was contacted by HR. They asked that I review their diversity policy. The company has been losing senior people. I saw many people between 25-35 years old. They wanted to hire people who are younger to pay them less

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV) in Aug 2015

Interview

I had one phone interview, took two math tests and two typing tests and then a one on one interview with two gentleman. I was offered a little over 15.00 an hour during the interview. I received my offer letter in my e-mail offering me a little over 16.00 an hour, and then another offer letter for over 19.00 an hour! This company will review your skills and pay you appropriately. I appreciate that.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time where you had to show initiative.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015

Interview

The interview was with a panel of three employees and they read from a list of questions. The whole interview lasted 45 min. They asked typical and common behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • What would you say is your greatest weakness?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Interviews