Nielsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

1,355 Interview Reviews

2.9

Sort:

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The first round of interview is conducted in campus. The questions include self introduction, your motivation, your understanding of their business lines and some background questions. There will be tests to evaluate your Putonghua skills. Then it comes the market sizing questions.

Interview Questions

• How many KFCs are there in Hong Kong?   3 Answers

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was the first gate as a quick review of past experiences and a review of the position and min. salary. Next was a face-to-face interview with the Sales manager. A number of questions were what if? - explain and tell me how you would handle it.

Interview Questions

• You are in a house talking about the product with the mother for 2hours - with kids playing all over the place - than the father comes home and asks what you are doing here?   Answer Question

Interview

I filled out the application on a wednesday, and received a call back that friday. Went in for the interview on a tuesday. The interview was at a very nice hotel, and the Trainer was easy to talk to BUT she was very serious about what you knew about the business. Review those videos, and be informed about what Nielsen is! The employees love their job, and they look to hire people who will love it as much as they do.

Interview Questions

• What is Nielsen? What do Nielsen Sales Representatives do? What sale tactics do you use in odd situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary is listed

Company car, computer, and phone

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of two Nielsen managers. They were each very friendly and laid out the job specifications for me very clearly. I would really love to work for this company and hope that I get an offer. They sound like they are a very great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Apply online, interviewer calls you if it goes through another phone interview is scheduled with the hiring manager. There is a final in person interview. If hired they call you to send over an offer.

Interview Questions

• What type of people annoy you? Why?   Answer Question
    • Name someone that is better than you at something that really matters to you.   Answer Question

19 Jul 2018 – Talent Marketing and Transformation Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are happy to have you in the Nielsen family!

Panel Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Had one interview over the phone, the other one in person with two people on site. They have the wrong idea of what is to be bilingual (ie. a native English speaker knows better Spanish than a native Spanish speaker from abroad).

Interview Questions

• What country are you from? (and the like of illegal questions)   Answer Question

10 Jan 2019 – Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Continual feedback only helps our organization get stronger.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2017.

Interview

Over two hours long, with three managers, small room, difficult cross questions, Tricky questions, high pressure, very analytical and tedious interview process and enormous amount of questions asked at the same time on top of each other

Interview Questions

Nielsen Response

10 Jan 2019 – Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are happy to have you in the Nielsen family!

Panel Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldsmar, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oldsmar, FL (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

There was a phone interview with a recruiter and an in person interview with two managers about a week later. The recruiter seemed to love me, and the interviewers gave each other a lot of impressed looks. I asked if there were any reservations regarding my answers or abilities and they both said no, but I was not offered a job.

Interview Questions

• What Skills/ Qualifications do you have that are a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • What are your hobbies outside of work?   Answer Question
    • What was your biggest disappointment at work?   Answer Question
    • What three people, alive or dead, do you want to have g=dinner with and why?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle angry people?   Answer Question
    • ::scenario:: My TV isn't turning on: explain to me how to get it to work.   Answer Question
    • What experience do you ave with Microsoft Office & Google Products.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen in July 2017.

Interview

Two hours, two managers, cross questions, tricky questions...hard but doable to pass if you study and prepare. Hiring process took almost 3 weeks, interview was with two managers and crossed questioned you

Interview Questions

• If you could sit down with a Historic Person, from the past or present, would would you choose, why and what would you discuss during that encounter or meeting?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I had phone interview, then went in for personal interview with testing and was hired within a week. Training was 2 weeks

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.