O'Connor Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

O'Connor Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at O'Connor Marketing

2.4

Sales Interview

Interview

Long wait, quick, vague description of job and day to day tasks...misleading in detailing next steps or what the next step might be. The owner was very personable and the office seemed like a fun environment to be a part of. Stylish, professional looking people walking around being friendly to each other. All mostly very young

Interview Questions

• How would you go talking to a bunch of strangers all day?   Answer Question

O'Connor Marketing Response

22 Jan 2016 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your review with us.

Whilst there were certain areas of the interview that I see you didn't fully enjoy, I'm pleased to see that you found the overall experience positive and accepted an offer with us.

We are really proud of the fun and friendly environment here at O'Connor Marketing so it's always really lovely to hear positive feedback about this aspect of the business.

Thanks again.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O'Connor Marketing (Melbourne) in April 2019.

Interview

Interview process was seemingly professional and timely. However, greatly misleading on day to day tasks and how targets were to be achieved. I and i presume a few others weren't quick to notice that when they say B2B (business to business) meetings, they mean pestering other workers while on shift to buy raffle tickets for charities. If there is one thing worse than being that cold sales person that no one likes, its bothering other people trying to do their job and asking them for a minimum $30 ticket. The trial shift proved that it was a practically easy job however, expect to see yourself esteem dwindle by the second.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O'Connor Marketing.

Interview

All the questions focus on digging three strengths of yourself. The interviewer behaved officially and listened attentively even took notes. It lasted 10-15min.Everything goes smooth ly but you will get kinda of feeling there i am no offer for you since too many people come and go.

Entry-Level Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at O'Connor Marketing (Sydney) in November 2018.

Interview

Two-stage interview process:

1. After confirmation email + telephone call, there was a brief 10-15 minute interview with one of the directors covering areas of expertise, discussing the role and finding availability for stage 2 (if the candidate was successful).

2. Shadowing a sales rep in-field and asking questions on the role and what to expect

I declined to pursue the offer further since the job ad specific a marketing assistant role however, Stage 2 of the interview out in the field demonstrated the role was heavily sales dominant and offered little opportunity to progress into a more permanent marketing role

Sales Interview

Interview

it is consist of three parts. first, it's a quick interview with the recruitment team member; second, you will spend a day with their sales team; third, the boss will give you the final interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at O'Connor Marketing (Sydney) in August 2018.

Interview

First interview at their office with a manager. Second interview involved going far out into the suburbs with a few other employees to learn the ropes of selling directly to customers. You're basically a sub-contractor (they call it team-leader) who hires and trains others if you are promoted.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O'Connor Marketing (Sydney) in February 2018.

Interview

Quick to offer an interview, the interview was very straightforward besides having a vague job description. Very approachable work environment, the atmosphere was very chilled everyone I met throughout the process were very helpful.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Connor Marketing (Sydney) in March 2017.

Interview

First phone call to make sure you are the right fit, and then went on to the first interview. First interview they made you wait for half and hour and then the interview went for only 5 mins to ask about your background, The Second interview you will be paired with a sales person to do door-to-door sales, on selling donation subscription and ticket ruffles. Quit in the middle of the sales run as it was not the type of job I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales?   1 Answer

Face to Face Marketing Spokesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Vanuatu)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at O'Connor Marketing (Sydney (Vanuatu)) in October 2016.

Interview

3 stages of interview. With the first interview being a brief preliminary meeting with the Hiring Manger or Connor himself, mainly to put a face to a name and to discuss your previous experience, what it is you're looking for in a new role, and the opportunities available with them. 2nd stage is where they bring you in to spend the day with one of the team members and see if you are a good fit and to see if you're up for it as this kind of role is not for everybody.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 strengths you can bring into the company?   Answer Question

Call Centre Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wynyard

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O'Connor Marketing (Wynyard) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick brief phone interview followed by a one on one interview the next day. That's only the 2nd stage. Apparently there's 3 stages in total. I didnt bother progressing to the 3rd bcoz it feels like you are being tricked in to the job. After the face to face interview which was pretty basic. Just filling in forms and answering a few personality questions. The 3rd stage i found out myself after doing some research is that you go on a field trip the whole day walking around door to door sales. I had absolutely no idea it's a door to door sales job! I thought it was a call centre sales position at the start and still had no clue nor was i informed that what the actual role involved the whole process.

Interview Questions

Feels like you are being tricked in to a job that was originally advertised

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.