Onondaga Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Onondaga Community College

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Onondaga Community College

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Onondaga Community College (Syracuse, NY (US)).

Interview

Online app, got call two months later, panel interview, second interview not scheduled yet. Very fair interview, laid back. Several members of different departments present. Very positive. Hoping to hear more

Full-time (TT) Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Onondaga Community College (Syracuse, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

On-boarding documents get screened, usually between 100 and 200 per position. They narrow it down to 20-30, then contact by phone for a chat. The ones they like, they invite for a Skype interview. Later, a smaller number (maybe 6-8) make it through to the next round, which is a teaching demonstration. from there, they pick the top 3-5 and forward the names to the Provost, who does individual interviews (usually by Skype) with each finalist. The provost makes the final choice(s).

Interview Questions

• Describe what diversity means to you, and how it figures into your teaching.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Onondaga Community College (Syracuse, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

They brought me in and asked if I wanted to go to school there. I said yes and was accepted. They lay out a schedule and a path to follow, for a specific associate degree.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to major in?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Onondaga Community College (Syracuse, NY (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

The department chair called me on the phone and simply asked if I could teach three classes they needed to be filled at the last minute. We met very briefly a few days later, and I realized I was a part of a huge line of interviews. Basically they give you the classes and then they talk to you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with disciplinary issues in a classroom.   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Onondaga Community College (Syracuse, NY (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Unprofessional, disorganized, insincere, just looking for bodies to fill class time. Interviewer barely looked at my resume/credentials. He was just interested in WHEN and WHAT I wanted to teach. He didn't even ask if I had experience in those areas (which I did). When I explained I was pursuing legal action against my former employer - he said he didn't care and it had no bearing on my hire. Well, it did ... 4+ years later after I won and then began to pursue another related case. BAM! I was removed from the adjunct rosters and told, "we are no longer interested in your services."

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.