Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

1,374 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

They first sent a HackerRank challenge, after which a technical phone screen was held. They then flew me out to HQ in Palo Alto for an onsite interview, which was broken down into three parts: coding, debugging, and systems design.

Interview Questions

• A debugging exercise, requiring me to break down a large codebase   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

I applied online. A recruiter reached out to schedule a 45 min phone call. The phone screen was pretty in depth. Recruiter asked about past experiences and why Palantir. Moved to next step with a video call with an EA from a different team in the company. Easy questions such as whats your greatest weakness, how do you handle confidential information. Moved to the next round where I had a video interview with 3 EAs from the team. Each video interview was 30 min long. I felt pretty good with the interview and with the answers I provided. Within a week, I received a rejection email from the recruiter with no feedback. I'm not exactly sure what they're looking for. You may want to get some pointers from the recruiter and ask what they are looking for specifically.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was OK just very odd. I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter, a more in-depth video interview, and then a short 1 hr onsite. What was odd, though, is that I was never told what to expect or how long it would take. I had no idea, for example, that they expected me to come onsite at least twice or how long the onsite would take (it ended up being only 1 hr, to which I had to take the whole day off of work thinking it would last all day). They followed up the next day asking when I can come back, to which I already had other offers pending so I had to withdraw.

Another interesting point: my interviewers made it seem like they work like crazy there. One interviewer was almost bragging about how hard she works, in that she can only get in touch with her work counterparts on the weekends and late nights, which really turned me off to the company.

Overall, it was fine but no transparency about the interview process length, what to expect, and interviewers showed a crazy lack of work-life balance.

Interview Questions

• typical questions, creating a boolean string on a whiteboard, etc.   Answer Question

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Interview

Several phone calls, with a lot of back and forth before an in person interview in New York with 3 back to back technical questions. These could be answered without any prior knowledge on the subjects at hand.

Interview Questions

• Our software says there is not enough ram to operate after a recent update, troubleshoot the issue.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn. Technical phone screen 1 week later. Final round consisting of 3 interviews, all covered behavioral components, 2 were coding questions and the last focused on OO/system design.

Recruiter chat and technical phone screen were fairly standard. Palantir is kind of weird in that they have a second round of 3 technical interviews before finally conducting an interview with a hiring manager at a later date. I guess it's not worth the hiring manager's time to talk with you until you've passed the technical bar.

The coding questions were fairly standard although one ended up being pretty rushed since the interviewer arrived 15 minutes late only leaving 15 minutes to code so I was unable to finish the question. The system design question was a bit odd since I was asked to dive deep into OO design and implement classes yet the interviewer seemed disappointed that I didn't spend as much time on infrastructure, again the interview was rushed <30 minutes. I felt I could have demonstrated much more given even 5-10 more minutes.

All in all, the technical questions are fairly standard for the industry although I believe Palantir could probably get a higher fidelity read on candidates' technical abilities by allocating a bit more time to technical sections of interviews.

Deployment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

One HR call, one deployment strategist call, on-site 3 interviews, stopped there but If continue should have one or two more interviews
    People were all so nice and smart, answered questions well

Interview Questions

• What is something you could not like while working at Palantir   Answer Question

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

The process involved a coding assessment and then an on-site interview with three parts on one day. Everyone was super helpful and friendly and I was truly impressed by the company and their mission.

Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in March 2020.

Interview

I underwent the Initial Phone Screening with a recruiter. I did not make it to the next round of interviews for the position. Come prepared to answer all basic interview questions for the initial phone screening. The interviewer was very good at their job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why did you leave your last job?
      Why do you want to work for Palantir?
      (Other questions were based on things I mentioned in these three. The conversation would look different for you)   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

7 different interviews. Overall, it was the hardest interviewing process I've ever been through, but all the interviewers were incredibly thoughtful. The experience was quite intense but I'm still very grateful for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Presenting projects from my portfolio (portfolio review)   1 Answer

Deployment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

It was quite a lengthy process but overall very positive and pleasant! The sequence of interviews was as follows: recruiter call, call with Deployment Strategist, 3 interviews with Deployment Strategists onsite, a final call with a Hiring Manager.

The initial call with the recruiter gauged interest for the position and Palantir, and asked about some technical/data-centric projects I'd worked on. I was quickly scheduled for a follow-up call with a DS over Zoom. It lasted about 45 min, and the type of questions were about interest in Palantir, why I wanted to leave my current job, personal interests/passions, and more broadly interest in tech/data. A week went by without hearing back so I emailed them and they immediately responded saying they'd like to schedule me for an onsite visit. It consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews with DS and a lunch/presentation about the company. Two of the interviews were a mix of a decomp problem and behavioral, and one was fully behavioral. It was a very fun day - the interviewers were very friendly and interesting, and I had fun talking to them about my work/their work/the hypothetical deployment scenarios I had to work through. Two days later I heard back that they wanted to schedule me for a final interview with a Hiring Manager, which took place a couple of days after that, and I promptly heard back that I'd be getting an offer.

My advice to anyone interested in this position (at least those not fresh out of college, I can't speak for soon-to-be/recent grads) is to forget about worrying about brainteasers or questions of that type, and instead spend a lot of time researching Palantir, their values, their product, and thinking about whether you really are passionate about working for them. If so - let it show! Don't underestimate the importance of more behavioral-type questions in favor of technical ones. Aside from specifically researching Palantir, I spent a lot of time reading articles/blog posts about data science and interesting/innovative ways in which companies use their data. And of course, spend time thinking about your past experiences and how they can showcase your leadership, tenacity, teamwork skills, etc.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.