Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

1,291 Interview Reviews

3.2

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a phone screening with one member of the finance team. The person was very kind but the questions were kind of difficult for an introductory phone screening. There were a lot of questions about security insights as well as policy questions about Palantir. Overall the experience was good but I had the feeling that the questions were not so much related to the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what is your opinion about cyber security.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in May 2014.

Interview

Initial screen by telephone. Had to use Palantir software from home and answer some questions. Final interview at office. 2 one-on-ones and 1 two-on-one. Behavioral questions, cases, and asked to consider how Palantir could approach healthcare.

Interview Questions

• How can Palantir's approach be applied to healthcare?   2 Answers

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Interview Questions

• Given a bag of nuts and a bag of bolts, each having a different size within a bag but exactly one match in the other bag, give a fast algorithm to find all matches.   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2008.

Interview

There was a 2-level phone screen, primarily based on Java programming. The on-site interview involved a brief (literally 30 second) meeting with the CEO, followed by a series of 30 minute interviews lasting essentially all day. There were about 10-15 other candidates there at the same time, so we were basically shuttled around between different "stations" and asked to do Java on whiteboards.

The company has a traditional startup feel to it, so you have to be interested in that for this to be a good fit. I went in expecting to be asked to work 60 hours a week, and to get a reasonable share in the company (at the time I interviewed, they told me there were about 100 software engineers on staff). Long story short, they are looking for people to work about 60 hours a week, but they're not compensating for that with their pay package.

The interview process itself was quite intense (expect 8-10 half hour interview sessions), but friendly and not overly difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the shortest path between two nodes in a graph? Write code in Java to do this.   3 Answers

The compensation was severely lacking. The company has no timeline for going public, which makes payment in stock options kind of a joke. The salary is pretty bad compared to what you could get in the BAy Area with the qualifications they're looking for -- even if they did suddenly go public, the company would have to be valued at $20 billion for the options to be worth enough money to compensate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in May 2009.

Interview

They gave me a short (30-45 minute) phone screen within a couple days of me submitting my resume, and then scheduled me for on-site interviews the following week. My on-site interviews were split up across two consecutive days, and lasted from 10:00 - 3:00 the first day and from 3:00 - 6:00 the next day. I was probably interviewed by about eight different people, including the founders of the company. The interviews were very challenging -- definitely more difficult than Google's, Microsoft's, or anywhere else I've interviewed -- but also very relevant to the skill set they were interested in. The interviewers were friendly and professional. There were no "puzzle" or "brainteaser" questions asked -- they were mostly algorithmic in nature. They also gave me a demo of their main product, and talked for a while on Palantir's vision and about why they believe that what they're building is so important in today's world.

Negotiation

They presented me with three different packages (increasing salary and decreasing stock options), and I negotiated to take the highest salary offer combined with the medium stock offer. Overall, their offer was extremely competitive compared to other companies in the Bay Area. The benefits package was also very competitive (free breakfast/lunch/dinner, laundry service, massages, etc). After I accepted the offer, but before my start date, the engineering directors and my new (future) team took me out to dinner to celebrate. They definitely went out of their way to make me feel wanted :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call. They gave one problem. Couldnt solve it fully. Reject the next day. Basically if you cannot solve the problem, you'll be rejected.

Interview Questions

• Sort a list of numbers in which each number is at a distance k from its actual position   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

General question about my background. The interviewer was arrogant and disrespectful. We talked about my master's degree, and he seemed to not understand my thesis and started giving judgment without knowing what he talks about. I read the post here before the interview and most people had negative feedback. It is the same for me. The interviewer makes me feel that I was begging for a job... What the hell!
    That's actually a good thing to notice these things, you don't want to waste your time with this kind of company...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   Answer Question
    • find the sum of two integers that sums up to zero, given an array of integers.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

It was fun! Cool problems. Made it to the last round, but didn't get an offer. Oh well. Engineers I spoke to were nice, seemed fun, seemed smart. High standards. They gave us lunch. It was good.

Interview Questions

• Sort a list of integers in O(n^2) time.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2019.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter, and then within about a week I had a phone screen scheduled. The interviewer was really nice, the problems were of average difficulty.

Interview Questions

• There were many behavioral questions for about 20 min then one tech question (which I ran out of time on).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

1 HR screen, 2 Tech screen, 4 1-on-1 on-site interview

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.