Pegasystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Pegasystems Interview Questions

Interviews at Pegasystems

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Swift, well managed, and overall delightful. The team was well informed about the roll and its requirements. Everyone was warm and welcoming. Pega is a fast paced metrics driven environment, and that was clearly articulated throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• There is an exercise where you outlines your process on a whiteboard and give a presentation.   1 Answer

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was fine. There were two very similar job descriptions. One was an "attorney" position and the other for a contract manager. I applied for the attorney position, and when then received an interview was told it was a non-attorney position. Was a bit annoyed.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been drafting/negotiating contracts?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

THe interview was one of the better ones I have had. I was taken to four separate meetings (One was with HR where they let me field any general questions I had). Next was a face-to-face interview with some programming questions, next was a logic based test/ code writing test, and the last was a follow-up with one of their VPs

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, I was not ready with my Java though   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter was very basic. A brief introduction of the company history and then we went over the technical skill requirements for the position. A week after the phone interview I went for a group technical interview. Brief introductions again to high level team members and discussed the product and software used. Afterwards we went into the technical questions followed by whiteboard coding.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a process workflow?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pegasystems.

Interview

Initially met at a job fair and was invited to an interview at their Cambridge, MA location. It was about 6 hours of interviewing during which I was asked technical questions about programming, specifically Java, and team management type questions. I met with members of several different teams and also had to take a 1 hour on-paper test to determine programming skils. The new office was quite nice, and everyone was pretty friendly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would deal with a software project that was running behind schedule and there was no way to get the required functionality completed.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Bedford, NH (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through college/university to their summer intern program. Directly contacted the recruiter who came to campus; response within two weeks. First round phone interview in mid-December, mostly question about experience and why Pegasystems. Second round on site interview in January. There is a coding test of sorts that has some brain teasers and a choice of two questions to solve using Java. Was notified of offer results within a week after that.

Interview Questions

• General questions about experience and fit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything, and they did not provide an opportunity to do so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and gave them my resume. I was contacted by them about a week later and was set up for a phone interview with one of the directors. They gave me a brief summary about their company and their products. They later asked me about the projects on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at a career fair. A few weeks later, I got an email saying they were interested and set up a time to have a brief phone interview. A week later, I was emailed to have an interview on-site. The on-site interview consisted of three informal interviews with different members of the team. There was also a 45 minute portion where I was given three programming problems and asked to solve one of them and turn in my code at the end of the 45 minute mark.
    The reason I rate this experience as negative is because it seemed that two of the people I talked to had not looked at my resume before getting into the room with me, and occasionally made some pointed/disparaging remarks. Overall, I viewed this as a bad culture fit. While I didn't get an offer (but also didn't get rejected...nobody emailed me afterward), it was still an interesting learning experience. Please don't let my bad experience stop you from applying if you're interested in the product and the company, though.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my resume, convert a string of roman numerals into a number   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very informal, lot of standard questions. Several rounds as usual. First round was with the recruiter, followed by phone interviews and finally in person in interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pegasystems.

Interview

They loved the brain teaser interview questions and group interviews mainly to see how much they can make you squirm. I found that they talked less about the position and what you can bring to it, and more about how great their platform is.

Interview Questions

• Design the logic to verify a routine to count Roman numerals from 1 to 1000.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.