Qantas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 17 Apr 2019

2.9

Sort:

GSE Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

One session of vetting that includes the basic interview questions. Getting to know you and all your prior experience. Next is an actual indepth interview with maintenance and operations chief. Theres a bit of grilling and playing 'stump the chump' to determine how you react in everyday maintenance and operations svenarios. Duration about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you hold any automotive mechanic certifications?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qantas in August 2009.

Interview

It happened very quickly and I didn't know I got the job until hr called to verify my address. That should have been a sign as to how well departments communicate. The interview was rather informal and the main manager asked me why I wanted to work there since there wasn't anywhere for me to go.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was made clear to me in the interview that they were offering the max comp available. It was certainly fair and competitive for airlines.

Digital Marketing Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was first invited to do a recorded video interview, where I was asked pre-written questions and did not interact live with a representative – a bit intimidating but it was fine. I then had a casual phone call with a marketing manager, who was wonderfully transparent about the role, responsibilities, and salary to ensure it would be a good fit in both directions. Finally, I had an in-person interview with two members of the marketing team. While I wasn't given the position, the marketing manager I'd been interacting with gave me a call to let me know his reasons for choosing another candidate. In every other interview I've done elsewhere, I was rejected either via an impersonal email or never heard back at all, so I was really impressed by the fact that he took the time to call and explain his reasoning. Even though I didn't get the job, it was one of the best interview experiences I've had anywhere!

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated these skills in previous roles?   Answer Question

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qantas (Perth, Western Australia) in July 2018.

Interview

3 hour assessment day, group activity, one on one interview with a recruiter, staff presentation talking about benefits roster and pay. Very easy and quick. Spent a fair amount of time getting identity documents verified by recruitment staff.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qantas.

Interview

Normal behavioural interview explaining my experience and interest in the role with a few short case study questions. Hiring manager behaviour was very unprofessional, dis-interested the whole time and also yawning and checking phone on occasions.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qantas in July 2016.

Interview

appox. 30 mins interview. Supposed to be on-site in sydney but they were kind enough to arrange a phone interview instead for people from interstate. There were around 4,5 people for phone interview, including engineers& project leader.
    questions were fine. you get to interact if you a stuck. They mainly looked for people who is capable in web programming.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions mainly. eg. describe a time when you need to learn new things.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Sydney).

Interview

I submitted an online application. Then, I was sent an online assessment. A week after completing the assessment I was asked to do an on-site interview. I had 4-5 people interviewing me.Two weeks after my interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my past projects, some teamwork questions and technical questions.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mascot

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qantas (Mascot) in July 2012.

Interview

Standard Telephone Interview -> Online Assessments -> Face-to-face interviews. For face to face interview, questions were asked about my background and why a career change was considered necessary. Give examples of your leadership and teamwork - standard HR question sets.

Interview Questions

• Based on your knowledge, what are the three things you believe Qantas should do to become the best premium airline in the world?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable offer - take it or leave it offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas.

Interview

I applied online with a standard generic online application form and then it was followed by a face to face interview with two people from departments where the projects which were on offer were from. There may have been a phone stage but i missed the call so most correspondence was by email

Interview Questions

• generally quite alright. mainly asked about what approach i would take to the different projects which they had on offer.   Answer Question

Senior Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qantas (Sydney) in June 2013.

Interview

Very friendly hiring manager, it started with the brief summary of the organisation, and followed by Behavior Based Questions and end with open questions from me.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.