Qantas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Qantas Interview Questions

Interviews at Qantas

2.9

AME Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qantas in January 2019.

Interview

I recently had a job interview with qantas and the experience i had was rather conventional and not particularly memorable. That being said, i got the job and the culture is quite negative.

GSE Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

One session of vetting that includes the basic interview questions. Getting to know you and all your prior experience. Next is an actual indepth interview with maintenance and operations chief. Theres a bit of grilling and playing 'stump the chump' to determine how you react in everyday maintenance and operations svenarios. Duration about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you hold any automotive mechanic certifications?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qantas in August 2009.

Interview

It happened very quickly and I didn't know I got the job until hr called to verify my address. That should have been a sign as to how well departments communicate. The interview was rather informal and the main manager asked me why I wanted to work there since there wasn't anywhere for me to go.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was made clear to me in the interview that they were offering the max comp available. It was certainly fair and competitive for airlines.

Digital Marketing Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was first invited to do a recorded video interview, where I was asked pre-written questions and did not interact live with a representative – a bit intimidating but it was fine. I then had a casual phone call with a marketing manager, who was wonderfully transparent about the role, responsibilities, and salary to ensure it would be a good fit in both directions. Finally, I had an in-person interview with two members of the marketing team. While I wasn't given the position, the marketing manager I'd been interacting with gave me a call to let me know his reasons for choosing another candidate. In every other interview I've done elsewhere, I was rejected either via an impersonal email or never heard back at all, so I was really impressed by the fact that he took the time to call and explain his reasoning. Even though I didn't get the job, it was one of the best interview experiences I've had anywhere!

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated these skills in previous roles?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qantas (Sydney).

Interview

The process was rather discoordinated from the beginning. A few weeks after sending application I received a note that „after carefull analysis” My application was not successful. Two dayslater Igot another, that there has been a mistake and I am still being considered... once hiring manager took over the process, it became spotless. Good comms and feedback. I had an interview based on case study and an excell exercise. After this i haven’t received any feedback for a month. While finally I have, it was another „after careful consideration” bla bla. It is a bit disapointing as I was in the last stage of the interviews. They could have done it better, I think. Still, an interesting experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mascot

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qantas (Mascot) in July 2017.

Interview

Technical interview was fine. Behaviour interview is not very pleasant. The so-called agile delivery manager and some Indian BA does not know what software development and real agile practice is, but just reciting what they read from somewhere and try to impose the idea to the candidate.

Interview Questions

• How will you adapt to Qantas agile development practice?   Answer Question

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qantas (Perth, Western Australia) in July 2018.

Interview

3 hour assessment day, group activity, one on one interview with a recruiter, staff presentation talking about benefits roster and pay. Very easy and quick. Spent a fair amount of time getting identity documents verified by recruitment staff.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qantas.

Interview

Normal behavioural interview explaining my experience and interest in the role with a few short case study questions. Hiring manager behaviour was very unprofessional, dis-interested the whole time and also yawning and checking phone on occasions.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qantas (Sydney).

Interview

I submitted an online application. Then, I was sent an online assessment. A week after completing the assessment I was asked to do an on-site interview. I had 4-5 people interviewing me.Two weeks after my interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my past projects, some teamwork questions and technical questions.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qantas in July 2016.

Interview

appox. 30 mins interview. Supposed to be on-site in sydney but they were kind enough to arrange a phone interview instead for people from interstate. There were around 4,5 people for phone interview, including engineers& project leader.
    questions were fine. you get to interact if you a stuck. They mainly looked for people who is capable in web programming.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions mainly. eg. describe a time when you need to learn new things.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.