Queensland Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Queensland Health Interview Questions

Interviews at Queensland Health

2.9

Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, ND (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Queensland Health (Brisbane, ND (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Great, it was fast but effective. The panel knew their stuff. They had all worked in the role and that helped me understand what they were looking for. There was a HR person at the interview who didn't know very much about the technical side of the role

Physio Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Queensland Health.

Interview

Pretty standard. Choose between three clinical scenarios then answer questions based on it. Usually Ax/Rx, DC plan etc.
    Then answer questions about leadership and quality improvement projects.
    There's usually 2 or 3 people interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Choose a clinical scenario between musc, neuro and resp and answer how you would treat the patient   Answer Question

Executive Nursing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queensland Health (Brisbane) in October 2019.

Interview

10 minute perusal of 4 questions
    5 min wait
    45 min to run through my answers to the questions
    3 person panel + 1 scribe
    One male
    Some probing of responses
    Personable, relaxed, professional

Interview Questions

• If I didn’t get the role, what would they be missing out on   Answer Question

Sandwich Hand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gold Coast

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Queensland Health (Gold Coast) in May 2019.

Interview

Induction, a brief description of what the job entailed and they asked questions about experience in this area and how long i have been doing it. About food Hygenie. Asked if i had questions about pay etc.
    Interview ended.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in food service?   1 Answer

Senior Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queensland Health (Brisbane) in February 2019.

Interview

This role, whilst within a media and communications team required someone who could deliver comms & events.

First up I was asked to complete a 30 min practical exercise (was advised of interview structure via email a few days prior) whereby I had to write my marketing strategy for a 2 hour event scheduled for next month.

Plus two experience based questions:

1. discuss a challenging event and how you dealt with it and how you managed your time during this process

2. show evidence that you can develop positive stakeholder relationships & explain how you’ve dealt w. difficult stakeholders

I then met with panel to hear overview of role, discuss my answers & ask any questions.

Entire process took just over an hour.

The panel were very friendly and despite initially feeling like a high school exam scenario it was a really great experience.

No word on the outcome yet...fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• I asked “what qualities someone in this role would need to excel?”   Answer Question
    • I also asked, “what was the biggest challenge facing the team?”   Answer Question
    • And of course...”what is the next step in the interview process?”   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queensland Health (Brisbane) in January 2019.

Interview

I was referred by a former project manager who called and advised of the position. She referred me to the director who got me to speak with the solutions architect lead. After speaking with him, I told my agency that I would accept the role and negotiated the conditions of the contract.

Interview Questions

• Availability, previous project experience, willingness to travel   1 Answer

New Graduate Interview

Interview

Submitted written application online, then after a considerable wait, got invited to group interview with possibility to progress to individual interview either the same day or a few days later (depending on location)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Queensland Health (Toowoomba) in October 2018.

Interview

Professional panel made up of senior clinicians and an executive director. Behavioural based interview questions with each panel member asking a question in rotation. Efficient and comfortable environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your values and how will you apply it into this role?   Answer Question

Graduate Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Townsville

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Queensland Health (Townsville) in September 2018.

Interview

Quick scenario based question followed by written component. The panel consisted of the NUM, CNC and another CN. I interviewed with another candidate. Although I feel I did what was required and made no error, I did not succeed in securing a spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in this situation? (After example was given)   1 Answer

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Queensland Health (Brisbane) in November 2017.

Interview

Usual QH delays, mistakes & inefficiency in getting the interview appointment. Went to interview, then put in small messy room to answer, like a robot, the autocratic 5 question test within 10 minutes before the F2F interview. Of course, without any warning or even a comment beforehand. Then F2F with the panel who immediately went into asking the questions & answer process. This was where the experience disappointingly plummeted because there was no introductory overview of the job role so, me as the interviewee, could focus and have insight into the role before verbally answering the questions. How dare I expect such consideration!

It simply demonstrated the truth of the QH closed & self-centred minded thinking that I've continually experienced on many occasions and which is akin to the dictatorial attiude of times gone by that is unfortunately embedded into the QH culture.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.