SEEK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

SEEK Interview Questions

Interviews at SEEK

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK.

Interview

First I had a Skype interview with an HR representative. This was informal and most of the questions were getting to know you' questions. The second interview was also on Skype with the Director. This consisted of more questions about past experience and desired salary. Both interviewers were relaxed and it was very conversational.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at SEEK (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2020.

Interview

My friend suggested me to apply for Seek Asia, I gave him my resume and he sent it to HR (Mosh) around mid Nov 2019.

First stage was Phone Screening. It took a month for Mosh to reply and then they told me they are reviewing their job positions and descriptions and after another 1 Month HR came back and said Ok we are in middle of reviewing and we get back to you, it took another two month for them to setup first phone interview, which we reviewed history and resume together.

Second stage was a online technical challenge, It took them a month to come back and say hey you passed this stage and do this technical something like hackerrank challenge, after passing the challenge they came back after few weeks that you have passed this stage and let's do a technical collaboration interview but we can not offer any position to you as we are freezing the hiring, I said ok I like to go through the experience and let's move forward,

Third stage was technical collaboration challenge. It took them another 2 month to setup second technical interview as we got into COVID-19 lockdown and we did it remotely which was ok and I talked to two engineer and we worked on some piece of code together.

Fourth stage was cultural interview. It took them another month to come back and say let's do final stage cultural interview, this one I talked to a front-end developer and a software architect, and worst stage of interview as they were asking questions like robots, behaved like tyrants talking to a slave, they did not answer my clarifying questions, and we ended the interview in the middle as both party lost interest in the interview.

Final answer came came two days after last stage and they informed me that I am rejected as I am not aligned and had minimal understanding of their values which is "Care, Aim High, Deliver", and suggested me to do some research next time before cultural interview and adapt my answer to show I respect their values.

In the end they gave me a feedback for all 4 stage. I found their feedback insulting and biased, as they were literally suggesting people to tell lie during interview and show they have experiences related to their values.

They did not ask for feedback.

Overall longest interview process more than 7 month, and worst cultural interview experience with inexperienced interviewers, . It seems they were using some people to train their interviewers. I do suggest to go through the interview as it's a new experience but do not expect anything as they mostly use interviewees to train their interviewers.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in September 2019.

Interview

Was called within two weeks of applying. The first interview was via Zoom with a HR rep, the second interview was also via Zoom with three SEEK staff the same HR rep, Product Owner and Lead Developer. The third was a half hour presentation to a panel of six staff. I was not offered the job and was told it went to someone internal.

UX Designer Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a member of HR who set up the first interview, which was with herself. I then met with the temporary head of UX for a second interview. A week later I met with the incoming head of UX.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

The interview contains 3-4 rounds, a 20-30 mins phone interview, then comes with an online psychometric assessment (3-4 hours), after that is a coding challenge homework, then a 1-hour pair programming with a 15 min break, then the final interview will be a cultural interview with the team lead and other delivery managers.

Graduate Software Developer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne).

Interview

Do some hackerank style test first up (codality), Never got asked about any of the questions so they just use it as a filter to get to phone screen. Then some standard HR phone call which you can just talk some generic bla bla I love seek and all this crap to so you can get to next stage.

Group interview was TDD doing some lame game in JavaScript using some custom framework someone internal thought was a good idea to use.. Couldn't even use some IDE given it was some custom built web UI someone built for it hosted on heroku. It was a pretty terrible experience and rushed. The dominating egos in the room go out of their way to suck up and make it known to the observers that they are 'awesome'.

The psych tests are a complete joke, they expect you to click 500 radio buttons in some lame 3rd party service that takes about 3 hours to do.

The last stage is 1 on 1 with HR and some tech person. The questions didn't go into any coding stuff at all. Mostly just idle chit chat - see questions.

The crazy thing about all this process is, I got denied after doing all the tech tests, group interviews and psych tests and the reason was. "I didnt show enough passion to want to work for seek".

Thanks a lot for wasting my time. Seek could really knuckle filtering candidates based on 'passion' to work for seek and seek only rather than lead candidates on to lots of time wasting paperwork. You could've asked me this to start with if it was this much of an issue.

Introverts shouldn't bother to apply for seek. The typical hipster extrovert into javascript that can convince the recruiter they love seek and only seek (like seek is the only company on earth worth working for) should attempt to apply. The office is very messy too and could sense it was a cowboy anything goes type dev environment.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in May 2019.

Interview

1. Online application
    2. Codility programming test - fairly standard programming questions just to make sure you know what you're doing.
    3. Assessment Centre - all day (9am-3pm) at their Melbourne office. The day started with a short group activity based on the Agile development process, and this was followed by an office tour. After lunch there was a pair programming challenge in Javascript as well as a behavioral interview.
    4. Psychometric testing

Interview Questions

• If you had 12 months to develop something, what problem would you solve?   Answer Question

Admin Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEEK.

Interview

simple and simple. no difficult questions. nothing difficult. Paint a good picture of the company which could be misleading. The interviewer does not know the topic well, not much of the technical questions.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SEEK.

Interview

First, a phone screen where the recruiter gets to know your background and experiences. Then had a interview chance with design team via Zoom call. Both interviewers were friendly and it was very conversational.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SEEK in January 2019.

Interview

The overall experience is quite bad. the whole interview process from the day they call me until they offer me took around 1 month+.

The interview start with a phone screening to check on your experience and background. after 1-2 days, you will be issue an online assessment which require you to build a simple application in 7 days. I took 4 days to complete the application and submitted it for review. after submission i waited for 3 days before anyone contacted me on any updates, apparently they had finished review and I am selected to proceed for the next interviews which is a technical interview and a cultural interview which is schedule a week later as the interviewer are busy.

The whole technical interview are mainly programming test which consist of 4 questions that you need to finish in 1.5 hours. the answer need to be a written program that able to be executed and includes unit tests, that about it. For me, I am a bit puzzled on this technical "interview" as the previous online assessment that require me to write a full application is more that suffice to gauge someone programming competency. but somehow I am needed to do more programming during the interview. Even though the job I applied for require knowledge in could technologies such as AWS as well as knowledge CI/CD. but none of those are covered in the interview. As such the whole technical interview feel quite shallow as though I have applied for a fresh graduate job.

Lastly, is the cultural interview which is right after the technical interview. The interview is to basically for the interviewer to get to know more on you on the career perspective as well as your personality.

All in all, the whole interview experience are ruin by the long interview duration as well as dubious "technical" interview. they did offer me vacancy around a week after the final interview, but I had rejected it as I had already accepted and offer from another company.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.