SEEK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

SEEK Interview Questions

Updated 14 Aug 2018

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK.

Interview

First I had a Skype interview with an HR representative. This was informal and most of the questions were getting to know you' questions. The second interview was also on Skype with the Director. This consisted of more questions about past experience and desired salary. Both interviewers were relaxed and it was very conversational.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne).

Interview

Lengthy four round interview process including psychometric testing.

A lot of behavioural based questions were asked to determine cultural fit which is a priority at SEEK. Recommend bringing along examples of work if applicable to show evidence of skills and application.

Interview Questions

• You will most likely have to meet with peers. No need to prepare for this meeting, everyone at SEEK is very personable and welcoming.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in October 2014.

Interview

Lengthy - a phone interview, group interview, individual interview, online psychometric testing, and one final in-person interview. It's very important to review SEEK's values and go through the website in detail to think about how your personality and experiences best align.

Interview Questions

• How do you fit in with SEEK values?
      What do you do to relax in your spare time?   Answer Question

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Application
    They asked a bunch of questions to get an idea of who you are and what your values are. Right off the bat the focus is more on the person than the qualifications, which makes sense for an entry level role. Of course a resume and the usual stuff is submitted too.

2. Coding test
    I'd say average difficulty, they give you plenty of time and I got my percentage results back automatically which was very much appreciated. Platform for me was Codility, plenty of languages to choose from.

3. Group Session
    Really cool. A bunch of applicants come in on-site and pair up on a task. For us it was making a game, with focus being on TDD and general practice, as well as ability to work together. Much more specialised than most group interviews for grads, and I was really impressed by this stage.

4. Interview
    I feel this was the most extensive part for me. It was quite easygoing and pleasant, but felt like a lot more questions than usual. Some questions were particularly tailored to my background, which I like as some companies leave resume/academic history assessment till last and it's nice to be reassured that the interviewers are familiar with your background. 2 interviewers.

5. Psychometric Testing
    Nothing unusual. Personality as well as cognitive ability. Somewhat notable how late in the process this is, I'd assume that means it's not really used as a filter, but that's just my guess.

Overall, this was probably my most positive grad interview experience. I found the speed of it all to be reasonable and conversations with HR to be more straightforward than most companies. Seek was also very accommodating for interstate applicants

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through Seek (of course), with resume, CV, and some questions. Then there was an online coding test. Then there was a tour of the office with a dozen other candidates, followed by a pair programming workshop. Then more online tests, this time persona
    it's and critical thinking,mThen an interview, with two people. One person had lead the tour and was HR, the other was a more technical person. They were interested in what I had done, but it wasn't a technical interview.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne).

Interview

I was applying for a contract role that had remained unfilled for a number of months. I was contacted by agency about the opportunity. Following an initial phone screen, I completed a first round interview with the HR Manager. This was then followed by 2nd stage interview with the HR Director and Senior Software Development Manager. These interviews focused on a combination of my technical experience as well as cultural compatibility.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in January 2007.

Interview

Seek employs people based on attitude more than anything else. You will impress them if you are young, confident, out going, smart, fashionable, smooth and relaxed. You want to make sure that you have read some web articles about the latest ideas and terminology in your area and can throw around terminology and concepts with confidence. Dont worry they are not going to drill down on anything because they don't know it themselves. They want the "in crowd", " the popular kids".

The key is confidence, confidence, CONFIDENCE.

Dont say anything negative or they will drill down, drill down, drill down and then your out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Seek?   1 Answer
    • Why woudl you be a good X?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview Process there is pretty simple the first interview was done by an Architect who works for seek. i was being interviewed for a position in seek learning, the interviewer was polite and nice during the interview,

Interview Questions

• i can tell that he was not experienced in interviewing people as his questions were pretty shallow and not organized. and i believe such confusion happened as their expectation was different from my experience as they seemed to be interested in a more technical role while my experience is more towards management.   Answer Question

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEEK (Auckland (New Zealand)).

Interview

I applied for the advertised role of P.A. to the G.M. of New Zealand on October 23rd, and was invited for a one-way video interview on October 31st, which I promptly completed.
    I was then invited for a face-to-face interview due to take place on November 11th.
    During this period, I lived and breathed Seek, and dedicated all of my free time preparing for this interview. I bought a new outfit, and arranged for the time off work.
    Sadly, 36 hours before I was due to be interviewed, the interview was cancelled as a successful candidate had already been chosen.
    Where I certainly do not expect to be offered all of the jobs I apply for, I would at least have appreciated the chance to have been interviewed, to put into practice the weeks of preparation I had effected.
    I feel that this would be fair and expected practice for a company so highly regarded in the realm of recruitment.
    A company should never underestimate how much time and energy prospective employees dedicate to the employment process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in January 2015.

Interview

Had one initial interview with HR, followed by two interviews with Customer Service (first one with two Customer Service Team Leaders, second one with Customer Service Manager and Customer Service Team Leader).

Interviewers were all very friendly and conversational. First-round interview was probably more probing and intense than the final one. Expect several questions about different aspects of customer service.

Each interview was scheduled very quickly - usually within a week - and this reflects well on their agile culture. Communication was also very consistent and transparent.

However, SEEK are also keen to see what you are like as an individual - culture fit is important too.

In the reception area, you notice lots of visitors coming and going and culture looks very friendly, social and fun.

Interview Questions

• If you had an unlimited budget, what would you spend it on? Hint: what are your passions, personally or professionally?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.