SEEK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Find your next job here

SEEK Interview Questions

Updated 6 Dec 2017

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK.

Interview

First I had a Skype interview with an HR representative. This was informal and most of the questions were getting to know you' questions. The second interview was also on Skype with the Director. This consisted of more questions about past experience and desired salary. Both interviewers were relaxed and it was very conversational.

Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2017.

Interview

I've applied for software engineer front-ent at global delivery pod Malaysia.
    First was round telephonic call to know better about me, to schedule this seek taken 1 week time.
    After scheduling call for first time, it was cancelled on interview call day and postponed to 2 weeks later giving reason that they have busy schedule.
    After 2 weeks I got call and interviewer got known about me.
    Next phase is assignment, I was given task and has to be completed in 1 week time. Since I'm working and busy I just spent couple of days and completed task and submitted.
    For assignment result I have to follow up with then and after 1 week I was told they not considering me for the position at the moment.
    Based on their process later I realised not sure if they really need of resource for this position. Because it's too slow, took more than 1 month time. Between I see this position opening they been posting since 6 months. I doubt whether they really need candidate or just post due to corporate policies.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through Seek (of course), with resume, CV, and some questions. Then there was an online coding test. Then there was a tour of the office with a dozen other candidates, followed by a pair programming workshop. Then more online tests, this time persona
    it's and critical thinking,mThen an interview, with two people. One person had lead the tour and was HR, the other was a more technical person. They were interested in what I had done, but it wasn't a technical interview.

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Application
    They asked a bunch of questions to get an idea of who you are and what your values are. Right off the bat the focus is more on the person than the qualifications, which makes sense for an entry level role. Of course a resume and the usual stuff is submitted too.

2. Coding test
    I'd say average difficulty, they give you plenty of time and I got my percentage results back automatically which was very much appreciated. Platform for me was Codility, plenty of languages to choose from.

3. Group Session
    Really cool. A bunch of applicants come in on-site and pair up on a task. For us it was making a game, with focus being on TDD and general practice, as well as ability to work together. Much more specialised than most group interviews for grads, and I was really impressed by this stage.

4. Interview
    I feel this was the most extensive part for me. It was quite easygoing and pleasant, but felt like a lot more questions than usual. Some questions were particularly tailored to my background, which I like as some companies leave resume/academic history assessment till last and it's nice to be reassured that the interviewers are familiar with your background. 2 interviewers.

5. Psychometric Testing
    Nothing unusual. Personality as well as cognitive ability. Somewhat notable how late in the process this is, I'd assume that means it's not really used as a filter, but that's just my guess.

Overall, this was probably my most positive grad interview experience. I found the speed of it all to be reasonable and conversations with HR to be more straightforward than most companies. Seek was also very accommodating for interstate applicants

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne).

Interview

I was applying for a contract role that had remained unfilled for a number of months. I was contacted by agency about the opportunity. Following an initial phone screen, I completed a first round interview with the HR Manager. This was then followed by 2nd stage interview with the HR Director and Senior Software Development Manager. These interviews focused on a combination of my technical experience as well as cultural compatibility.

Graduate Trainee Program/Hong Kong Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEEK (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Aptitude test 45 mins
       3 parts: Numerical, Language, Logical.
       Sample test question could find on google with key words. More about company and business related practical situation like: turnover, gross benefit, exchange rate, discount, cost...

2. Group interview about 10 ppl.
         Random question for each candidate. And have 1 minute to express your idea about the question.

3. Q&A
         Ask question to recruiter with good sense.

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEEK (Auckland (New Zealand)).

Interview

I applied for the advertised role of P.A. to the G.M. of New Zealand on October 23rd, and was invited for a one-way video interview on October 31st, which I promptly completed.
    I was then invited for a face-to-face interview due to take place on November 11th.
    During this period, I lived and breathed Seek, and dedicated all of my free time preparing for this interview. I bought a new outfit, and arranged for the time off work.
    Sadly, 36 hours before I was due to be interviewed, the interview was cancelled as a successful candidate had already been chosen.
    Where I certainly do not expect to be offered all of the jobs I apply for, I would at least have appreciated the chance to have been interviewed, to put into practice the weeks of preparation I had effected.
    I feel that this would be fair and expected practice for a company so highly regarded in the realm of recruitment.
    A company should never underestimate how much time and energy prospective employees dedicate to the employment process.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne).

Interview

Six interviews, three reference checks, and psychometric testing over a three week period. Met with line managers, employees at level, and senior members of HR.

Tips for HR

Clear and consistent feedback for candidates: numerous times throughout the process I received feedback which didn't match the reality of the next interview. As an example I was provided with a copy of the SEEK Values and asked to prepare examples against each value. However in the interview the questions did not touch on any of these values. I felt this misleading and a waste of my time in preparation.

Body language: given its reputation for cultural fit, I was perplexed when HR consistently would shake their head no, during the interview process. This was very off-putting, and didn't create an environment where I felt comfortable as a candidate.

Greater transparency: I was not the preferred candidate throughout this process, and while I instinctively felt that, HR continued to provide me with positive feedback and put me through to the next interview. This would have been ok had the process been only three interviews long, but it cut into several weekends and week nights - I felt my time really wasn't of great importance here.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about your current job?
      When have you worked on something and not received credit for it?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne).

Interview

The interview process consists of many stages including members of the Product team, HR, etc assessing your technical and decision making skills along with how well you'll fit in the organisation. Cultural fit is VERY important to SEEK and I noted that I was probably asked more questions around my soft skills than my core skills as a product manager.

Interview Questions

• "Knowing what we've told you, how would you prioritise these 2 features and why?"   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne).

Interview

Lengthy four round interview process including psychometric testing.

A lot of behavioural based questions were asked to determine cultural fit which is a priority at SEEK. Recommend bringing along examples of work if applicable to show evidence of skills and application.

Interview Questions

• You will most likely have to meet with peers. No need to prepare for this meeting, everyone at SEEK is very personable and welcoming.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.