SEEK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

SEEK Interview Questions

Interviews at SEEK

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK.

Interview

First I had a Skype interview with an HR representative. This was informal and most of the questions were getting to know you' questions. The second interview was also on Skype with the Director. This consisted of more questions about past experience and desired salary. Both interviewers were relaxed and it was very conversational.

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got invited to a 3 hour coding test on Codility platform. 2 weeks later invited to complete cognitive and logic assessments. One week later, invited to on-site assessment day. Group activities, 2 on 1 interview and paired programming.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced conflict and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne).

Interview

Lengthy four round interview process including psychometric testing.

A lot of behavioural based questions were asked to determine cultural fit which is a priority at SEEK. Recommend bringing along examples of work if applicable to show evidence of skills and application.

Interview Questions

• You will most likely have to meet with peers. No need to prepare for this meeting, everyone at SEEK is very personable and welcoming.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in October 2014.

Interview

Lengthy - a phone interview, group interview, individual interview, online psychometric testing, and one final in-person interview. It's very important to review SEEK's values and go through the website in detail to think about how your personality and experiences best align.

Interview Questions

• How do you fit in with SEEK values?
      What do you do to relax in your spare time?   Answer Question

Admin Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEEK.

Interview

simple and simple. no difficult questions. nothing difficult. Paint a good picture of the company which could be misleading. The interviewer does not know the topic well, not much of the technical questions.

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Application
    They asked a bunch of questions to get an idea of who you are and what your values are. Right off the bat the focus is more on the person than the qualifications, which makes sense for an entry level role. Of course a resume and the usual stuff is submitted too.

2. Coding test
    I'd say average difficulty, they give you plenty of time and I got my percentage results back automatically which was very much appreciated. Platform for me was Codility, plenty of languages to choose from.

3. Group Session
    Really cool. A bunch of applicants come in on-site and pair up on a task. For us it was making a game, with focus being on TDD and general practice, as well as ability to work together. Much more specialised than most group interviews for grads, and I was really impressed by this stage.

4. Interview
    I feel this was the most extensive part for me. It was quite easygoing and pleasant, but felt like a lot more questions than usual. Some questions were particularly tailored to my background, which I like as some companies leave resume/academic history assessment till last and it's nice to be reassured that the interviewers are familiar with your background. 2 interviewers.

5. Psychometric Testing
    Nothing unusual. Personality as well as cognitive ability. Somewhat notable how late in the process this is, I'd assume that means it's not really used as a filter, but that's just my guess.

Overall, this was probably my most positive grad interview experience. I found the speed of it all to be reasonable and conversations with HR to be more straightforward than most companies. Seek was also very accommodating for interstate applicants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through Seek (of course), with resume, CV, and some questions. Then there was an online coding test. Then there was a tour of the office with a dozen other candidates, followed by a pair programming workshop. Then more online tests, this time persona
    it's and critical thinking,mThen an interview, with two people. One person had lead the tour and was HR, the other was a more technical person. They were interested in what I had done, but it wasn't a technical interview.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK.

Interview

- Online programming test, which was very easy
    - Assessment Centre invite came a few weeks later
            - Group problem solving exercises
            - Interview with 2 current devs
            - Pair programming exercise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview includes a group activity, a behavioral interview and a pair coding activity. The group activity is about passing as many balls as you can within a given time period; The behavioral interview does not have any weird questions; The pair coding activity is all about solving programming questions with another teammate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your recent project...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne) in May 2019.

Interview

1. Online application
    2. Codility programming test - fairly standard programming questions just to make sure you know what you're doing.
    3. Assessment Centre - all day (9am-3pm) at their Melbourne office. The day started with a short group activity based on the Agile development process, and this was followed by an office tour. After lunch there was a pair programming challenge in Javascript as well as a behavioral interview.
    4. Psychometric testing

Interview Questions

• If you had 12 months to develop something, what problem would you solve?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.