Sandstone Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Sandstone Technology

2.9

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sandstone Technology (Sydney) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two interviews, where the first was a technical interview and the second was a short interview. Due to COVID-19 both interviews were conducted at home via video. This role was mainly to do with fullstack development.

The first interview was with a technical lead as well as two other developers and mainly consisted of explaining my previous experience, and answering a few technical questions which lasted around 45 minutes. I was not able to answer all the questions as I didn't know the answer.

The second interview, was a short 15 minute with a technical lead and a product outcome owner, where they asked two quick questions, which felt more like a discussion rather than an interview. Overall, I found this interview much more relaxed and down to earth than the first one.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve callback hell in NodeJS?   Answer Question
    • In your opinion, what's the intention of having rebase as a separate command from merge?   Answer Question
    • For example, say I had a table with 5 records and another with 2 records, how many records would I have after performing a left outer join and an inner join?   Answer Question
    • How many joins are there and explain the difference.   Answer Question
    • Briefly explain the component lifecycle in React.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sandstone Technology (Sydney) in January 2020.

Interview

The hr give me a call asking some basic questions. And then send me a link to a technique test online. The program test is very easy. Then the hr send me an email invitation to face-to-face interview, the interview is with 3 man. They ask questions base on me resume.

At the end of the interview, they promised me to tell me the result by early next week, but they keep silent since then. I ask hr about my application status, just got ignored. I can not understand the way they treat their applicants. At least, should send email to tell those one rejected. But the way that they just ignore the candidates is a kind of rude. This probably reflects a bit of culture of the company "If you are useful, I will call you. Otherwise you are ignored", this is kind of rude. This company does not deserve my time.

Full Stack Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sandstone Technology (Sydney) in October 2019.

Interview

I attended the first level of interview. They asked some questions about hibernate, Angular JS. Some behavioral questions. I gave pretty good answers. I am not sure why they didn't select me.

Interview Questions

• Questions about dialect used in Hibernate and connecting multiple databases.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandstone Technology (Sydney) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied it online and join the onsite interview. The second day I got a reply that I pass the interview and need to provide two referees. I did it. After one week, I didn't get any further information. When I send an email asking them, they said they already chose another person.

Very unprofessional. Bad experience

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandstone Technology (Sydney) in September 2019.

Interview

I attended an interview.
    In the beginning, I waited half an hour due to they were at a meeting. Then two engineers came, they ask general questions, let me talked about my previous projects related to the future work.

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandstone Technology (Melbourne) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sandstone Technology (Sydney) in June 2018.

Interview

I first got a call asking about my previous experience and then an email inviting for a technical test. If you pass the test then they call you for further face to face round. The test was pretty easy. 1.30 hours given for the test. No complex questions. Some analytical questions, some aptitude questions, some conceptual questions and a couple of basic programs.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to identify the number sort and some conceptual questions, how to swap two int value without using additional value?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sandstone Technology (Sydney) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. You tell them about yourself and they tell you what they do. Nothing too technical, mostly questions based on your skills. The interviewers were polite and very pleasant to speak to.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandstone Technology (Sydney).

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. A phone call, then a written test, then a face to face interview. The written test wasn't that hard, but there was quite a bit of theory stuff. So brush up on OOP theory if you want to do well.

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandstone Technology.

Interview

Applied through university website, called me for a quick chat and set up an interview.

Interview took about 30 min, asked some question about general IT support, and a scenario based quesiton.

Interview Questions

• How would you check the mac address of machine.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandstone Technology.

Interview

a bit of technical, but not very high level, hints are provided, not language specific, very straight forward algorithm involved. no system design question. asked a bit of security question.

Interview Questions

• compare different sorting algorithms in terms of time and space complexity.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.