Sanofi Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Sanofi Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Sanofi

3.1

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Applied on their careers page and heard back about a week and a half later that they were going to look into people with more experience. The application did not ask any questions, they only had you upload a resume.

Interview Questions

• Application did not ask for cover letter, but there was an option to upload one   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sanofi

Research Associate Interview

Interview

not too hard for me. first phone interview just general questions based on my resume then on site interview, it took half a day, all ppl would work with me try to have a talk with me on that day

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi (Cambridge, MA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I was first contacted by a contractor, as Sanofi has outsourced hiring for entry-level positions. The contractor was unprofessional throughout the process. After being screened by him, two groups at the company was interested in interviewing me. It involved two rounds: one phone interview and one in-person interview per group. I met with 2-4 people per group for the in-person interview.
    Interviewing with the Sanofi teams were fine, and they seemed like very nice people to work with. However, the contractor was so rude and condescending it spoiled the whole process for me. I had been working with multiple groups and contractors and not one of them spoke down to me in such a way. First, he booked the in-person interviews without consulting me first with a days notice, despite me telling him in advance I needed at least three days notice because I was located 7 hours from Boston at the time. Then he actually yelled at me when I said I would not be able to travel to Boston with only a days notice because there were no buses going to Boston that day. He scoffed and said he would compensate me for a $300 flight if I got and accepted an offer from either of the teams. I managed to set up interviews with other companies, so it ended up being worth the trip of having a relative drive me 2 hours to another state so I could catch a bus to Boston.
    Then, I received an offer from one team and I tried negotiating the compensation. When he came back with a counter offer, he said it was the best he can do and that I "cannot tell others about how much I would earn" because he remembers being my age "and what loose lips we have at this age."
    I was interviewing for a professional position and the treatment I received was far from that. My age shouldn't affect how a contractor can treat and speak to me. I recommend that Sanofi either cut this outsourced hiring model or screen the contractors representing them better.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sanofi in December 2016.

Interview

Resume forwarded to hiring manager through a professor. Phone interview with hiring manager reviewing technical background. Was told I was moved on to the second round and would have an in-person/Skype interview but never received it. Was rejected 2 months later

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sanofi.

Interview

phone call with HR within 3 weeks of applying to position, got on-site interview right away after HR call... the onsite consisted of 4 members of team, and 30 minutes each person

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanofi (Framingham, MA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The application process was typical. The interview consisted of a series of one on one interviews and short seminar. The hiring process was very slow, and the recruiter was not very responsive.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to leave your current company to come to Genzyme?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sanofi (Waltham, MA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency regarding this position. The recruiter thought that I would be a good fit for it based on my resume, so I scheduled a 30-minute phone interview with her. Our conversation went well, and she arranged me on site interview 1 week after. On the day of the scheduled interview, I arrived early and the hiring manager is so nice that she rescheduled the time. During the interview, I talked to two scientists in the project team. As they were telling me about the job, and asking questions about my research experience and eligibility for working in USA since I was using my OPT. At the very end of the interview, the hiring manager walked me out at the end, told me they would make a decision soon.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanofi (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Awesome, friendly and challenging as well. The group is amazing to work with. The company is a good place to work and some very exciting projects to work upon.
    The interviewers are interested in knowing our background more than how we fit in their role.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi (Framingham, MA (US)).

Interview

Two telephonic interviews- one with HR and the other with hiring manger. On site interview was almost full day interview that included presentation, group interview, 1:1 and lab tour. People from different sub groups interacted with me during the interview. It started with basic question and lead to trouble shooting questions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly from your resume. Asked about couple of trouble shooting scenarios.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sanofi (Framingham, MA (US)).

Interview

Meet with multiple people. Start with HR, then Hiring manager, then the rest of the team. Scientists individually, but associates are grouped together as a tribunal. Then back to HR. For second interview, you will meet director team again, maybe will give small seminar.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. Genzyme doesn't require a formal psych evaluation style interview that places like Merck use. Basically you will be asked about your experience etc. and things relevant to the actual position write up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate. The offer is below market and if you accept it, that salary will blunt your future salary raises/promotions for your career.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.