ScienceLogic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

ScienceLogic Interview Questions

Interviews at ScienceLogic

2.9

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

HR calls you and asks you basic questions that can be reviewed by reviewing application or by looking at resume. She is very direct and ask questions in a rude way and constantly interrupts you by saying that's not what I meant, answer my question. This is the way we do things and it's my way or the highway. This reflects poorly on their culture.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your last job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me specifically what you did in your last job   Answer Question

Customer Reference Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Standard process. Call with Recruiter, call with hiring manager, call with hiring manager (PMM)and CMO, and on-site interview. Walked away with a good feeling about the company--smart people and understood the position. They simply needed someone to build a program from the ground up and seemed willing to speak with me about the role since I had 10 years of experience, but did have not formally built a program from the ground up. Would consider interviewing with them again, if approached.

Interview Questions

• Have you build a reference program from the ground up?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Screening by company recruiter.
    Interviews one day with 5 people.
    Offer a couple of days later!

The interview process allowed me to determine very quickly through the people and the questions, ScienceLogic was going to be a place where I would thrive. Fast paced, competing priorities!

Interview Questions

• How would I prioritize projects when some are not measurable.   1 Answer

Agile Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScienceLogic.

Interview

I applied online through the ScienceLogic website. I got a call scheduled where the recruiter asked about my background and skills and set a date for an interview with the hiring managers (quite a fast process). The interview with the hiring managers was quite calm. They asked about my background, what sort of role I am looking for, what my interests are for future positions, and a few of STAR based interview questions about teams. I had to decline the offer because it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Explain times when you were on a good team and when you were on a bad team.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScienceLogic in February 2018.

Interview

Recruiter called me to arrange an interview. The recruiter was rude during the interview and then called and left a rude voicemail blaming it on the hiring manager. The recruiter was not professional and did not reflect well on the company

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview date and length selected below are to the best of my recollection.

The process was very thorough and lasted approximately 2-3 weeks with several technical interviews along the way. As is often the case, it included many emails. The last interview was held in person at the company and lasted 3.5 hours. I met with 2 Chief Technical Officers, 3 lead developers, and 2 software developers, as well as one of the product managers. The in person interview quite effectively tested the depth of my technical competency.

At the end of the process I was told that they were very pleased with my qualifications, and felt I would be able to contribute to other areas, e.g. natural language processing and data analytics. They were visibly exited that I brought added value to the position. They had conversations with at least 4 references, 1 manager and 3 software developers, who all gave me great reviews. The company quickly offered me the position, and I accepted.

When I was asked to disclose whether I had a criminal record, I didn't hesitate and stated that I had a 12 year old felony. I mentioned that if they liked I would talk with them about any concerns they might have. The crime had no relation to the job or the company.

I got the quickest callback I ever received from them. The HR employee was stumbling over her words, and with a laser focused determination began going over my resume with a fine toothed comb. She talked over me at times, and cut me off during our conversation. She sounded desperate to find any reason to rescind the offer, and came across as hostile and abusive. I had made an error on my job history, and HR used that as an opportunity to rescind the offer, stating I had lied about my employment.

When I asked whether ScienceLogic employed any ex-felons I was told that was irrelevant. From her response I assume that the company has a blanket policy for not hiring ex-felons. Blanket disqualifications from employment because of a criminal record are probably a violation of Title VII Equal Employment legislation. I have read enough, and talked with several attorneys, to know this as a fact. At the same time winning such a case is next to impossible unless it is in a class action suit.

As I came through the interview process I was hopeful. It is disappointing that employers will always find a way around these laws. A few months ago I had the co-founder of a company who interviewed me tell me I was qualified, and then the other co-founder who didn't interview me tell me I wasn't. That job offer was also rescinded.

The call was very unpleasant and serious, but for the end when HR wished me success in my continued job search. I laughed as I hung up.

Interview Questions

• What is a Python descriptor?   1 Answer
    • What is a singleton and how would you implement it in Python?   1 Answer

Devo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Herndon, VA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Then there was the in-person interview. They neglected to say that the manager doing the hiring was not present. Then two days later they set up a meeting with the manager. The manager was hostile and didn't want to talk to me. It lasted less than 15 minutes. It should have ended there if he had someone else in mind. It went on for another week with them not answering emails before they finally said no.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Extremely effortless process. Meetings went well and the whole thing was painless. great interview settings. felt extremely relaxed. Easy questions were asked. there was no pressure. did not have to wait long.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

A brief screening with the Talent Team followed by a phone call with the Director of Global Support. An in person interview with 4 members of the Support Team followed a basic skill assessment (written)

Interview Questions

• What my personal goals (non-career) were   1 Answer

Professional Services Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

From the first step the process was very pleasant and fast, everyone showed me they appreciate my skill set and experience. All along the way the HR keep me updated after every step which was great.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.