Stackla Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Stackla Interview Questions

Interviews at Stackla

Sales Enablement & Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stackla (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I met my current manager for coffee for our first interview. Very casual and conversational. He brought me back to the office to say hi to the team and finish our interview. The next day, I interviewed with the VP of People & Culture over the phone (she's based in Australia), and the day after I came into the office for in person interviews with the CEO, CFO, VP of Marketing, and VP of Sales. Two days later, I interviewed with the CPO over the phone (he's based in Oregon), and a few hours later I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions about my experience in sales enablement, training, and learning & development; the skills I had attained during the last decade; how I would apply my expertise to Stackla; ideas I had for upskilling AEs, SDRs, and CS. They were genuinely interested and let me share my heart out. They also shared a lot about Stackla, the challenges they were facing, what opportunities they saw, and about the culture. Most of them reinforced the fact that I was also interviewing them, and encouraged me to ask as many questions as possible.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stackla.

Interview

The interviewing process at Stackla was by far the best I've ever experienced.
    The people at this company are extremely relatable and super easy to talk to, making the interviewing process that much more enjoyable.
    I knew where I stood after each conversation and was always given thorough instruction on what to prepare for the next stage.

The first stage consisted of a brief 30-minute phone conversation with the Global Sales Development Manager. During this time we went over my previous work history and what initially brought me to Stackla.
    The second stage consisted of a video conference with the Global Sales Development Manager, as well as the top performing SDR. During this time, we went over my background and hobbies, a few things that motivate me, and what interests me most about sales.
    The last stage consisted of a mock pitch through a video conference with the Account Executive, Global Sales Development Manager, and the VP of Sales - this was by far my favorite part of the entire process. Not only did this allow me to get a better understanding of what I'd be doing on a day to day basis, but once my pitch was finished, they gave me great feedback on what they loved and how to make my pitch that much better. Stackla truly wants to push their employees to be the absolute best they can be, and you can seriously see that as you progress through this process.
    After the final stage, I was made an offer the following week.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stackla (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The hiring process with Stackla was quick, informative, and challenging.

Throughout the process I had the opportunity to connect with multiple people on the team in different roles to ask questions about the company.

The process was a series of video calls/interviews, in person 1:1's, and presentations.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your process on how you ran your last deal cycle?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stackla (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview process was really well done.

1) Initial phone call with VP of sales.
    - Discussed my career to date, role at Stackla and how I could fit in. VP was great and went over the industry/market, company trajectory and answered any questions I had along the way. Really good first impression for the company.

2) Call with Sr Sales Ops Director
    - This guys is wicked smart and really has his stuff together. It was great to talk with him and get a ton of detail around the sales process and how/why it works. Helped instill a lot of confidence knowing a guy this smart is ensuring that the process is ironed out.

3) Met with CEO + Enterprise team in NYC
    - CEO was in town so I had a chance to meet with him and the Enterprise team in person at their Brooklyn office. Was awesome to meet them all. All are A+ people and really knowledgable about their product, market and industry as a whole.
    - Did a mock pitch to the VP, CEO and Enterprise team which was enjoyable.
    - Received feedback on the pitch
    - In depth Q&A with the team + CEO. This is where the CEO showed pure class. He stayed over 45minutes long with me to ensure any and all questions I had were answered thoroughly and fully. This was a really strong show of faith considering the guy flew in from SF for only a few days so it was really telling for him to stay an hour over time with me to ensure I was squared away.

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. It was for a position in a satellite office in Austin, so mostly video conference interviews. I first met with HR and the CTO then met with the Head of Sales and the Head of CS.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stackla (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial discovery call, followed by an in-person chat, and then a case study. I was impressed from the beginning on how quick and transparent everyone on the team was about the process. They respect your time, where with most other companies you do not have this same feeling moving through the process.

Culture fit is extremely important to the company and are truly interested in the type of person you are.

Content Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stackla (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Quick turnaround with meeting the team which was massively appreciated. Phone interviews with HR and VP. Onsite interview with several members of the team with unexpected negotiation at the end of the last interview. Seemingly positive experience with amazing people. Then when it came time to move to next steps, there was no response. Completely understand that the company is going through growth and it is a busy time, though it would have been great to have a conclusion (ie. constructive feedback) to the lengthy and in-depth interviews. Hope this information helps others in the future.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle the content strategy/execution?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stackla (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straightforward, a call with HR in Australia, then a Case Study and Case Study review with HR in Australia again, a call with the company CEO, and a call with the US Head of Sales, and then an offer.

What struck me most about the interview wasn't in the questions that were asked of me, but diving into why I answered the way that I did. The company as a whole is extremely inquisitive and wanted to know reasoning more than they wanted to hear a specific answer.

The best interview process that I have had to date.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stackla (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Every company should take a page out of Stackla's book when it comes to the interview process. From the recruiter to their c-level executives, everyone was transparent, engaged, and provided instantaneous feedback at every stage. You will quickly know where you stand which I found absolutely refreshing. I had a series of phone interviews with their CEO, SE, and VP of HR. Every person I met exuded passion for the company which is a testament to how well they hire for culture fit. Also, due to where I was out with other companies / offers, they sped up the process to accommodate my timeline. If you are given the opportunity to interview Stackla, you would be a fool to pass up the opportunity!

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stackla (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Stackla was hands down the best hiring process I've ever experienced - utterly passionate professionals throughout its entirety.

I was scouted via LinkedIn by the hiring Manager who I proceeded to have a video interview with. After this, I had to complete what I believe was a very well thought out & positively challenging practical assessment, one that I feel accurately mapped the required functional skills of the role.

Having passed the practical assessment I underwent a panel interview, with the panel comprising one of the founders and two senior VPs in the Sales organisation. They were thorough in their approach but the tone of the conversation was very friendly and the entire panel was incredibly forthcoming in answering my questions about the product, business & role.

The final stage was an in person interview with the Senior Manager I would be working under in London - incredibly switched on bloke and very honest in his assessment of me and my candidacy for the role.

I became a staunch advocate for Stackla based off this process alone and was fully behind the product (which is great by the way), people & ethos; everyone I interacted with was intelligent, friendly and communicative - which Is why I was genuinely devastated I didn't get the job (they went for someone with more experience - my only gripe but one I understand!)

My advice to any potential candidates would be: if you get approached by Stackla, take it seriously - what a fantastic company!

Interview Questions

• The practical assessment requires an understanding of web technologies and infrastructure.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.