State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at State Farm

2,074 Interview Reviews

2.6

Agency Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Cleveland, OH (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The process was quite easy and they moved along very quickly within 2 weeks everything was done. 1. You send the application and other forms via their site online. 2. You receive an email telling you that you have been selected for a phone interview, and you choose the time for the interview within so many days you have to decide. 3. If selected you are then to move forward with an in-person interview at the territory's main office, there is normally 2 people interviewing you, your Team Lead for that area and the regional manager as well. Then you receive a call back a few days later once they are done interviewing all the candidates, telling you whether or not you received the job.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest accomplishment to this point?   1 Answer

Agency Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Mishawaka, IN (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

First a phone interview with HR out of California. Then a panel interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person & how you dealt with the situation.   3 Answers

Agency Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Culver City, CA (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

I got a call the same day I applied online for the position to come in and take a pre-interview skills test. Four days later I went in for a fairly easy skills test and personality test, I was told my results the same day and was told I would be contacted later for a phone interview.
    During the phone interview I was asked the typical "How do you motivate others" or "How do you deal with a team member who is pulling thier own weight."
    Once we passed the standard questions I was asked what my salary req were and I made them give me a range which turned out to be waay below what I am making. That bein said we ended the interview and I was told if I found something more senior on thier job site to contact the recreuiter.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   3 Answers

Agency Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Submit application and takes about 2 months to receive a response for an interview if selected. After you are selected for an interview you have a video conference with upper management along with other fellow specialist who ask you a series of questions pertaining to your experiences.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and what you did to overcome it   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Panel competency based

Interview Questions

• give specific clear answers/examples   1 Answer

Agency Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Milwaukee, WI (US)).

Interview

Process took over three months. First met with recruiter for one on one interview. Then had a one on one with the Agency Recruiting Specialist. Did a number of online analysis and tests. Next was promised a Candidate Structured interview with Recruiting specialist and two to three other specialists. This interview would check for key competencies or behaviors State Farm was looking for. Showed up for interview and had to wait extra 15 minutes while the Agency Recruiting Specialist tried to find at least one other person for the interview. Passed that phase although never received my Score. Recruiting Specialist kept promising to send it but never did.

Next phase was to prepare a business plan. Recruiting specialist gave me the names of 5 Agency owners to meet with and two sales leaders to help create plan. Three out of the five agency owners either never returned multiple calls or said they were to busy to met with me. On my own I contacted four other Agency owners. I felt during my presentation that they did not like that I interviewed owners they did not specify. Called both the sales leaders. One never returned any of my calls. The other was very helpful and gave some great suggestions. On the day of presenting my plan the Sales leader I met was not able to be there. The Sales Leader who never returned my calls was part of the interview and made a joke about the fact that he never returned my calls. He dismissed parts of my business plan that the other Sales Leader i had met told me to put in my plan. When I came back that the other leader had suggested he wanted to see this in my plan the response was well he isn't here and I am. This threw me off my game but I continued on. My plan contained all the items the Sales Leader I met with suggested I needed to have in it..

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were faced wit an unethical situation and how you handled it?   2 Answers

Agency Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State Farm in February 2013.

Interview

Make sure you have superior sales skills. You will need to be prepared to handle hypothetical questions. They will screen hundreds of applicants, if you already have your life/health and property/casualty licenses, you will be light years ahead of all other applicants and your chances of being selected will be extremely high. That means you will need less training!

1. What is the best sales experience you've ever had
    2. Tell about your best customer
    3. Tell about a time you went above and beyond for a sale

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult customer service experience you've had to deal with?   2 Answers

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in May 2017.

Interview

The interview itself went well. I even took off work on my birthday, a Wednesday, specifically to interview here.

What bothered me was that she promised to let me know by the following Monday.

I didn't hear back for more than a week, so I called for an update.

"I thought we mutually agreed this wouldn't be a good fit for you," she said.
    "No?" I replied. "We agreed you would let me know by the following Monday. Which was last week."
    "No, we mutually agreed, you especially, that you didn't want this position."
    "I didn't agree to that," I replied. "I didn't say that."
    "That's your opinion then," she said.

I thought it was unprofessional of her, as a representative of this fine company, to not have the maturity to tell me that they were not moving forward with me in a more adult manner.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Farm in November 2013.

Interview

Endless. You end up being subject to some mystic psychological test which tells you whether you are in or out. The training is intrusive and you are judged by all until you complete your year of probation. They are the kind of company that will stab you in the back with a huge smile on their face if you are not up to snuff.

Interview Questions

• Interviews and never ending interviews at every phase. If you don't tell them what they want to hear, you will be elbowed out.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Extensive and possibly one the most difficult interview processes you will ever go through.

Step 1: Create an RPX Portal Profile (the web based app utilized to transmit documents, apply for offices, take personality assessments, and upload business plans)

Step 2: Personality Assessment, this test is very typical but if you are not Type A or a natural leader, you may fail it and will be ineligible for another 2 years. You could still be type A or a natural leader and fail, there are a few questions I personally believe disqualify you due to not being fit for the job in any of the following areas: Credit, liquid savings, and your opinion of life insurance.

Step 3: (If you pass the first test) Run a simulator that is similar to an online role playing game. You will be put through some scenarios and asked how you would respond. If you pass you will be invited in for a preliminary interview.

Step 4: Research demographics and create a business plan based on an area that you are interested in opening an office at. You will work with a recruiter on the numbers, they will set the bar for you in setting extraordinary goals that many will not even come close to achieving, just so you can get your foot in the door. I don't know if they do this to help you, set you up for failure (just in case you want to sue later), or if the pressure for them to recruit is so high but the candidate pool is so low that it creates an environment that promotes unethical behavior.

Step 5: Panel interview and business proposal presentation. This is with your recruiter and their supervisor.

Step 6: If approved, you are now an approved candidate and will have 2 years to apply for an office opening listed on the RPX app.

Step 7: Check weekly to RPX when offices update, to seek a desirable location and find one that fits your goals. Either as a start from scratch agent or as an agent who inherits a book of business.

Step 8: Apply via RPX for the office area of choice

Step 9: Panel interview with the Vice President of the territory, your future sales leader, and an HR compliance person, oftentimes the recruiter.

Step 10: Conditional offer, complete background and drug screening. You will be expected to pee in a cup and it was described that I would have to do it in front of a person. This was not the case, I was escorted to a room where I had privacy. Otherwise we could have been there all day (stage fright lol)

Step 11: Job offer and acceptance

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your marketing plan, your activity, and your systems/processes that will be instituted.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.