State Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 10 Jun 2019
1,251 Interview Reviews

2.5

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Hiring process tended to be on the slow side. Sometimes you get a call to tell you to expect another call, that will lead to another. It took weeks to hear back about getting the interview scheduled, and then 3 more weeks after hire to start.

Interview Questions

Interview

phone interview followed with group interview

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Online application.

Interview Questions

• I am looking for a work horse who is determined. Tell me how can you achieve that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was as usual negotiation. They will try to low ball you but you have to keep on trying.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted a week later, went through a long 2 hour interview. Met with 4 people. Intense interview process, many questions about past experience. A little bit intimidating. Got an offer few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to better yourself. Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Quick interview fast offer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview with upper management for 1 day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, just take what they were offering and that's it

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

got an interview through career services at my college. was interviewed by an random employee that was reading off of a general interview print out. i could tell she doesn't typically conduct interviews. interviewer was friendly

Negotiation

i might have been able to negotiate but i was unaware. coming straight out of college i thought the salary was fair

Associate Interview

Interview

Interviews with three associates/managers

Interview Questions

The opportunities of the role and the WMS department seemed limited and redundant. Employees didn't seem happy.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus for a mock interview, she was great & very conversational. She told me I would be a great fit for the Kansas City office's new Accelerated Associates program. I was really excited about the opportunity because I heard it's a place that hires everyone. The next week I went in for an onsite interview- tower I was undergoing construction and II was just a huge cube farm. Met with two managers who I could tell didn't get along, and were not in any way involved with my program. Did not offer any information about the position, salary/benefits, etc. Read interview questions off of paper and transcribed every word I spoke. Unlike the HR rep they made me feel very awkward and uncomfortable. All behavioral questions, looking for very specific answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you missed a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Tells us about a time you had to think outside of the box to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to work with someone difficult and what did you do?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, second round and a final round with a presentation and a series of interviews. Interviewers were really nice and mainly stuck with behavioral questions. HR at State Street, however, was the worst I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.