Sydney Trains Interview Questions

Updated 3 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 18 interviews

Recruiter6%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sydney Trains

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains

Interview

Typical Government type interview process. Phone screen interview, and then invited for panel interview with 3 staff. Role explained and where it sits in the organisation, and then set questions were asked.

Interview Questions
  • How would your current management describe your communication skills and what is an area they would say you need to improve on.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in May 2020

Interview

Interview panel of three, two managers and one Talent acquisition specialist. I was asked to answer a question in 8 - 10 minutes maximum "How do you contribute to a positive environment and great teamwork in your current role? How can you bring this to the Team at Sydney Trains?" either by speech, booklet or PowerPoint then they asked a bunch of behavioural questions listed below.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? what did you do to solve the issue?
  • Explain how you handled a difficult situation with a colleague? how was the situation resolved?
  • What positive changes have you made in your previous role? and how have they impacted your team?
14 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in Mar 2020

Interview

It was a phone interview two people panel.. they asked you straight for questions but wanted detailed answers. Follow the STAR method for the interview by process and you should be fine. They were lovely

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains in Jan 2020

Interview

It was an average interview. Fair hiring process. Gave the interview, have been waiting for the reply back. Interview in January 2020. Was good. Onnjjkknnskjns nsjksns jsidbndks kskk jsjsk ksihdn ksien ksks ksdbd jfje d

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you would make a good candidate for this role?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in Jan 2020

Interview

Long process, information session, telephone interview and online testing and role play and formal interview really easy just do your best and it should be fine whatever happens learn from it and apply again next time

Interview Questions
  • What qualities do you have that makes you think you'll do well in this job?

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in Nov 2019

Interview

Applied online and answered some targeted questions. - 3 weeks later get a phone call inviting me for an interview Interview was a 3 person panel. They took turns to ask questions with a total of 6 questions asked. Quite a relaxed environment and everyone was nice and friendly. Questions asked were about how I’ve dealt with certain situations in the past, they asked for examples on each one. After the interview I completed supervised testing in a separate exam room. I was required to answer puzzle type questions that lasted about 45 mins. The questions are quite difficult and are timed, you are required to answer them as quick and accurately as possible. About a week after the interview received a phone call informing me that I’ve been selected to move onto the next step. I was then required to complete a reference check, provide documentation for a criminal history check and attend a medical centre for a drug test. After completing all these it took Sydney Trains 5 weeks to provide a formal offer. Wouldn’t be surprised if they are losing out on a lot of good people here as I would have accepted another offer in this time. Was quite difficult to negotiate salary. Even though they make you aware of the salary rage beforehand they will only offer the low end and will not budge. After accepting the offer I began employment with Sydney Trains after 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you've soon a high level of dedication
  • Tell us about a time you've had to make a difficult decision
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in Jul 2019

Interview

Contacted by phone and went through a filtering process with a series of short questions via a recruitment specialist first, followed by a 3 panel face to face interview at the office.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Burwood, New South Wales, New South Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Burwood, New South Wales, New South Wales) in Apr 2019

Interview

The interview was a panel interview comprising three people. The panel included includes one recruitment specialist who asked general questions, the hiring manager and a domain expert. As I was a already a contractor in the team, the interview was relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • Experience in complex, bespoke, systems preferably within government.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burwood, New South Wales, New South Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Burwood, New South Wales, New South Wales) in Nov 2018

Interview

Phone screening followed by assessment day, consisting of an information session followed by testing. After passing the test, I was asked to wait 3.5 hours for my interview slot. Three person panel interview, entirely consisting of behavioural questions, answers written on a sheet of paper with no conversation from the interviewers. Overall the process took six hours.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell us about a situation where a supervisor asked you to do something unsafe, or where you identified a safety hazard in the workplace?
  • Tell us about a situation where you had difficulties in communicating with another person.
  • Tell us about a situation where you had to work under pressure.
20 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in Oct 2018

Interview

Apply online, HR called for interview if shortlisted, attended panel interview of three members and received outcome in a couple of weeks after the interview. Be prepared for behaviour questions instead of capability

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews