Sydney Trains Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Sydney Trains

3.2

Customer Service Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in May 2020.

Interview

Interview panel of three, two managers and one Talent acquisition specialist. I was asked to answer a question in 8 - 10 minutes maximum
    "How do you contribute to a positive environment and great teamwork in your current role? How can you bring this to the Team at Sydney Trains?" either by speech, booklet or PowerPoint then they asked a bunch of behavioural questions listed below.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? what did you do to solve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you handled a difficult situation with a colleague? how was the situation resolved?   Answer Question
    • What positive changes have you made in your previous role? and how have they impacted your team?   Answer Question

Transport Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains in January 2020.

Interview

It was an average interview. Fair hiring process. Gave the interview, have been waiting for the reply back. Interview in January 2020. Was good. Onnjjkknnskjns nsjksns jsidbndks kskk jsjsk ksihdn ksien ksks ksdbd jfje d

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would make a good candidate for this role?   Answer Question

Transport Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in January 2020.

Interview

Long process, information session, telephone interview and online testing and role play and formal interview really easy just do your best and it should be fine whatever happens learn from it and apply again next time

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that makes you think you'll do well in this job?   1 Answer

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online and answered some targeted questions. - 3 weeks later get a phone call inviting me for an interview

Interview was a 3 person panel. They took turns to ask questions with a total of 6 questions asked. Quite a relaxed environment and everyone was nice and friendly. Questions asked were about how I’ve dealt with certain situations in the past, they asked for examples on each one.

After the interview I completed supervised testing in a separate exam room. I was required to answer puzzle type questions that lasted about 45 mins. The questions are quite difficult and are timed, you are required to answer them as quick and accurately as possible.

About a week after the interview received a phone call informing me that I’ve been selected to move onto the next step.

I was then required to complete a reference check, provide documentation for a criminal history check and attend a medical centre for a drug test.

After completing all these it took Sydney Trains 5 weeks to provide a formal offer. Wouldn’t be surprised if they are losing out on a lot of good people here as I would have accepted another offer in this time.

Was quite difficult to negotiate salary. Even though they make you aware of the salary rage beforehand they will only offer the low end and will not budge.

After accepting the offer I began employment with Sydney Trains after 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you've soon a high level of dedication   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you've had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Lead Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burwood, New South Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Burwood, New South Wales) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview comprising three people. The panel included includes one recruitment specialist who asked general questions, the hiring manager and a domain expert. As I was a already a contractor in the team, the interview was relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Experience in complex, bespoke, systems preferably within government.   1 Answer

Cleaning Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burwood, New South Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Burwood, New South Wales) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone screening followed by assessment day, consisting of an information session followed by testing. After passing the test, I was asked to wait 3.5 hours for my interview slot. Three person panel interview, entirely consisting of behavioural questions, answers written on a sheet of paper with no conversation from the interviewers. Overall the process took six hours.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a situation where a supervisor asked you to do something unsafe, or where you identified a safety hazard in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a situation where you had difficulties in communicating with another person.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a situation where you had to work under pressure.   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in October 2018.

Interview

Apply online, HR called for interview if shortlisted, attended panel interview of three members and received outcome in a couple of weeks after the interview. Be prepared for behaviour questions instead of capability

Trainee Train Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains.

Interview

I passed the first online test, failled at the assessment center. The test on site is really hard, you have limitation on time for every single question. Especially the math, every question with very long description and table.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach customer service in a proactive rather than reactive way   Answer Question

Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in May 2018.

Interview

Telephonic interview was happen within 2 weeks after application and then panel interview was conducted after another 2 weeks, after panel interview 2 weeks for final outcome by email notification, overall interview process was longer

Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in August 2017.

Interview

Five levels of selection. Overall a good experience. Online testing was easy. Information session and testing was at their office. Long process and takes time to get an update after each level.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.