Sydney Trains Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Sydney Trains

3.7

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in November 2016.

Interview

3 person interview panel which lasted for almost an hour. Typical government interview where they have stock questions and complete a spreadsheet marking each candidate out of 10 for 8 questions. They all took turns asking questions. Followed up a few days later but neglected to identify they had no flexible working arrangements or that they had a time clock requiring you to log in and out every day like the 1960's. They also neglected to advise contractors must complete 42.5 hours each week although only being paid for 40 hours. They also agreed to a daily rate of $950 per day and then reduced it to $800 per day the day before I started.

Interview Questions

• how have you managed change in the past
      detail your comms experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations as procurement at the third-party agency negotiates and often does not stick to there word or is inflexible

Engineer Interview

Interview

People are nice to talk to. Panel interview. Three panel members will take turns to ask you questions . It may take a long time for them to respond about the application or interview results .

Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in May 2018.

Interview

Telephonic interview was happen within 2 weeks after application and then panel interview was conducted after another 2 weeks, after panel interview 2 weeks for final outcome by email notification, overall interview process was longer

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in October 2018.

Interview

Apply online, HR called for interview if shortlisted, attended panel interview of three members and received outcome in a couple of weeks after the interview. Be prepared for behaviour questions instead of capability

Customer Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burwood, New South Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Burwood, New South Wales).

Interview

First step online application. They replied after one month that I have been selected for next step.
    Next was online tests which included reading test, verbal reasoning test, maths test. Then there was information session at Burford. Answer also took those tests again to verify. Then there was group activity and roleven play. I passedon't that stage and then finally multi mini interview.

Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in August 2017.

Interview

Five levels of selection. Overall a good experience. Online testing was easy. Information session and testing was at their office. Long process and takes time to get an update after each level.

Cleaning Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burwood, New South Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Burwood, New South Wales) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone screening followed by assessment day, consisting of an information session followed by testing. After passing the test, I was asked to wait 3.5 hours for my interview slot. Three person panel interview, entirely consisting of behavioural questions, answers written on a sheet of paper with no conversation from the interviewers. Overall the process took six hours.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a situation where a supervisor asked you to do something unsafe, or where you identified a safety hazard in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a situation where you had difficulties in communicating with another person.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a situation where you had to work under pressure.   Answer Question

Trainee Train Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, if you are successful the you attend Literacy and Numeracy testing. Then if successful you proceed to Activity Centre (Role Play) what would you do if.... .Should you pass this then finally Medical exam. You will also be required to provide 2 work related references.

Trainee Train Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Trains.

Interview

I passed the first online test, failled at the assessment center. The test on site is really hard, you have limitation on time for every single question. Especially the math, every question with very long description and table.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach customer service in a proactive rather than reactive way   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sydney Trains (Sydney) in July 2016.

Interview

Panel interview. Needed to prepare a presentation and two page strategy. Interview wasn't very long. Standardised questions meant less time to talk about yourself. Mix of people on the panel.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a strategy on IR change   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated 3 days part time even though role was FT

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.