The CBORD Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

The CBORD Group Interview Questions

Interviews at The CBORD Group

2.7

Intern Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The CBORD Group.

Interview

Three part interview - first part, phone call with HR representative, 15-20 minutes. Second part, video interview with direct supervisors, 30-45 minutes. Third part, video interview with VP, 15-20 minutes. Intern program is designed for students with little experience, they're mostly seeking out your motivation and time management abilities. Everyone was very kind!

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The CBORD Group in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was great and easy ! The Talent Acquisition Manager was awesome through out the process. He keep me updated with emails and calls during the interviewing process. I did an Video interview with the QA team on "one-way video" Where I answer several related QA questions.

Interview Questions

• About my years of experince in QA, and talk about the types of testing I've been part of over the years.   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY (US)).

Interview

Two phone interviews- 1 w/ HR, 1 w/ team members. One in person interview that was an intense, all day affair. Took months to schedule, I had to follow up with them multiple times to make sure they had no forgotten about me. Sat with multiple groups and team members during the formal interview (`10 people all together), had to give a presentation and submit a writing sample. Plenty of opportunity to ask questions of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral but lots of questions about my ability to manage "road warrior" position.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

referred by HR person, interviewed with some staff and hiring manager, a total of 3 times.

I was well qualified for both positions I interviewed for but was offered none of the positions.

I really have no clue what sort of individuals or combination of skills and experience they are looking for at this point and I suspect neither do they.

Interview Questions

• A few technical questions and several "softball" type questions   Answer Question

Software Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY (US)).

Interview

Walked in; talked briefly with the receptionist; talked briefly with the secretary of the vice president of the division; talked briefly with the lead programmer; was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Can you debug QuickBASIC v3.5 code? (This was 1991. The application was 750,000+ lines of 64k modules of QB.)   1 Answer

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY (US)).

Interview

I was first contacted about two weeks after applying. Brief phone interview with HR describing the position details and scheduling an in person interview. Came in for an interview the next day, was interviewed by 6 managers at once. Interview lasted about 15 minutes. Was contacted a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about our products? Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • A client calls and says they're having trouble connect to their database. What do you do?   1 Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

I got this interview via career services of my school. interview consisted of a phone screening with HR who basically talked about my GPA and course work and then an onsite interview with manager 1:1
    where he mainly talked about projects we are working on. Hr was nice and prompt to reply for any questions,

Interview Questions

• talk about the project you worked on.
      Software methodology
      Testing techinques   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotition. tried didnt work

Implementation Associated Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter which quickly led to another interview with an HR manager. After the HR interview a face to face interview was set up at the corporate office with a team of various employees. The interview lasted 4 hours and concluded with me doing a presentation for all the staff who I interviewed with.
    I feel the role I was interviewing for was very important but when the offer was made it was quite low per industry standards and from another company

Interview Questions

• tell me about how you have helped a client reach their goals using software.
      tell me how you have handled an upset client and was the client eventually happy
      have you ever had to deal with a coworker dispute and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was back and forth between HR and the recruiter and myself because the benefits and pay were not at the minimum level I expected

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

I was referred for the position by a professor of HR. I was contacted after the HR director received the referral to set up an interview the following day. The interview took place the following week and I received notification that the position went to someone else a week after that. It was a straight forward interview. I was asked to elaborate my experiences detailed on my resume. It was my first real, interview experience with a hiring manager and I may have been nervous. I am not sure what she was looking for but maybe the other candidate simply had more to offer. But nevertheless, the interview questions were simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What would your professors or past managers say about you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY (US)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The CBORD Group (Ithaca, NY (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

That was not bad. No prospects of advancement. 2 interviews and job offer quickly.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.