The Very Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 33 of over 33 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Very Group (London, England, England)

Interview

It was three stages. First stage was the acquisition team, it's just to get to know you. Second stage is with the hiring manager, the aim is to know whether you're a fit to the company's culture. The final stage, with the hiring manager again and a senior Software engineer, was about the technical aspect of the job. The process was smooth and quick. The guys from the acquisition team will accompany you in every step which was really good

Interview Questions
  • Why Very? Tell me about yourself? and all the technical questions
    1 Answer

The Very Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Very Group

Interview

Straight forward interview process, I had 2 interviews. First was an informal chat over MS Teams where I could ask more questions about the role and second stage was again over Teams and was competency based questions and a presentation.

Interview Questions
  • Examples of working in a difficult situation / conflict in workplace
  • Examples of improving process and what the outcome was
  • Examples of when you've had to drop something to focus on other priorities and how to manage that

The Very Group

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Very Group in Mar 2021

Interview

The process was 3 stages and included no more than 2 people on a panel so it wasn't daunting. It was clear each person was probing in to specific areas to learn more about my skills and experience, but the process felt very relaxed, conversational and that the panel were keen to learn about ME as well as my experience. I was also able to feel comfortable enough to talk about areas I felt I lacked experience in and would be keen to develop.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to give an example of when I'd developed a member of my team.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Very Group (Manchester, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Initial - more informal - call with recruitment, opportunity to learn more about the role and then you. Discuss benefits and salary expectations. 2nd stage interview with hiring manager - meet the people, understand their expectations and requirements and opportunity to sell yourself and ask any detailed questions. 3rd stage - review with senior manager, offer.

Interview Questions
  • Best and worst achievements, knowledge of the role, exemplary activities, some technical, knowledge of company values.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Very Group (London, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

Had a virtual interview using MS Teams. It started off well, did a mock call which was fine and a great idea to ensure you have customer service experience. Just be aware of the interview questioning as they ask competence based questions, therefore you will need to brush up on your S.T.A.R ( Situation, Task, Action, Result) technique. I understand that this can take people off guard when not knowing they will use this method. The problem with competency based questioning in my option is that it is floured. There's plenty of material online which you can find to prep you for this, even provide you with ways of how to answer competency based questions. All you'd need to do is to make notes of your answers.

The Very Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Very Group

Interview

Ask you to do Webchat scenario and then asked to do a phone interview and followed by scenario role play which they give you a letter of a customers complaint.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Very Group (Liverpool, England, England) in Aug 2020

Interview

First interview was fairly informal, answering questions about myself and what my future goals are. Followed by a data analytics test on excel (20 minutes) and another test for analysing data (15 minutes). After submitting the two tests I was asked for another informal interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Very Group (Liverpool, England, England) in Aug 2020

Interview

Two stage process and interviewees were very interested in what I had to say, it was a great two way conversation to determine not only if I was right for the company, but if the company was right for me

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Very Group (Liverpool, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

The process was initiated over the phone with the internal recruiter. This then progressed to CV sharing and a fit for role profiling by the business. An initial panel interview with 2 category leads and HR was the first stage. This was then followed by a further interview with other procurement team members and Head of.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at The Very Group (London, England, England) in Sep 2019

Interview

1) telephone Interview (that got canceled) 2) Face to Face Interview Never got a response from the employer, constantly had to chase with no hope from telephone interview to physical interview process.

Interview Questions
  • How do you see yourself making a positive impact on the role.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Interviews