The Very Group Reviews

Updated 22 Jul 2020

4.1
The Very Group Group Chief Executive Henry Birch (no image)
Henry Birch
Cons
  1. "Amazing work culture"

I worked at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great people Amazing office with gym and health bar Innovative company Keeps staff informed on overall business performance regularly Leading the way online across all digital platforms

Cons

Can lack some ambition amongst teams as people have been there so long there is resistance to change.

February 5, 2018Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review and we're so glad that you think the people here are great! We really appreciate the positive feedback.

2. "Good"

Current Employee - Warehouse Operative in Oldham, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Chilled environment, Not much pressure from management. Can earn bonus.

Cons

Not always guaranteed full 40 hour week, Can get boring doing the same job.

August 4, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave us a 4* review. Pleased to hear you enjoyed your working environment, and whilst we encourage an environment that everyone feels comfortable and happy in, we love it even more, when our people are challenged and motivated to make things the best they can be for our customers! We'd encourage anyone feeling unchallenged to speak with their line manager to see what new skills and opportunities there may be to step up and own it.

3. "The Very Group"

Former Employee - Team Manager in Little Hulton, England

I worked at The Very Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good team working together. busy fast pace warehouse.

Cons

can be cold in the warehouse

July 24, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Glad to see that you've rated your experience a positive one, overall. We wish you the very best of luck in your next role and are sending another huge thank you for your time as part of the Shop Direct/The Very Group team.

4. "Good"

I have been working at The Very Group part-time

Pros

Good pay, get to work with friends

Cons

Long hours, can be stressful

June 11, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Hey, thanks for leaving a review, it's great to hear your appreciate the rewards package at Very, and that you consider your teammates your friends too #verytogether When it comes to long hours, and managing workload we'd encourage you to share these feelings with your line manager to help you manage priorities better. We know there's been a lot of change these last few months so it's important we all keep connected, keep talking to one and another to see how we can all help out. Thanks again and take care.

5. "The Very Group"

Current Employee - Section Manager in Shaw, North West England, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great place to work, employees are well looked after.

Cons

Absolutely Fab, no complaints at all!

June 11, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to hear such positive experiences of working here at Very, hope you are keeping safe and well.

6. "Great, supportive company"

Current Employee - Training Manager in Oldham, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great development opportunities, fantastic culture and the people are lovely.

Cons

I can’t think of anything specific.

May 15, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review, it means a lot. It's great to hear you love the culture and people, it's so important during this strange time to be surrounding by good people. Have a great weekend!

7. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Derby, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere to work, great people, fantastic facilities, valuable values, new generation

Cons

At this moment i have no concerns

May 15, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for the positive review, and feeding back that you're enjoying the culture, people, facilities and more in our new site Skygate! Our values are so important to us and at times like these its more important than ever that we are led and guided by them to support our colleagues when they need us most. Good to hear no concerns currently, our ears are always open to hearing about suggested improvements so we that we can build a great place to work for our people so please keep us posted as you spend more time at the new site. Have a great weekend!

8. "Mostly enjoyable. Sadly tainted by one particular bully."

1.0
    Former Employee - Agile Business Analyst
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Very Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I enjoyed 7 of my 10 years there

Cons

I had a boss who I can only really describe as a sexist bully. My mother had two strokes and was in Intensive Care for over 3 months, during which time my manager described me as “distracted” and questioned whether I was in the right job. I won’t, and don’t, forgive her for it and I definitely don’t apologise for this review either. Unfortunately, as the HR team will back up, I had some fairly sizeable mental health issues at the time, which she was well aware of, but sadly, didn’t really care, nor did HR if I’m being honest. Never mind, I’m bigger and better now 😊

The Very Group Response

June 17, 2020Director of Reward, Employee Relations, People Services & Inclusion

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of working at The Very Group. When I read your review I felt on one hand really glad to hear you enjoyed the majority of your time working here – 10 years is a long time - but equally I was so sorry to hear that your last few years did not live up to the high expectations we hold for all of our colleagues. That’s not what we want for our people at all, and its not something we condone, and we will take your feedback forward. We’re fully committed to building an environment where all colleagues feel safe, valued and respected and take reports of any form of sexism and victimisation seriously. It would help us further if you would be willing to share any more information – if so please reach out to me, or get in touch through glassdoor@theverygroup.com.

9. "Excellent culture and environment. Plenty of opportunity to progress career in a number of directions."

Current Employee - Programmer Manager in Speke, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Excellent culture and environment for the most part, with a good set of people at the helm that care. Plenty of opportunity to progress career in a number of directions. Top-notch facilities. Good flexibility offered allowing for a decent work/life balance.

Cons

Ageing core systems and IT infrastructure can limit and restrict ability to implement change/improvements at pace. Very Speke-centric despite operating over multiple sites.

April 23, 2020Head of Culture

Hi, I just wanted to say I really loved reading the pros you've called out on here - its great to see the stuff we've been investing in is showing up in your experience. We will take all your comments on board and really appreciate you taking the time to write this review, take care :)

10. "Not the best of places to work at"

1.0
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Shaw, North West England, England

I have been working at The Very Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

There isn’t very much pro’a other than the paid breaks

Cons

Management give silly targets and go crazy if they are not met especially section managers

April 14, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share this feedback, albeit I'm sorry to hear some of the things you're experiencing. I'd encourage you to share more about your experience with us so that we can look into this matter further, please get in contact with us at glassdoor@theverygroup.com.

Found 174 reviews