TranscribeMe Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

TranscribeMe Interview Questions

Interviews at TranscribeMe

3.3

Transcriber Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TranscribeMe in February 2020.

Interview

Multiple-choice questions, true/false questions, and audio sections. All questions had to be answered with 100% accuracy, and the audio sections all had different required percentages. My experience was great! Of course, I love English, grammar, and typing, and that's important if you're going to pass this exam or enjoy the work.

Interview Questions

• Transcribe four-minute audio segments.   1 Answer

Transcriber Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TranscribeMe.

Interview

Absurd entrance exam. Even after four attempts at the same audio bits I was unable to 'pass' with a 95% on a few of them. And I have a BA. This company seems to expect too much.

Interview Questions

• Transcribe four-minute audio segments.   2 Answers

Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Interview

No interview.

Took exam the first time. Got 94% or higher on the audio. Still failed. Took it the second time, got 96% or higher on the audio. Still failed. Watched YouTube and the lady got 93% and under and she passed. So wtf? It’s rigged. Guess it’s not for me except it wasted two of my nights. :(

QuickStep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TranscribeMe (New York, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

A lot to read before attempting the exam, which did fine with. Attempting the exam was another step, 1st audio was 6 mins and it took me a while to get through, but I felt good about it. I referenced the guide as much as needed and did the necessary research with names and etc. Passed the T/F easily. Then they ask you to transcribe TWO MORE 6 min audios! Look, it would be fine if this is what it is to get into this sector, but upon reviewing my scores (which ended in failure starting with 72%/80%/95%) I was shocked to see that I couldn't see what I messed up on. There's WAY too much specific info within the handbook to have to go back and forth and see what exactly you formatted wrong. This would be even better if it gave you feedback so you could do better on the next retry. But as I wasted about 2.5 hrs of my time, I'll likely not try this again.

Transcriptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TranscribeMe in June 2018.

Interview

Applied for a remote transcriptionist position. The "interview" process is all done online by taking four multiple choice tests on grammar and punctuation, etc., and then transcribing three audio clips.

I am a transcriptionist with over 20 years of experience, and was the manager of an entire medical transcription department for a large group of radiology imaging centers for six years. I also have past career experience as a technical writer.

Interview Questions

• The transcription testing part of the exam was ridiculous. It took me four hours to transcribe the three audio clips -- you can't use your foot pedal during these tests-- and it was also difficult following all of TranscribeMe's many style guidelines, while also trying to figure out how to properly transcribe people talking at the same time. I could hear what each person was saying, despite people talking at the same time. But how does TranscribeME want you to transcribe these types of conversations? Obviously, I didn't get it right -- I only scored about 81% on each of the three exams--and failed. How ridiculous. I am very intelligent and extremely detail-oriented, and went over my work several times for accuracy before submitting. These conversations were nowhere near as technical and complicated as medical transcription--they were easy exchanges. I think TranscribeMe is a WASTE OF TIME.   1 Answer

Transcriber Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TranscribeMe (Bridgeport, CT (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

No interview. 2 Exams and a manual. Once Exams are complete and you are approved, all your audios then transform into a mixture of English and foreign along with often poor audio quality. And you are constantly told that your work isn't 'quite' up to par. So you try harder. But for 26 hours of your 200% time and effort, you will only make around $2 per hour. They play on people's sense of self-worth. They know that even if people leave, there are still enough suckers out there to keep trying to please them and actually get a pat on the back - no matter the TREMENDOUS sacrifice of time put in to do the work to their specifications. It is the classic bait-and-switch as far as work offers go. And the fact that they continue to pay people less than minimum wage only speaks to their impunity and scorn for their employees.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions. Just two Eams and then you start. During your work process, you are required to join their chat room. Also, the manual that they provide does not accurately reflect their work procedures. I followed the directions only to be emailed by the Help Desk telling me those weren't the directions.   Answer Question

Transcriber Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TranscribeMe in September 2017.

Interview

There's no interview, BUT the screening and on-boarding process is a breeze if you've got the basic skills. You can tell right away that they want you to succeed and will support you every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• 10 multiple choice grammar questions, where you must choose the correct sentence, eliminating three others with errors.   1 Answer

Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TranscribeMe (Sacramento, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Super unfair-got ALL the transcription process correct but for some reason, the questions were wrong. I think they were trick questions. When I had to take it again, the questions were out of order so I thought I had to change my answers to the questions that it was taking me to. I was WRONG. It makes you re-do the whole exam again so don't change your answer unless you KNOW it was incorrect.

Transcriptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TranscribeMe.

Interview

No interview, just an online exam. Despite correctly answering 9 questions out of 10, and scoring above 90% on two audio transcriptions, I failed because I scored 85% on one transcription. Subsequent attempts did not produce better results. Nowhere does it state that 100% or even 90% accuracy is required. No feedback is given. I feel their online test is unfair and a waste of time. I don't recommend trying this company.

Transcriber Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TranscribeMe.

Interview

First review the guidelines thoroughly in the pdf they provide. The "interview" was entirely online and included answering 10 questions, then transcribing 3 audio clips each around a minute and a half long. Each audio clip has a certain score that you must achieve to pass.

Interview Questions

• Grammar questions and questions specific to scenarios outlined in the guidelines.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.