Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Travelers Interview Questions

Updated 19 Jul 2017

3.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Probably one of the most intense interview processes I've gone through, but it was worth it.

First, I was contacted by a recruiter. We briefly discussed the position and my experience.

Next, I was scheduled to take a 3 hour long assessment. I was applying for a position in a different state, so they were kind enough to let me take the assessment at a local Travelers office. The assessment included a typing test, writing a letter, math problems, personality questions. It wasn't that difficult and I was able to finish every section within the allotted time. I got an email the next day letting me know I had passed.

After that, an interview was scheduled with 2 managers in the claims department. Once again since I was in a different state than the position I applied for, they let me do a video interview at the local Travelers office. The questions were formatted in the STARS method. They asked about my experience and had a lot of situational questions. It was pretty intense and I couldn't really read their reactions to gage how I was doing...

After the video interview I sat with one of the employees in the claims department and shadowed him for about 30 mins. Be sure to ask a lot of questions!

A few days later I got another email to schedule a 2nd interview with an HR manager. We ended up doing a phone interview, and they asked similar situational questions and had me discuss my experience.

The following week I was offered the position, and had to do the drug test and background check. The whole process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to give some difficult news to a customer   Answer Question

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

So I went in for the testing that was 3 1/2 hours and I thought I passed because I received a call for the interview and to come back in an hour. I come back for the interview and thought I did well. The interview was an hour an a half. After an interview you get to sit with an employee and ask questions and see what the job is like. That was for 15 mins. Then after that I was told I should receive a email or call in a week and half to see if you get a interview with the director who makes the final decision. They have to pass your scores and interview to the Human Resources and they decide if it goes to the director. Which made no sense. Needless to say I got no email stating I got the job nor that I didn't get the job. Nothing. Whole day and no response. The process is very discouraging because if the hr picked you for the test- you pass the test - you believe you did good for the interview to last that long and then paperwork back to hr and then nothing, Sorry for long post.

Interview Questions

• Name something on your job you was required to do but regret and could change?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Interview

Over the phone was almost like a face to face. Very detailed and long. Then they make you come in for THREE hours to take a test thats archaic and on paper. There are about 5-6 parts of the test that are timed. If you pass all parts then you are granted a face to face interview. They grade the sections as you go and don't tell you that you've failed a section until you take all of the tests. It was a waste of 3 hours of my life. I apparently didn't do well on one of the sections therefore I wasn't good enough to meet the hiring managers. Even though I have over 7 years of experience. I honestly think its a BS system to weed people out, especially ones with special needs. Its a prejudice and discriminatory test.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Met with four claims team managers for a panel interview. Nice people. Friendly vibe. Explained my past positions, and was asked to explain some stuff I handled at my previous work. Was also asked a series of situations, and my potential response to the situations.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you encountered/solved a problem at work   Answer Question

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call then we set up a phone interview - next step is the assessment test which will take 3-3.5 hours then a interview in person

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in July 2017.

Interview

7 minutes into the phone call with the recruiter let me know this was not a company I wanted to work for. The representative was rude and very short in the conversation. Once I said I wasn't interested, I was hung up on very abruptly.

Interview Questions

• What is the salary in your current position? What are you looking for (income)   2 Answers

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted 15 min. You will be invited to take 3-4 hr assessment test. The test is pretty simple. The typing portion you do get to practice before you take the actual test and it's just data entry. You get more than enough time to take the 5 part test. You will know the next day if you passed or not. If you passed you are invited to an interview with two unit managers. They will let you know within a week or so if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time....(behavioral question/ STAR METHOD). Why you picked Travelers( just go on their website and look at why join Travelers to answer that question. Tell me about yourself; standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I was a lengthily Interview Process. I met with several field and home office Sr. Management. It was a combination of Phone and In-Person Interviews.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (Buffalo, NY (US)).

Interview

There was a phone interview with a recruiter that took me through the entire process. There was a 4 hour test and several interviews. The recruiter made my offer and now I will be starting in July

Consultant Interview

Interview

phone interview, then interview process begins, everything went smooth and i was offered a position after the process was completed, every one was very nice and talkative. Now i love it here

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.