Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Travelers Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jan 2018

3.1

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

It was all phone interviews. The first one lasted an hour with two people. Then the next one was with three people for about 30 minutes each. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and kind.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of scenario and behavioral questions. In the beginning, they asked basic resume questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN (US)).

Interview

I applied online and received a screening phone interview going over basic resume and behavioral questions. A few weeks later I was invited to an onsite. The whole interview experience was very laid back, there was no technical questions at all, only a very basic design question, the rest of mostly more behavioral stuff. They are looking for a culture fit, why travelers, and interest in their rotational program. I also got to have lunch with of the employees who went through the program. Since said person didnt have a say in the decision, it was very laid back and casual and I could ask some more in depth questions. The only reason I cant give a fully positive feedback is because I was told before I took a day off work and school and traveled to the internship that I would be reimbursed. Even though I filled out all the correct papers, etc, I was never contacted back. This was months ago. So be warned that if you are expecting reimbursement, you most likely wont hear anything back from them.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an electronic parking system in a city?   1 Answer
    • If you were stranded on an island with only a laptop, how would you use it to help you survive?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Lone Tree, CO (US)).

Interview

Telephone interview with a recruiter. She asked about background, why I was looking to leave my company. She then went into several situation questions I.e. “tell me about a time that you had to be analytical.” My answers must have been incorrect because she called the next day and said the hiring manager already had someone picked out. Curious that they still have the job posted then.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deliver negative information.   Answer Question

Business Process Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

I submitted application online. Recruiter contacted me via email. We scheduled first interview. The First phone screening interview was with Human Resource recruiter. After about a week , the Second phone interview was with the Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you Green or Black Belt Certified? There was a little emphasis that it is an important decision factor.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus interview followed by 4-Interview Super day at company headquarters in Connecticut. Mix of behavioral and technical questions. Free lunch and transportation expenses. The company building is a little hard to find. Interviewers were just okay.

UPDP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The process was very quick and easy. I applied as an internal hire. I received a call from a recruiter the same day but was not able to take the call. We scheduled a phone screen for two days later. The phone screen lasted for about 25 minutes. A few days letter I was asked to interview with the hiring manager and his boss. The interviews were scheduled for the following week, and were back to back 30 minute interviews. Having interviewed with the company for various positions several times, I thought this was rather odd, but was told they wanted to fill the position ASAP. Both managers were very polite and encouraging, but it felt like they were rushing the interview. I did not receive an offer, nor did I expect one. I expect they already had a candidate in mind and were just following HR rules. They ended up hiring someone with considerably more experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your personal composition of analytical and personal skills?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Knoxville, TN (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter for about 30 minutes. Asked questions regarding why I applied with Travelers, specific questions about my job background, pay requirements, and discussed the job responsibilities. Recruiter was overly assertive and was quick to end the call.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Travelers? Do you speak Spanish? Give an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The online application is just like any other organization's application. After the submission, you'll get an email letting you know that you need to take an assessment in order to move forward in the process. I received the assessment email immediately after I submitted the application.
    The assessment consists of personality-identifying questions and a portion of it consists of logic-based questions. The logic-based questions were challenging, but not terribly difficult.
    About a month later, I received an email from a representative asking to set up an appropriate time for a phone interview. The lady who interviewed was nice and professional. The questions were primarily behavioral; they are essentially trying to figure out what type of worker you are based on what you've done in similar situations. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and at the end I was told I was moving forward in the process. The interview was setup for that coming Saturday (I believe my phone interview was on Tuesday) and she went over what I should expect: I would interview with two unit managers, then sit with a current employee for 30 minutes to get a feel for the job (peer review), then interview with a director and an HR representative.
    The interview went exactly as the phone interviewer described. The first interview lasted about 1 hour and consisted primarily of behavioral-type questions. I was informed I was moving forward and I sat with a claims representative who gave me a quick run through of what the job was and what to expect. She then led me to the final interview with the Claims Director and the HR rep. This interview was much shorter, maybe about 20 minutes, and consisted of situational-type questions. I was told what the hours for the position would be, and what my desired salary was.
    That following Tuesday, I was contacted by an HR rep letting me know that I was being offered the position!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to make a difficult decision with little to no supervisor support. What did you do? How did you come to that solution?   1 Answer

Auto Damage Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Very thorough but pleasant overall. They allowed me to do the entire interview process remotely. I have no complaints regarding the process, I am thankful for the opportunity. STAR METHOD QUESTIONS.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deliver less than desirable news to a customer.   Answer Question

Underwriter UPDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Melville, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly easy, interview with four team people over the course of two days. Normally, all interviews take place on the same day...about 45min - 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

• Why Travelers? Why underwriting? Concerns dealing with customer and problem-solving.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.