US Air Force Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

US Air Force Interview Questions

Updated 3 Oct 2018

2.2

Air Force Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Air Force (Akron, OH (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

1. How long do I have to enlist for? What's the minimum commitment?

Generally the minimum is two years, but the amount of benefits you receive directly relates to your commitment.

2. Am I eligible for any special enlistment programs or bonuses?

Make sure you tell the recruiter if you have ROTC, college or even Junior ROTC experience. Some services have programs that will allow you to enter at a higher pay grade than peers with no experience.

3. What do I have to score on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test to qualify?

The minimum score varies annually based on need and candidate availability. Some specialties also require a particular score. Your recruiter should have the latest information on qualifying scores. Make sure you know what you need to score to qualify for the job you want.
    See Ace the ASVAB

4. What are the major differences in pay, benefits and job opportunities between services?

While base pay and veteran benefits are the same across services; travel opportunities, job availability and promotion rates vary greatly. If you are considering more than one branch of the military, ask the recruiters the same questions and compare the answers.

Interview Questions

• 5. Do you have films or literature about military life and particular jobs?

Most recruiters have videos and literature about their branch and particular jobs. In most cases you can either check the videos out or watch them at the recruiting station. Remember these are promotional materials.

6. How long is basic training? Where is it? What is it like?
      Air Force basic training is a little over 6 weeks at Lackland AFB, Texas.
      Army boot camp is 9 weeks and occurs at a variety of places based on your specialties.
      Coast Guard recruit training is 8 weeks at the Coast Guard Training Center, Cape May, N.J.
      Marine recruit training is 13 weeks at Marine Corp Training Depots at Parris Island, S.C. and San Diego, Calif.
      Navy basic training is 8 weeks at Great Lakes Naval Training Center, Il.

7. What physical fitness requirements must I meet to enter the military and succeed in basic training?

Physical standards vary from service to service. Have your recruiter spell it out for you.

8. What jobs are available?

Ask your recruiter about openings in these and related fields. Then, use the delayed entry program to get the training you want. Training programs are related to the job specialty that you are assigned to. You should ask your recruiter about the entire career path in that chosen field. Most military specialties have follow-on training as you gain expertise and rise in rank.

9. What are the possibilities for remote or overseas duty stations?

All services have overseas opportunities. Overseas service is often considered a "square to fill" for advancement. Ask your recruiter.

10. What are the training and advancement opportunities for jobs that I'm eligible for?

Military promotions are based on performance, time in grade and job knowledge. While the system is objective, certain specialties seem to fare better in promotion rates. Ask your recruiter how the promotion rates are in your chosen field and compare them to several other fields you may choose from.
      attend training.   Answer Question

Air Force Interview

Interview

Talk to a recruiter, just be sure to research before you go. Recruiters won't lie to you, but might leave out facts. Be sure to research what job AFSC prior to going.

Air Force Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

A short interview with a random captain. She didn't really know what was going on. More of a farcical formality than anything. She just talked to me really. No meaningful questions.

Air Force Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Milwaukee, WI (US)).

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter then met with an active duty officer. The recruiter of course was trying to get me to sign up, as his job is getting more people in. The officer however actually had some more interview type questions. He had to submit a final recommendation on my application package. I submitted the paperwork out of high school for a scholarship, and was awarded the opportunity. Otherwise there was no formal interview process for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Air Force Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Charlottesville, IN (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

4 years of ROTC and successful completion of a summer camp between sophomore and junior years. Following successful completion of the college classes through 4 years of school, I received a commission and was appointed a second lieutenant in the United States Air Force. It was a great opportunity, following 4 years of hard work, and it has been the best job ever since.

Interview Questions

• If we put you in charge of 15 Airmen, how would you lead them to get the mission done?   1 Answer

Air Force Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Varies between Air Force Academy, AFROTC and OTS.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to die for your country?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Air Force Officer Interview

Interview

There was no formal interview process.

Air Force Officer Interview

Interview

You need a four year college degree. Commissioning source either college ROTC, service academy, or OTS. Scholarships available, but flux every year on what they're looking for. There's never a safe career field. Once you're hired, you will have to compete to keep your job every year.

Air Force Officer Interview

Interview

BA required along with required training. Training and screening process is very intensive depending on the position that you are interviewing for. There are dozens of different positions ranging from military aviation to support.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to serve when there exist the potential to go to war/harm's way   Answer Question

Air Force Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eglin AFB, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Eglin AFB, FL (US)).

Interview

This is based on 'Whole Person Concept' and attitude, it does not "do it justice" to explain here. To become an Officer, there are 3 typical ways: Graduate the U.S. Air Force Academy, attend Air Force R.O.T.C. and graduate College, or be selected and complete Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL. Your career field selection is weighed with your performance in the lengthy application process.

Interview Questions

• "Whole Person Concept" based, some of the (if not the) most scrutinized job selection aspects in the Country.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is the U.S. Military, doesn't exactly translate to how a typical civilian job would offer a career option.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.