University of Minnesota Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 25 May 2017

2.4

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

In-person, group interview. I was provided with a couple of technical questions that lacked context. The team seemed incredibly paranoid about discussing their environment. I don't know anyone that would take a job without knowing what the environment is like beforehand. Eventually I was able to figure out the job was just looking at logs all day, rather than developing and testing security solutions as claimed by the job description.

Almost all of their questions were stereotypical of an interview: "How do you work with others?", "How do you deal with conflict?", "Give me an example of a time when you X or Y." It reminded me of the interviews I would have back in high-school when working as a cashier, retail associate, etc.

Interview Questions

• <given a sheet of paper with some context-less data>
       "Tell me from a security perspective what is wrong with this?"
      1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

The interview was simple just like any student worker interview would be. Especially for a position as easy and common sense full as this one. the manager was interested in learning about me as a person and not just as an employee

OpenVMS Systems Admn Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

The interview I had was an ambush. A room full of interviewers and me. I would have handled the interview better from my perspective by informing my host that it would not be my way of inviting a guest into my "home".

Interview Questions

• It was the questions that did NOT pertain to the job discription that were "out of taste".   1 Answer

4-H Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Rochester, MN (US)).

Interview

Initial interview with Youth Development Office on campus. Then with the county needed the position presented a 15 min PP on how to grow progam. Finally answered 12 questions from a panel of community and staff involved with local 4-H

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child was going into the show ring not standing next to an adult handler as required?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was conducted by a person with terrible accent. Could not understand the questions he asked. I had to ask him to repeat the questions 4 times, then I just started guessing. Requested another phone interview. The group panel was OK. The questions asked could be found online.

Assistant Professor of History Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a campus interview that was preceded by an interview via Skype. In both I had to account for my current and future research interests, broader trends in the field in which I was situated, as well as classes I would teach at the undergraduate and graduate level.

Interview Questions

• What kind of classes could you envision teaching in the History department?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Professional - OIT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

The hiring process was very slow. It took them over two months to respond to my application. You need to look perfect on paper for them to even consider you. I thought my interview went very well, but wasn't offered the position.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

In person interview that was very basic. Asked questions that are easily found off the internet about different behavioral situations. Answer in STAR form. Lasted around 45 minutes at the most.

Academic Technology Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

The HR recruiter arranged a panel interview with about 8 people who worked in the technology department. The recruiter was personable and helpful, but the team manger was a condescending a-hole during the interview who cut me off mid-sentence repeatedly to challenge my credentials. It was so bad I withdrew my application after it was over. I had a much more welcoming interview with another department at the university.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a conflict you've had at work and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Student Athlete Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied, got an interview within a few days, if you can show you are responsible, respectful and knowledgeable of college level academic topics you should get a call back. Although when I applied they had specifically sent out emails saying they needed tutors.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to explain a fake homework question as if the interviewer was a student.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.