University of Minnesota Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

University of Minnesota Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2017

2.4

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

Very informal, just wanted to get to know who I was. Asked basic behavioral questions but did not seem to worried about my ability to complete the job. I was referred, this may be why they seemed extra lenient. Overall, very good experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

applied online ..... they took long time to get back to me for the interview. the interview took hours overall. they are not organized asking same questions. I don't know what is the point of meeting such a big group for a small position.

Interview Questions

• - your strengths
      - your weaknesses
      - how do you manage projects   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

basic questions. between 3 to 5 people interviewing you and through out the whole time they were trying to make me feel comfortable and keep the interview going. nice environment

Student Counseling Center Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

First I was contacted for a 10 minute interview over the phone which was kinda pointless considering it was with 3 people. I was constantly confused with who was addressing me. I was then called within two days for a in person interview.

My in person interview was a waste of my time. The job was very straightforward and I felt like I was being disqualified because of my gender during a few questions. I was told “you would be the first male in this position, we are not sure about that.”

I then sent a follow up email after 4 days, they did not respond. The end.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Marlborough, MA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a telephonic interview for 45 mins. Went good but wait time for the next round is long. The first round went good and it took almost 3 weeks for the same..

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about the job description and how I would fit in   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

In-person, group interview. I was provided with a couple of technical questions that lacked context. The team seemed incredibly paranoid about discussing their environment. I don't know anyone that would take a job without knowing what the environment is like beforehand. Eventually I was able to figure out the job was just looking at logs all day, rather than developing and testing security solutions as claimed by the job description.

Almost all of their questions were stereotypical of an interview: "How do you work with others?", "How do you deal with conflict?", "Give me an example of a time when you X or Y." It reminded me of the interviews I would have back in high-school when working as a cashier, retail associate, etc.

Interview Questions

• <given a sheet of paper with some context-less data>
       "Tell me from a security perspective what is wrong with this?"   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Interview

The interview was simple just like any student worker interview would be. Especially for a position as easy and common sense full as this one. the manager was interested in learning about me as a person and not just as an employee

OpenVMS Systems Admn Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

The interview I had was an ambush. A room full of interviewers and me. I would have handled the interview better from my perspective by informing my host that it would not be my way of inviting a guest into my "home".

Interview Questions

• It was the questions that did NOT pertain to the job discription that were "out of taste".   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very hectic and was late to start. I felt like I did less talking than the interviewer and as it was only scheduled for a half hour, I left feeling like I knew very little about the position. I was disappointed that the hiring person never followed up as to the job progress even after I emailed more than once. I'm not even sure the position was ever filled.

4-H Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Minnesota (Rochester, MN (US)).

Interview

Initial interview with Youth Development Office on campus. Then with the county needed the position presented a 15 min PP on how to grow progam. Finally answered 12 questions from a panel of community and staff involved with local 4-H

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child was going into the show ring not standing next to an adult handler as required?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.