Unum Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Unum Interview Questions

Interviews at Unum

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unum (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The employees are very professional and outgoing. They seem to have a great company culture and care about investing in their onboarding process for new hires. I thoroughly enjoyed my interview process and everyone I had the opportunity to meet. The best thing you can do is be yourself to see if you're a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a career?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unum (Deland, FL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I had an interview via web cam which took about 45 minutes. There were two individuals that I spoke with during the process. They both would take turns asking me questions using the STAR method wanting detailed responses and taking notes.

Interview Questions

• I've been advised the questions will have the STAR method and I've been provided with a document to review in advance in order to role play. The recruiter suggested knowing details about the company and being dressed for the interview as well.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unum.

Interview

45 minute phone interview followed by an on-site interview. Mostly behavior based questions and questions regarding the company and the position you’re applying for. Do your homework on the STAR Method and the position itself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to give a client bad news.   Answer Question

Eligibility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unum (Chattanooga, TN (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

submitted resume and application on company website after making a profile, was then contact through email to answer additional questions. Quickly after received another email asking to set up a phone interview. Took the phone interview and at the end she asked good times for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of two people interviewing, one was present and the other was a live skype feed from Maine. Overall it was a really relaxed environment but they did as a lot of questions, mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What is something your current manager would say you could improve on.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Unum (Chattanooga, TN (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Did an online interview with Unum. The online interview gave you two attempts at answering each interview question. There were 5 interview questions. After the questions, there were two skill based games you have to play.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your self and why you want to work here. Tell us about a time when you had to make a hard decision.   Answer Question

Associate Leave Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Unum in January 2020.

Interview

The company uses Hirevue so probably do not need to say anything else about the experience. Who has time to play games? Was a waste of time! They do not look you in the eye when speaking.

Interview Questions

• People often feel pulled in many directions at once. Describe a time when you prioritized your Customer's needs, even though there were other pressing issues.   1 Answer

Benefits Specialist Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unum (Portland, ME (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone interview was short and simple. Basically why you want to work for them and why you are fit for the position. Make sure you know responsibilities of the job you're applying for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unum in December 2019.

Interview

It was a video interview where I sat in front of my webcam, saw questions on the screen, and had to answer them within 30 seconds. You get to do practice rounds before the actual interview. Just to test out the microphone quality and making sure that you’re seen and that your environment is clear.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work for Unum?
      What is it that you know about this company?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unum.

Interview

It was a one way interview through the Hirevue app followed by assessment "games". It was uncomfortable, dehumanizing and potentially discriminating.. I really have to question the ethics of a company who chooses to use this. I find it quite the contradiction that a company that is looking for excellent customer service personnel would choose to treat qualified applicants with such disregard. This app uses Al to weed out applicants. It's insulting to have a bot analyze things like facial expressions, keywords and eye contact without any human interaction and "pass or fail" you on your video interview. I can only imagine how many applicants were as uncomfortable as I was staring into the phone at yourself for a job interview. I regret doing it and will never do another one like this. I will not work for a company that cares so little about their employees that they can't invest the time and money into having appropriate and fair interactive interviews. It's so one sided, you can't ask questions that you may have that a quick initial phone or Skype interview would allow before moving on with the hiring process.

STD Benefits Trainee Interview

Interview

I spoke with Julie (a recruiter), she was amazing! She was genuinely interested in hearing about my current position and even more intrigued with the way I answered her interview questions. Word of advice know about the company, she did ask my knowledge of the company, thank goodness I did my research. The training class starts in January 2020, I won’t know if the hiring manager has considered me for a formal interview with he or she until the middle of November. The issue is I reside in NY state currently, I’m not relocating to TN until December 30th due to my apartment being ready at that time. So, I’m praying the hiring manager will be open to a Skype interview or something similar to Skype. Especially with me not being able to formally meet at this time. Overall this portion of the interview experience was great....fingers crossed!

*I won’t know if I get the offer until November 11th so for now I have to select no offer

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.