Upstate Medical University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Upstate Medical University

2.7

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Talent acquisition department contacted me first for a brief interview and qualifications verification. Next, l was contacted by the hiring manager for a more formal phone interview. After a week or so l was contacted by the talent acquisitions department to schedule an in person interview with the hiring panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful situation at work and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through their online website, it was a very easy and professional . I received an email from the Department assistant regarding the Interview date and time. The Interview was in Upstate University Hospital . All you need is to prepare your CV in a professional way and get ready for their email to get an Interview .. I interviewed in August 2016 .. And still waiting for their reply

Interview Questions

• The Interview was mostly with the PI and the Research Staff It wasn't that easy their questions were mostly focusing on my previous Job qualifications. My Interview took 45 mins to an hour.
      It was good in General, However, I'm still waiting for their reply   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Upstate Medical University.

Interview

Worked for the institution for over 5 years and the politics, sexism and lack of growth causes the turnover rate to increase. Great benefits but not a place to grow.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed. Easy. Informative. Allowed for me to talk as much as I wanted. Up front on what they wanted. Looking to hire on spot. Need to get someone right away. Not much time to think it over.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Upstate Medical University in September 2017.

Interview

It was very casual, instead of being pounded with questions, it was more of a conversation. It took about 2 to 3 weeks. They called all of my references, and were very open about the processes. Everyone was very friendly so it helped calm my nerves.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why do you want this job?   1 Answer

Epic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Received a phone call request. Email was received . Group interview with 4 members of management. Per management more interviews are happening before they can decide.

Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was given a tour and met the other sonographers. Then I was interviewed and asked to scan a patient. There were no patients available, so I scanned the interviewer herself!

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? What types of patients did you see in your past?   Answer Question

ER RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Meet with the RN Manage for brief interview. Shadow experience required for 4 hrs to get a feel for the ER. RN manager called references and worked out start date. 10 weeks orientation with 1 yr RN experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the ED?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Somewhat informal, one on one type interviewing where the job details were discussed. I applied for the job online and received an interview via email. Was able to interview fairly quickly within the week and even discussed payment during interview.

Interview Questions

• Purely asked about experience for the sake of using the equipment.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

I had to be aggressive, the hiring office doesn't call you back for weeks to months after you post your posistion. GO TO A JOB FAIR and have a face to your name, it HELPS! After I actually got an interview it went smoothly and everyone was wonderful. it's just getting through that initial application submission that sucks!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with Cliques. How do you deal with conflict. HOw do you handle someone differing in ideas in a plan of care? How do you deal with critisism.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't. All UNION. you get no say, no chance to negotiate.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.