Urban Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Urban Outfitters

1,427 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was a group interview, however my group was small (only myself and one other person). The manager would ask questions and allow us both to answer. Some of my colleagues reported having to do two rounds of interviews, but I only did one.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Always apply online first. Then you’ll get called in for an interview, a lot of times it’s a group interview. Then from there you may have to submit a video interview as well. Dress smart but not too formal, reflect your personal style and how you’d fit in with the urban brand. The interview is very casual and focused around your personality for the most part.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Got an invitation to do a recorded virtual interview. Sent in the interview and never got a follow-up. Tried sending an email and calling but never even got a rejection notice. Talked to others and heard this was normal for the company.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

It was luckily really relaxed and basic questions that every normal retail store would ask you. Like any other retail company, they would ask you about theft and handling it as well.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Did the application process and was never told whether or not I would receive an interview. I would have preferred them to give me a response at the very least.

Software Intern Interview

Interview

Sent in video answering basic soft skills questions like why I want to work there, my interests, plans for the future, etc. After that technical interview which wasn't too abd

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Met with 3 people from buying team. Lots of red flags throughout the interview:

- Interviewers mentioned long hours were normal, where people will also come in on the weekends to catch up on work (you do not get paid overtime)
    - A lot of previous assistants quit because job is not what they expected (high turnover rate)
    - Interviewers mentioned how crying at the office and being overwhelmed is normal for this type of role
    - The person who interviewed me last who was a higher up, came off aloof and unprepared... didn't seemed interested in me and admitted she didn't look at my resume beforehand....

While they were being transparent, it seems like they all go with the status quo and don't find the company culture toxic at all. Like it's some type of passage to be overworked and treated poorly in order to work in fashion/retail. It's 2020 not 2010... this type of work environment should be called out and no longer be normalized in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Who are our biggest competitors and what are they doing that's better than us   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Conducted online with HireVue. There were two chances per question, so you could use one chance to collect your thoughts before recording your final response if need be. However, each question was timed.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone screen first which lasted 20-30 minutes. Came in for in person interview with store manager and was offered the job. Very straightforward, clear, and easy.

Copywriter Interview

Interview

The interview process was painless! After a first-round phone interview, I then progressed to an in-person interview at Home Office. I met with the team I was interviewing to join, answered their questions and was able to ask my own. The recruiting department kept me up to speed with clear communication throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you envision retail changing over the next few years?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.