Urban Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Urban Outfitters

1,417 Interview Reviews

2.2

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Conducted online with HireVue. There were two chances per question, so you could use one chance to collect your thoughts before recording your final response if need be. However, each question was timed.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone screen first which lasted 20-30 minutes. Came in for in person interview with store manager and was offered the job. Very straightforward, clear, and easy.

Copywriter Interview

Interview

The interview process was painless! After a first-round phone interview, I then progressed to an in-person interview at Home Office. I met with the team I was interviewing to join, answered their questions and was able to ask my own. The recruiting department kept me up to speed with clear communication throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you envision retail changing over the next few years?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from a recruiter shortly thereafter. Had 2 initial phone interviews (one w/ Talent, and one with who would be my direct manager). The process was very quick. They invited me into the office (train, food, uber to the office was covered!) where I got to meet the team. It was all very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Urban Outfitters?
      How do you keep up with retail fashion trends?   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Interview

I was sent a link to do a hirevue interview about a month after turning in my application. They asked me questions and I would have about 30 seconds to prepare and 1-2 minutes to answer.

Interview Questions

• What influencer or celebrity should we collaborate with for a collection and why?   1 Answer

Distribution Supervisor Interview

Interview

Had a brief phone interview initially covering my job history, why I’m looking, etc. I was then offered an on site interview. The HR associate was insanely polite throughout the entire process. I then met with two of the warehouse managers... very standard interview questions read off paper. They did not seem interested in me or my answers, didn’t go into much detail regarding the position, and most questions I had felt like an inconvenience for them to answer. Having interviewed people myself, I definitely felt guilty wasting their time. The interview concluded and I was walked out by the HR associate again who couldn’t have been nicer and said there were more interviews to conduct. I should hear back from them with a yes or no in about two weeks. I never received an email or phone call.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you implemented a new process/procedure and the effect it had? (Paraphrasing)   Answer Question
    • How do you handle failure?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Very brief, typical online 1-way interview. One of the question was very vague about a trend I thought was important. I didn't know if they were talking about trends in the finance, marketing, fashion, etc. Made it hard to answer when I couldn't ask any questions for clarity

Security Engineer Interview

Interview

video interview. There are five questions, one is a technical question shown below, others are behavior questions, like how did you overcome a big problem, and what is your favorite brand? why do you choose a security-related job? You have time to prepare the answers, so it is easy.

Interview Questions

• what do you think is the biggest problem of our platform?   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in February 2020.

Interview

Had 3 rounds overall. 1st round was with a HR followed with a 1-on-1 phone interview with a hiring manager. Was grilled about SQL functions for about an hour. Finally, i was flown to their Philly office for an onsite interview with a few folks. Simply the best and one of the most professional people I have ever met. Although I got very anxious and screwed up on the SQL round, it was a good experience overall. A special word to the HR (Caitlyn DeFluri) who was the best I have ever coordinated with.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gap, PA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Gap, PA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

30 minute phone interview then 30 minute in person with two managers. I was interviewing for an overnight position. The pay was very, very low. I ended up accepting a job for $12k more a year elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with Linux?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.