VITAS Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

VITAS Healthcare Interview Questions

Interviews at VITAS Healthcare

2.4

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Lombard, IL (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I have been invited for in person interview with hiring manager.
    When I arrived for an interview, I was asked to complete an assignment before interview and typing test. After showing up my results to HR person, they advised me that I did not score enough on typing test and should have a more practice. I asked if I will have an interview with hiring manager as I was invited. She stated no interview will be conducted because the position is required a great typing skills. I did very well on my typing and I was very upset about my experience with hiring process. Not even given me a chance to have an interview and then make a decision if I will be a good fit for a job

Interview Questions

• No questions have been asked since was no interview. In the same day received email from HR department advising me that they will not be moving forward with my candidacy. Very bad.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Palm Beach, FL (US)).

Interview

The interview process was easy. The person I spoke with was able to answer several of my questions and helped to arrange a follow up interview. This was a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions where about my skills/background and experience. There were questions about my interest in job. Questions about working and background and experience to the position applied for.   Answer Question

Senior HRIS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare in August 2019.

Interview

I was presented to Vitas by an outside recruiter who sent over my resume and an addendum that answered all the items the hiring manager was looking for. HR then called for a prescreen interview. The call was very frustrating. First she asked to call back because of bad connection (popping noise on her end, clear on mine). Callback did not help. She inferred it was my cellphone since she was on landline. Next two calls I had with other companies had no issues and with telecom background I know landlines can have issues too. Anyway she proceeded with her questionnaire. When asked about my experience, I could not complete a sentence much less tell her all of my experience as a Sr HRIS Analyst because she continually interrupted to have me repeat what I said so she could type my answer. When asked how many years I had working with Fusion, she ended interview when I said none. She said she had been told I had it and that is why I got the interview. The external recruiter had not said that. It was clearly stated that I would have no issue learning a new system. Not to mention my resume clearly lists the systems I know. Overall a very frustrating 10 minutes. You have to wonder why the position has been open for almost six months.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Miami, FL (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I first received a call and an email from the National Sales Recruiter with some questions I should be prepared to answer. We also scheduled the interview for the following week.
    After the interview was completed, I was told they would reach out to me with a decision by Monday of the following week (I interviewed on a Wednesday).
    I sent a thank you follow up email. I never heard back from either of the two people I interviewed with. Never received a response or answer from the company. Very upsetting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your most difficulty sale and how you were able to overcome the difficulty.   Answer Question

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Lombard, IL (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

First the basics. This was a “job fair” It was held from 8:30am to 6pm. A 4 ½ hour process. I’m wondering how people who came by later in the day fared. There certainly wouldn’t be time for anything in depth. The company was kind enough to put out donuts and water bottles and some nice little bottles of antiseptic lotion attached to carabineers.
    It started with a basic computer literacy test (computers kept freezing, I’m still wondering if that was on purpose or they just have system problems) and typing test done at an online site that anybody can access. Then the first of three interviews.
    The people were nice enough, but the atmosphere was quiet. This is understandable considering people calling in for hospice care, but it was also sterile and dull.

The first interview was with an HR guy, and he was straight out of the book of “Even Cancer can be fun! ” The first thing that concerned me were the buzz words I kept hearing, which was “positive energy” That is a “new age” term and it causes my hackles to rise, and I’m scanning his desk to see if he has any books by Eckhart Tolle or Deepak Chopra.

New age buzz phrases such as “positive energy” on the surface sound appealing, but in reality they are shallow and pretentious. The HR man I interviewed with seemed nice enough, but part of me wondered if he could truly live his life with the standards he presented. ie: getting a flat tire can be a positive experience because at least your living LIFE! Or...Having heavy traffic on the way to work can be a good thing because maybe you avoided an accident! I was almost certain that if I told him a tornado lifted my house up he would say that maybe it would land in a better neighborhood.

To be fair, I can actually see the benefit in some of the things he was saying, but this can also go a tad too far, as these type of mindsets and philosophies generally do. It’s called denial. And I’m not talking about a river in Egypt.

The second interview was with a young woman, who was also very nice, and asked the same old behavior questions. (do they get this stuff from some handbook?) We were also discussing stress, and she told me that the reason people get stressed out is because they rarely think of the WORST thing that can happen. I actually had to ask her to repeat that because I wasn’t sure I heard her right.

Actually that is about as wrong of an idea that a person can have. The reason people get stressed is because they DO think of the worst thing that can happen to them! I really have to wonder if their own common sense is being affected by this new age thinking.

The third and final interview was with the “big boss” or one of them, anyway. Again, nice enough lady, and at least she seemed a little more level headed. She did ask me a couple more typical interview questions such as, name something I contributed to a previous company. However, her main focus seemed to be on attendance and dependability. Ah, something at least related to reality.

When I got home, I started reading in depth some of the reviews that former employees posted about this company. I found my AHA! moment, when one review pointed out that they had recently implemented a company standard based on a book called “The Energy Bus” This book promotes such gems as “A study shows that most people commit suicide on Monday morning at 9am.” Oh really? I’m sure I can find about 1000 “studies” that would disagree with that laughable piece of information. The summary of the book is, “positive energy can help you take back control and find true happiness.”

Now I don’t know for sure, if this company has truly taken this book as it’s corporate bible, but if I thought for one moment, that any company was gleaning their culture from any type of “book” that is being idolized in the corporate world, I would never have wasted my time with the interview. At least they’re getting paid for it. I’m not.

I left there feeling disturbed, and a bit depressed. It wasn’t until I got outside that I realized how suffocated I had felt in what felt like a cult like atmosphere. I did get good out of all this though. I couldn’t wait to get back to the real world, where people can feel free to feel frustration with the weather and traffic, without feeling guilty about it.

Basically I couldn’t wait to get back to real life, and real people, warts and all. I’d rather be around real people than employees who seem like they are brainwashed to live in a plastic world, that only exists in the very surreal world of that office, and in their own minds.

All in all, I left that place wondering if these people were real, or if alien pods had taken over their bodies and brains.
    I think their new age thinking is making them into Utopian robots.
    My advice to anybody who may start a job there would be this. Don’t sit too close to the plants.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

The interview process was professional and very detailed. The interviewer did their homework and asked pertinent questions. It was a pleasant experience and they did offer me the job.

Support Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

phone screen, then face to face. met with manager in office, received tour, resume and references review, behavioral type questions, follow up with phone recap, contacted by recruiter by phone for post interview question and answer, received offer by phone

Lpn Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare.

Interview

They are very comfortable to speak with. Will answer any questions you have. They love hiring those with no experience. Overall, they want there employees to be compassionate to their patients which they stated a lot of experience nurses lack.

Interview Questions

• What is it you know about hospice?   1 Answer

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Fort Worth, TX (US)).

Interview

They did not contact.
    I received an email only stating I had applied.
    That I would receive a follow up.
    I never did! I had to research this on my own on the career site.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Jacksonville, FL (US)).

Interview

Did my homework before going to the interview. Company recently changed local sales managers. Very nice people and seems to be a good culture and an opportunity I would have enjoyed.

Interview Questions

• Asked typical questions about successes, how I deal with complicated situations.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.