Westpac New Zealand Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Westpac New Zealand Interview Questions

Interviews at Westpac New Zealand

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westpac New Zealand (Montgomery, AL (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

30 minutes, basic interview questions
    What can you bring to the company? How many hours do you like to work? Are you stable? Do you like yourself? Do you date much?

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself in this position?   1 Answer

Graduate Agribusiness Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westpac New Zealand (Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui (New Zealand)) in August 2019.

Interview

Uncomfortable, didn't seem interested in my answers. Then the main hiring manager wanted to "try something new" and printed me off a list of stock reconciliations, financial metrics, spread sheets, depreciation schedules and gave me a list of questions. Completely unexpected. Ended up walking out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2019.

Interview

After I submitted my application, I was invited to do an online testing (personality). The second day I received the invitation to a video interview. And one day later, they rang me for a face to fact interview.

Interview Questions

• If successful, where do you see yourself in 12-24 months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Westpac New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in February 2019.

Interview

Professional and well structured interview process. Application submitted online and 2 days later a personality profile was requested. Interview was arranged the following day. Questions were based on behavioural examples.

Personal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christchurch, Canterbury (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac New Zealand (Christchurch, Canterbury (New Zealand)) in January 2019.

Interview

Right from the start the interviewers were unfriendly. Even the instructions to where to meet them were vague. Two managers who appeared to represent what you might imagine bank managers to be 25 years ago. Interview was formal with lots of ill-prepared questions. The interview made me feel that Westpac must be a very behind the times. When I left I got the feeling that Westpac was not the bank for me, although I'm a highly experienced banker from the competition. Sure enough, got a call from the interviewer a few days later, who sounded very nervous, telling me abruptly that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why was I applying for a job at Westpac when I had worked for the competition? Why not my old bank?   Answer Question

Principal Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Westpac New Zealand (Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)) in June 2018.

Interview

Informal and formal in nature. Wellington was more informal, Auckland very formal and outcomes focused. Overall, I think the process was transparent. The company has gone thru major change and this was not explained in detail within the interview.

Multi Channel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westpac New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in January 2018.

Interview

Typical process Tell me about yourself/ where do u see yourself in 5 years and a few behavioral queation. A lot of general questions I have prepared were being asked at all

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize the follow 10 situations.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied for a Customer Service Representative role through their website. I then received an email that I was shortlisted and was inviting me to record my an interview through Sonru record. To prepare for the interview, best to practice over numerous times through Sonru. As for me, I was not able to practice much and it was already approaching the close date. And I also got a bit awkward recording an interview, since I was not used to such kind of method. And sadly, I was not able to proceed to the next recruitment stage.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time when you wow'ed a customer
      2. What is excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online then I got a link to do a personality test. Couple days later, I received an invitation to do an online interview. After I completed my online interview, I was invited to have a face-to-face interview with hiring managers. Still waiting for the result though...

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, Waikato (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westpac New Zealand (Hamilton, Waikato (New Zealand)) in November 2017.

Interview

Consisted of three contacts. 1. Confirmation to move on to questionable. 2. Questionaire. 3. Video/in person interview.

I was interviewed in person via a panel. Questions consisted of how I dealt with people including customers, staff and management.

Interview Questions

• How I deal with difficult customers   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.