Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 24 Mar 2019

2.8

Sort:

Performance Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

There were different rounds of interview.

1. Telephonic technical interview.
    2. HR in person and technical in person
    3. Discussion with all heads of all departments. Total 6 directors.

Technical questions were mainly related to Performance testing, Concepts, process & methodologies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had negotiated on Salary and they agreed to increase that upto 7%.

Assistant Managing Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Multiple interviews but when I did my fourth interview in office, they seemed to think I was doing a round 2 interview. Employees seemed anxious and uncomfortable. I was called for a group interview but met with only peers doing the job initially. I was prepared to answer questions, but didn't expect to ask all the questions.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Medford, MA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter based in the UK and we set up a phone interview. She went over my basic qualifications and said she would be reaching out to me soon to set up a meeting with the Hiring manager who was based in Medford, MA. I received an email from her within 24 hours asking me if I was available the next day for the second round interview. I asked for some alternative times/dates the next week since it was already Thursday and I had work commitments scheduled. I never heard back from her after that which was unprofessional and left me cold.

Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a easy process they asked me some random questions an I just answered them on what I knew it wasn't long before I got hired an it wasn't to hard

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malden, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wiley (Malden, MA (US)).

Interview

I got this temp job through a staffing agency, no interview was conducted.

Network Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wiley (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Nine interviews. Three different trips to the facility. They pay attention when they interview, making every attempt to retain the right person. Even had to plan and present a training for who would be my immediate supervisor.

Interview Questions

• How long would you like to stay here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very Easy

Web Designer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Orlando, FL (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was almost five years ago and was probably the most involved process I had ever been a part of before. At the time the company was much smaller (400 employees) and I remember coming back on three different occasions to meet with several people individually. They use this peer approach where each person asks a series of questions of their own choice. It was a long process, but after I was hired I felt that because of the process I must be worth the time, and that was a good feeling.

Interview Questions

• What is the meaning of Life?   1 Answer

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two phone screens a month apart. Then, two half-day back-to-back interview process with 10 people. You could sense that it was a dog and pony show to support an internal candidate. During my 4:15 slot with two interviewers, one of them packed up his stuff and left...10 min into the 30 min process. That person said, "Oop, it's now 4:25, it's time for me to leave."

Another interviewer started the interview by attempting to lecture me. The first thing he said was "Just to let you know..." Then he proceeded to use the remaining time to try to dig himself out of the hole. For the record, I am female and all but one interviewers are male. Most of them are condescending and did not take the interviews seriously. You could feel that they were there to make sure that the internal candidate got the job. One interviewer said he was concerned an external candidate would not have a good understanding of their IT environment. Wow, really?!?

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume type of questions. Nothing specific.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview with HR and department supervisor. General interview questions, cheerful, engaged. The interview probably would have been in person at their headquarters had I not been away at college at the time.

Interview Questions

• mostly general questions, some specific to the department.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Oak Brook, IL (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Three interviews with three different employees. All were very friendly. Lots of basic behavioral and skills related questions. All interviews were over the phone and took place over a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.