WiseTech Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

WiseTech Global Interview Questions

Interviews at WiseTech Global

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The HR did a phone screen. Then asked me to do a two hours long cognitive test. Then nothing! No skill test! No response from the HR anymore even after I send an email to check the status with them. Feel like I waste several hours!

French Translator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Schaumburg, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I first had a brief Skype interview with the Talent acquisition specialist, followed by a translation test and a couple of personality and aptitude tests. The results of these tests led to an in-person interview on site with the language manager and the content manager.

Interview Questions

• What did you like the most about your previous job position?   Answer Question

Spanish Translator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Schaumburg, IL (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Lasted about 6 weeks total, first I had a Skype interview with Prabina (HR), after that I had to do a translation test along with a behavioral test and a couple of assessments. After that came the in person interview, for which I had another Skype interview first with the Hiring Manager because I was an out of state applicant. They flew me in for the in person interview. After that I had to do one final translation test.

Interview Questions

• Interview with HR was just questions based on resume and personal questions. Final interview questions were a lot more specific to the position (behavioral and based on experience). Nothing weird or too complicated.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Schaumburg, IL (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I had applied online and the recruiter called me up and set up a coding interview at their office location in Schaumburg, IL. It was a 8 hour long coding interview where I had to solve 3 assignments. The questions were pretty standard but cannot be disclosed due to their non-disclosure agreement. They have pretty high standards for the quality of their solutions.

Interview Questions

• Cannot be disclosed due to their non-disclosure agreement   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WiseTech Global in January 2020.

Interview

First interview was with very nice people and I had a positive feeling about the company. However the last interview was completely unacceptable. The interview with Enterprise Architect was not what I was expecting. For Enterprise Architect he was asking very help-desk/level 2 support questions. For the senior role I applied to I was getting questions about RAID arrays, Group Policy objects and DNS records. I was expecting some Architect related questions like TOGAF, technologies,etc. I was very frustrated for the level of the questions and almost at the half of the interview process I knew I was not going to accept the offer, but out of curiosity I stayed until the end with hope that the whole process might turn better. I was wrong, the questions I got were more and more for some junior level roles. I was expecting questions like how to format a PC or change password of a user in domain. Just to explain my frustration I have been doing Enterprise level Solutions Architecture for last 10 years for Enterprise technologies and they had been aware of that.

Product Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Sydney) in October 2019.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview, which are respectively with HR online and with the team managers in the company. There is no stress for the first round becasue it is pretty much just to show what is the real yourself like. The more you relax, the more you will enjoy the conversation with the HR. Then I was called to the company for the second round. The HR came to meet me and showed me around, where I saw a huge company with all the staff working with 42 inch monitors. This did encourage me to show a better me in front of the product team managers. During the interview, the HR helped on the interaction between me and the managers. They are all nice people and they asked some questions based on my profile. Although I did not prepare those questions before, I did not feel any difficulty to answer, because this is a pure technology company, most of the questions they asked were very practical. As long as you are confident about your experience and skills, you just need to be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about what problem you encountered in your previous work and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • What did your manager do after you solved this problem?   Answer Question
    • What is your background and why do you think our company is your choice?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Sydney) in September 2019.

Interview

All the reviews here talk about the three coding questions. But I felt those were quite average, challenging but not hard, you will really need to focus hard. Structure the code elegantly, ensure it's readable, broken down into components. You're more or less on your own on site for the whole day to concentrate

Anyway, after the coding questions and online cognitive questions and a few phone calls. I had an in person meeting with three developers. Overall, I think i mingled well with them. Drew some adhoc architecture diagrams of some of the previous projects i worked on. They asked questions how to improve it, speed up the process, recover from catastrophy, prevent failures etc

Overall, the vibe at the interview was great, alot of conversation going. I particularly liked two of the guys there, good mixture of being serious and relaxed. But to my rather blunt dismay since I was really counting on it, I didn't get an offer since I don't think I've quite accrued enough experience with some specific fields they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• Contrast the strengths and capabilities of NoSql and RDB. Explain in context of performance and distributed systems.   1 Answer
    • How exactly does Hashmaps work. How do they hash values? How exactly arethe values retrieved in the implementation? Explain with the use of Big O Notation   1 Answer
    • Name a circumstance where you solved a crisis/big issue and how you had handled it   1 Answer
    • How do you usually handle criticism?   1 Answer
    • If you had a massive stored procedure and you needed to ensure that it works correctly with no failure. Backed with thirty developers and two months, how would you go about testing it?   1 Answer
    • Find biggest number in an array of unique integers as efficiently as possible. The answer is something to do with heapsort/quicksort and Big O Notation with a run time of O(n *log n) or something like that.   1 Answer
    • Contrast the fundamental differences between a multithreaded process and an asynchronous process. Preferably in the context of c#.   1 Answer
    • Describe one tech thing you learnt recently and learnt well.   1 Answer
    • How would you speed up a stored procedure or a database's performance?   1 Answer
    • What are DB Indexes? What are the advantages and disadvantages?   1 Answer

Anynomous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Alexandria).

Interview

They call me straight away without email. Called me in for one interview only even was told that there will be another round. He checked my references and verbally give me the offer and promised to give me the contract. A week later, nothing happened. Emailed him and was told that they changed the mind and will start to hire new people. Super unprofessional. Recruiter doesn’t know how to treat people.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Sydney) in July 2019.

Interview

Was approached on LinkedIn for the role, process was very quick and took about 10 days from initial phone call to offer.

Everyone that I dealt with was professional and great to communicate with.

Great experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. General Initial Phone screen conversation with recruiter
      2. Cognitive and Personality online test
      3. Face to face with person who was doing the role & recruiter
      4. Coffee interview with Executive I would be working for   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Sydney) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was pretty unique. I applied for a listed position but was hired for a different post. They assessed my skill set and ultimately asked me what I wanted to do and offered me that job.

I did a phone interview, 1on1 and a panel interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.