YETI Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

YETI Interview Questions

Interviews at YETI

2.8

Analyst Interview

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward process. Phone interview with an HR rep. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview. Easy process, received offer a few later

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YETI.

Interview

Had two interviews, one with the recruiter and the second with who would be my supervisor. The recruiter interview was fairly easy, although they wanted me to give an exact salary range without knowing more about the position. They didn't send me the scheduled time for the second interview, so I was caught off guard when they called, but proceeded with the interview instead of rescheduling. Both interviews were standard questions for my field of expertise. The recruiter said I was a frontrunner for the position and then I didn't move forward in the process. I asked for feedback, but wasn't provided any.

Interview Questions

• Experience working in the outdoor niche
      Expected salary range   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YETI.

Interview

Initial phone screen interview with the recruiter, Interview with Hiring Manager, Interview with 6 cross functional partners, Interview with Department Head - process can take weeks due to scheduling. Be patient.

Interview Questions

• What Yeti core value resonates with you and why?   Answer Question
    • Provide a time that you had to deliver bad news and how was it received?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Yeti? (everyone asks this)   Answer Question
    • Give examples of skills they are looking for in the job description.   Answer Question

Head of Data & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YETI (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

Submitted my resume online at YETI.com and received a rejection email a few days later. The recruiting team at YETI then reached out via phone to have a conversation about why I wasn't a good fit.

What an amazing experience!!! I was a strong candidate but there were a few key experiences that they were looking for that I didn't have. But the fact that they spent 30 minutes discussing this in person was HUGE in my book,

Best HR/recruiting experience I've ever had... hands down!!!!

Interview Questions

• More about my experience versus what wasn't in the job description.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

4 weeks of a couple zoom calls and one 3hr design challenge, mixed in with many calls/emails/texts from the recruiter. The recruiter texted and called at all hours of the day, often emailing and then immediately calling and texting to confirm interview times. The funny part is that after the design challenge I was ghosted, which is not far off from what others have said. The interview questions are really basic and so I can only assume that they are looking for someone really specific but are unwilling to let the candidate know of that set of requirements.

I think in large they are just interviewing and not interested in hiring. If you have time to spare then look into a job here, otherwise, don’t waste your time. The pay isn’t very competitive and they want to make the argument that the pay is ok if you factor in the lack of state taxes in Texas...but isn’t that a perk, not a factor?! I found that the pay equates to less than others, even if you factor in the lack of state taxes, low cost of living, and if Yeti has a banner year (relating to a large bonus).

I wish them the best but it really is a company making commodity products with slick marketing, looking to stand out in a competitive space. The products are high quality and stand out, particularly the new plastic bucket they just released.

Interview Questions

• Design a thermos cap in solidworks and go into great detail about your decisions.   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YETI (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Very straight forward and honest. Phone screen with HR, interview with the hiring manager, interview with his boss, then group interview with people from other functions. Because of COVID, the interviews were done over video call (Teams or Zoom). Some interviews were staggered trying to get everyone's schedules lined up.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YETI.

Interview

I applied online and three weeks later got an email that they will contact me soon for in-person interviews. They never emailed or called for an in-person interview. I assume it was because of the pandemic, but an email would have been nice.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YETI in September 2020.

Interview

I spoke with multiple recruiters, the full team that I would've been working with, and took a technical assessment. Total time was 9-11 hours. Expect to touch base on all your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions regarding specific manufacturing techniques, processes, cross-functional team member interactions, phase gate information, dealings with international teams, etc. You will be required to do a technical assessment to show your CAD skills, and to show how you approach a problem. I attacked the problem from multiple angles, but in the end, I think they wanted me to choose a very specific approach to solve a problem, and I gave them numerous options but potentially the one they were looking for. I still felt it was a very positive experience for myself, and hope they find what seems to be a very specific candidate with a very specific set of skills. I thought the team members were a great group of guys, and sure they'd be a pleasure to work with. Good luck on your search YETI.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YETI (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

It starts with a phone screen from an HR representative who is engaging and actively listens. The process falls apart after that. Watching this company post the same role every six months for the last two years indicates a severe breakdown. The problem could be in one or all of the following places: culture, hiring decisions, and/or screening. They may not really know what they're asking for in terms of the right candidate. They may be overthinking the whole process too. They are certainly not retaining those who make the final cut. Stay away until they figure it out.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your most recent responsibilities as they relate to the description of this job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YETI.

Interview

applied online, emailed a couple of days later about a phone interview, heard back about a month later that they decided to go another route. The recruiter I talked to on the phone was slightly monotoned but she had positive feedback and kept me in the loop the entire way through.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.