Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Yahoo Interview Questions

Interviews at Yahoo

1,110 Interview Reviews

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was actually quite casual. Interview was fun and engaging. Interviewer was very disarming in order to get a clearer view of me as a person and how I would fit temperment-wise on their team.

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Burbank, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a 2 month process. I was recruited, talked to a recruiter. Sat with 3 different people. Marissa Mayer was a part of the approval process as well. They also asked for a background check and needed references. There were frequent delays in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if an advertiser is not interested in a product?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

- Very typical interview questions.
    -The process was extremely drawn out and took way too long. I never had any contact with anyone from HR or Recruiting.
    -The roles and responsibilities of the job were not properly explained during any of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• I barely remember any of the questions because they were so generic and uninspiring.   1 Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Had another offer on the table so Yahoo! knew they had to move through the process quickly. Spoke with the recruiter one day, the hiring manager the next, then was brought it to speak to 6 different team members in a 3 hour interview block. The people were extremely nice, very casual. The one thing that stood out was one gentleman told me Yahoo! tends to hire folks that are overqualified for the position. This occurred on a Friday then that evening, the recruiter called to schedule an interview with the VP for a Sunday. I finally heard back on Monday (they said they would let me know a few hours within the interview so I waited and waited) and the other candidate they went with was just "off the charts," so pretty much what the interviewer told me. Everyone was real kind and professional...good experience although no offer.

Interview Questions

• If given this opportunity, how would you approach your first day on the job?   1 Answer

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Talked to a really nice database backend engineering during a college career fair. He immediately gave me an interview slot for the next day. For the interview, I came in and the interviewer talked about himself a little bit. And then he gave me a question about full/complete binary trees and a brain teaser. They were easy questions but I was extremely tired at the time. He told me later to be less nervous!

Interview Questions

• You have 10 jars, each filled with many marbles. Each marble weighs exactly 1.0 grams. One of the jars is a bad batch meaning each marble inside weighs 1.1 grams instead of 1.0 grams. You have a scale that will give you back a number of how much things weigh on it. Using only one measurement, determine how would you be able to find the bad batch   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo (Chicago, WI (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

First will be the phone interview with more than 1 hours of asking everything, then they will ask you to write a small program base on you most confident language. You have about 15 minutes to finish it. Then face interview will took 4 hours and do test all day

Interview Questions

• Give a string , find the longest part that jave same character   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

it was one of the worst interviews i ever underwent -- very unprofessional people in yahoo mobile...now i know why yahoo is going down and down and down. lol none of the people i was interviewed for entire day asked me a single technical question. no c, no c++ nothing. no ds. no algo. pfff...i declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me "anything" about "any" project.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

I received a call from Yahoo after I had applied on their job site. There were 2 phone interviews and then I was called onsite. The phone interviews were pretty basic and covered stuff I had mentioned on my resume and basic C++ and unix questions. The onsite interviews were above average. I was asked all traversal type of a Binary tree. Question about some Unix tools, shell scripting. Couple of C++ string manipulation problems.

Interview Questions

• Write a routine to reverse a string and then reverse only the individual words in the same string using the routine.   2 Answers
    • Explain all traversal types of Binary tree   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

Process was disorganized and chaotic. Their own schedule was not adhered to. A few interviewers were garbled and inarticulate, and could not formulate questions properly. A few simply did not show up. Then some spent most of their time texting while trying to ask questions during the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in April 2008.

Interview

2 phone interviews, mostly screening of resume plus some technical questions.
    then 1 on-site interview, with 8-9 people from 3 different groups, lasting for 8~9 hours(including lunch).60% technical problems, white board coding, 30% questions concerning your working experience, 10% behavior questions,

seems everyone has his own focuses and interests and topics is broad.

Interview Questions

• machine learning problems, and multi-threading concurrency   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.