Yelp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Yelp

2,525 Interview Reviews

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Yelp's interview process is one of, if not the, best I've seen. The company conducts their interviews in a quick and seamless fashion, typically in one week intervals. After submitting my application I was contacted in less than a week by a hiring manager and got set up for a phone interview. These are more of introductory questions to get a better gauge on how much you know about Yelp as a company and the kind of role you're applying for (Yelp is really great at explaining the position and establishing expectations for any potential new employee). If you pass their first phone screening, you'll move forward with the in-person interview which is conducted in a group setting and then you'll separate for individual interviews with managers later on. This was the most fun part about the whole process, Yelp's offices are big, bright, and always full of buzzing employees. It's an incredible energy to witness. The manager that interviewed me made me feel really comfortable, we discussed my resume a bit but this part is mostly focused on sales role-playing so they can get a better glimpse into how you communicate/establish relationships. Biggest tip is to know what you're passionate about as they will use this to have you create a sales scenario! If you pass the in-person interview, the third phone call is one last run-around of the expectations that the position entails and another opportunity to ask questions. I got a job offer by the end of that third phone call!

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that isn't on this resume   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

After I applied online the recruiter quickly reached out to me. It was very organized and I received a document detailing the process at the beginning of the process. Online coding challenge and then a coding challenge with a member of the engineering team. After this would have been the final round interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to pair groups of people into randomized pairs, assign leftover people to pairs to make a group of three.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter reached out. Communication was very quick on their end. Went through three interviews, two of them technical, with one of those being with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Find the nth term in a Pascal triangle.   1 Answer

Interview

great interview. easy to understand and allows you to have great open communication with the interviewer. Have a positive attitude and be open to the multilevel interview process which is much needed

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Process was brief and easy. they were kind and easy to talk to first was the phone interview then there was a Skype interview after that process was over it was just the background check along with everything else that might be included

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

I applied online. Initial interview was on the phone, and it took only about 15 minutes. I received an email very shortly after applying online for an over the phone interview. Very pleasant and easy.

Yelp Account Executive Interview

Interview

I just need to get this out there because I know Yelp Managers read this like a hawk and respond to the negative feedback. Well, even though I didn't get the job and could honestly care less, I think the biggest slap to the face was the rejection email.

"We've been fortunate to have many talented and qualified candidates express their interest in joining the Yelp team. " Followed by telling me I didn't get the job.

Why express your fortune while rejecting somebody from a job they need to feed themselves and pay bills? It's like a slap in the face and some salt on the wound and is a pretty gross choice of words if you ask me.

That's all I have to say. I could care less about your fortune of high demand and more about money in my pocket. Thanks for the opportunity anyways though!

Interview Questions

• "Sell me your favorite movie and convince me why I should watch it"   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Interview

The interview was much shorter and informal than I expected. There was a lot of talk about their culture and team work. Also many personal questions instead of questions regarding experience.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Great interview process! A couple rounds, phone and in person round. The in person interview was first with a group, then alone. All of the questions were straightforward along with a quick role play to see how you fit the role.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences will help you in this role?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

If you’re a poc good luck they only hire white people that fit their mold even if you have 10+ years of experience take your low salary and keep it I honestly wanted to work there for the insurance and to have a little money while my business gets going definitely a complete waste of time GOOGLE IS BETTER

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.