Yelp Interview Questions

Updated 31 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,670 of over 2.7K interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

First round code interview on hacker rank, one question . After you pass your code interview, you will have a second round phone interview, 45 mins coding and 15 mins talk, they will test your communication skill as well, be able you explain your though to you interviewer is important !! and another 4 rounds of on site interview. coordinator are very friendly,

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

First interview with recruiter, which ended up taking about 1-2 months. Second interview with hiring manger with basic questions. Final interview was with many different people from the team, who don’t take the time to understand and listen to your answers. Read questions off script and didn't listen to my answers, as I was continually disrupted mid-sentence. False information was given and no feedback was given, despite being asked.

Interview Questions
  • Generic design questions that are commonly asked
    Answer Question

Yelp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

Very simple, the lady was so kind over the phone. It lasted no more than twenty minutes and it was fairly easy. The only downside is the hourly pay rate

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

Started with a at home coding challenge, then an online coding challenge with one of the engineers. Then this was followed by the in person interview that consisted of 2 behavioral interviews, a system design interview, and a data structure/algorithm interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY)

Interview

Spoke with 3 different workers, a manager, a Senior Account Executive, and director. Each round was 10 min asking questions regarding why I wanted to work at Yelp and my sales experience. Some interview questions regarded specific scenarios of how to deal with difficult customers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

Not very difficult compared to other tech companies. There was an online coding challenge, followed by a virtual coding challenge with another engineer. Ended with the virtual on-site with 1 system design, 1 coding and 2 behavioral.

Interview Questions
  • Questions related to challenges faced at Yelp. Related mostly to data structures and hashing.

Yelp

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

Interview process include screening interview, phone interview, first interview, second interview, third interview, dinning interview, and final interview. Reviewing interview questions and answers. Following Up After Each Step in the Interview Process. Background Check

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp in Jul 2021

Interview

The recruiter was highly abusive, constantly received implications linked with my current employee which helped me to understand the processes set up by them. The interview process was pre-concluded in order to contribute to a bullying campaing. False information around Tier2 was given as well. No actionable feedback given despite the ask.

Interview Questions
  • Possible easy/average programming task, highly interrupted process and set up for failure despite the ease of the task.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2021

Interview

THis was the first round of yelp process. it was an online coding round using hackerrank. The difficulty was medium and there was only 1 question and 45 mins, which was enough time to solve the challenge.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

First Interview. Took out time from work to talk initial assessment, was told it would be followed by another interview, which they did. Interviewer was late about five minutes. Interview went well, but there was no response not even an email. Interviewer seemed uninterested, or was zoned out.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,670 Interviews