Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Director Interview Questions

Director interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I expected that the job would be FX Artist but the job was Lighting TD and FX TD mixed together as ILM has fx td's and Lighting TD's as the same job, called TD. In every company different software is used so this isn't relevant at ILM as they use proprietary 3D software. However you must be at your A game at film level work with the standard render engines and compositing applications, like Maya, Nuke, Renderman, Arnold, etc.

1 Answer

Fortunately unlike virtually every other FX TD at the Previous company I was working I also had previous experience as an FX TD and a lighting TD. This made all the difference as out of 40 or so FX TD's myself and one other went to ILM San Francisco and ILM Singapore.

Tell me about a time when you had a team-member that was struggling with motivation.

1 Answer

Discuss three risks associated with developing brand services for Wrays?

1 Answer

If you had to make a difference to the business in your new role, what would you do first?

1 Answer

I told them clearly about my strong industry experience credentials and ability to connect the organisation with industry as my forte, rather than actually doing research,since I had stopped doing research and was in industry for several years. Note that in the job description,they had stated that they were prepared to consider both types of candidates (i.e with strong research experience or strong connections with industry,to create linkage with industry). But most of the interview was to give examples of research I had done recently.

1 Answer

Many people know Six Sigma. What makes you stand out?

1 Answer

A question related to the administration of my PhD thesis post graduation

1 Answer

How do you deal with staff

110 of 126 Interview Questions