lululemon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

lululemon Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep 2018

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon in November 2013.

Interview

I had applied online after seeing the position posted on Indeed.com. Within four hours of applying on a Thursday, I received an email inviting me to a group interview the following Tuesday. The email said to come dressed comfortably as they might have you do some yoga exercises. Still unsure I did my research and checked out their site/blog about interviews. People did come dressed in workout apparel, but some still came in interview-style clothes. I did my research on the company and studied their products. As a candidate for management, you should do as much research about a company you are interviewing for. Why would you interview for a company you find something you don't like about?

At the interview there were 12 of us. That's a lot and from the gist of it, they were all applying for seasonal sales/educator. Everyone assumed I was too. The group interview was led by two assistant managers. From the get-go, this was a red flag for me because I was expecting at least the store manager to be present as I was interviewing for the assistant manager position. They proceeded to say what positions they were interviewing for, they gave descriptions for the educator and key holder position, but only mentioned the assistant manager. They asked all the questions you were asked on the online application. They didn't go beyond that. I didn't feel this interview was professional, but then again maybe this is how Lululemon does it. They way the two assistants talked about the company and their lives outside of it, it felt a bit cult-ish. You need to breathe and live Lulu if you want in.

Since the group was so large, it took a while. They said they would contact you by Thursday with a yay or nay. I sent a thank you note in the mail when I got home. I was not contacted on Thursday or any day after that. I didn't bother calling them to check up on my interview. Needless to say, I had other interviews lined up and have accepted a position with better benefits and pay than they are said to give. I feel I have dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to sweat?
      What with did you not like about your current or previous job(s)?
      What are your goals?
      Etc. You can get the questions from their online application.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks later I was contacted via email to attend a group interview. First interview was casual and attire was "comfortable"(I.e. wear lululemon attire). We were told we would be contacted the following Monday to either schedule a "sweat interview" or to be denied employment. When I did not hear back by 5pm on that Monday I emailed the store manager to inquire about the position. Two days later she emailed me back to invite me to a a second interview at a cafe(don't know what happened to the "sweat interview"). When I arrived at the second interview I was told that the position had been filled but I could stay and interview for other positions available including part time educator, full time educator, and key leader. Having driven an hour to the interview I wasn't going to just walk away. At the end of the interview she said she would be in touch with us by the following Tuesday. Once again, I didn't hear from her so I emailed her and was baffled when she emailed me back at 9pm to ask me to come to a third interview at the same cafe the following afternoon(less than 15 hours notice). I politely declined the interview. I have 6 years retail management experience and hold a Bachelors of Art from a leading research university. I have been in a sorority and feel as if working for lululemon would be about the same level of immaturity and unprofessionalism. I could never work for a company who couldn't even demonstrate the basic level of professionalism, punctuality, and respect that I would be expected to uphold if employed there.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at lululemon (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Invited to a group interview of 6-8 people, after that you do a sweat session (yoga class) with one of the managers. This a bait and switch during the start of the interview they inform us they are only looking for part-time educators. Which, is not what I have applied to and is below a certain level. Be honest in the begin for a organization that prides its self on creativity and being a leader this portays and under appreciation for people's time, knowledge, and experience.

Interview Questions

• How have you influenced people? How do you give negative feedback?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Lone Tree, CO (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about a week later. Went in for an interview with several other people. Felt more like a popularity contest and felt like we were all competing for the best answers. When we got there we were all told that it was not the assistant manager position as posted but regular staff as they had hired from in store. Took another two weeks to here back and was not offered a job at that store biut was told that I could come back in an interview for seasonal part time work.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an experience you had in a high end retail store?
      Tell me/ Sell me on a piece of Lululemon apparel that you're wearing.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (Huntsville, AL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application and Group Interview. The position had already been filled, but they were doing the "formal process" of lumping everyone together so they could say they actually interviewed other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Share 4 facts and one lie about yourself to see if we can pick out the lie.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at lululemon (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

What a joke!! The reviews are 100% spot on. I applied for the Assistant Manager position and got an email from the Store Manager for a small group interview. The Assistant Manager gave the interview asking questions like how u sweat, motivation, giving and getting feedback, and your 1 year and 5 year goal. After an hour she finally informs the group that all she has open is a seasonal part time sales educator. What!! You just talked about being honest and open then you let me sit there for an hour and talk about my experience as a manager and what I can bring to the team. I felt so annoyed and used. Lululemon needs to create new hiring policies and be honest and upfront in the beginning or better yet don't ask people to come in for an interview for a job you don't have.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at lululemon (Aspen, CO (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Starts with Group interview, then 1:1 interview with Store Manager, followed my multiple phone interviews with Regional Managers and other Store Managers. You will have lots of questions about your personal development, team development, and leadership style.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at lululemon (Marlton, NJ (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

low-key; can wear athletic gear (polished appearance); behavioral questions; if applying for a leadership role, 2-3 interviews are typical (phone or in-person), 30 minutes each; if applying for educator role, group interview is usually first step; be honest;

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at lululemon (Cleveland, OH (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy and fun. Just be yourself. Not much else to say, but just be yourself and be authentic. The questions are playful and random. It's about seeing if you'll be a good fit the for company and culture.

Showroom Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at lululemon (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Took a very long time to hear back.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.