AO Reviews

Found 400 of over 424 reviews

3.7
AO CEO John Roberts
John Roberts
Pros
  • "Great company benefits including SPA and staff discounts(in 28 reviews)

• "2 gym and subsided Starbucks all this with a great bunch of people makes it a great place to work(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "heavy lifting, long hours, money not worth it(in 18 reviews)

• "It is busy and fast paced so need to be able to work under pressure(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Job to get your foot in the door

Nov 7, 2019 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Atmosphere Great People Can earn a lot of money

Cons

Long days and hours A lot of pressure to hit your weekly target

2. 2.0

Positive

May 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work there a very talented.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

Jul 23, 2021 - Secretary
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a pretty good place to work

Cons

There aren’t any cons I can think of

Recruitment Manager

Thanks for the 4 stars! We're so pleased that you think we're a good place to work. All the best on your AO journey!

4. 4.0

Good place to work

Jul 22, 2021 - Customer Experience Specialist in Bolton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with and good on site facilties.

Cons

Very target focused and stats orientated.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your lovely review and for highlighting our great people. We think our AO’ers are pretty awesome too. That’s because we make a point of hiring super lovely people. Thanks again, AO

5. 4.0

Okay

Jul 21, 2021 - Account Executive in Bolton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Not travelling Bonus if u hit target

Cons

The wage Expectations Goal posts are changed

Recruitment Manager

Hi, thank you for your review. We're sorry you feel that we're just average, we're always looking for ways that we can improve so if there are any specific points you'd like to make to help us do better then please do contact us directly. Thanks, AO

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Would not recommend

Jul 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Met some amazing people and life long friends.

Cons

After working for Expert Logistics/AO for some years it’s very sad to see how much the company changed to a very corporate work place where you are just a number. A lot of sly things happening behind the scenes, if your face doesn’t fit you won’t get very far. I left feeling extremely deflated. I felt very under valued. The salaries are awful and there’s no development although development is something AO brag about.

Recruitment Manager

Hi, thank you for taking the time out to leave your review. We're deeply sorry you feel this way about your experience, it doesn't sound like how we do things whatsoever. We are eager to learn more about why you felt deflated and undervalued and what we can do to make this right. Please can you email driverdisputes@ao.com with more information. Thank you

7. 5.0

Challenging and Rewarding Carrier at AO

May 4, 2021 - Customer Experience Manager in Thatcham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a manager you get freedom to do your best and use your knowledge to improve your department/team. Constant learning is given, if you believe in Lifetime learning your place is here. You are always surrounded with brilliant people not just to support each other, to learn from each other, but also to have a friendly catch up. There are opportunities to progress in your carrier.

Cons

Growing business means constant changes, you need to be resilient and adaptive. Workload can feel overwhelming, but my line manager is always supportive, there is nothing that some time management cannot resolve, the key is communication, never to feel ashamed to ask for help. Shift patterns and weekend commitments are not for everyone. I personally like working different shifts and occasional weekend days, not everyone is the same. Always consider online retail is 24/7 business.

Recruitment Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience with us – it was lovely to read that AO has had such a positive impact for you. Let me take this opportunity to say thank you for choosing us and for all the hard work you put in - Vic Rogers (Chief People Officer)

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

good job good people

Apr 29, 2021 - Gas Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

four on four off work days

Cons

the customers need to be able to write the correct amount of stairs not 31 and up needs to be clear, so the logistic team can know what crew to send for the job. also customer needs to be able to upload photos or videos of the job before hand which can be assessed by an engineer or competent drivers line staff, to make sure the on site engineers know what they will be coming to do rather than just hit and hope with the customers explanation who are not engineers and don't really know the job in hand, this would save so much time, customer disappointment help the day run smoother.

Recruitment Manager

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We're pleased to hear that you feel that the four-on/four-off format works for you. We're always looking for ways we can improve and so I will relay your feedback to the Logistics team in hopes that we can act on your suggestions. Thank you again for your review - all the best, AO.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Toxic

Jul 27, 2021 - Tech Department
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free chocolate, work collegues who are not in the clique are nice

Cons

All the reviews here are correct about the clique, management, not living upto the values, favouritism.

Recruitment Manager

Hi there, we're sorry you feel this way about your time with AO. It really doesn't sound like how we'd do things or the culture we foster at all! If you'd like to report a specific incident, please do reach out to us. We have an independent and confidential whistle-blowing service, available for both current and past employees. The contact number is: 01204 672 601. All the best, AO

10. 4.0

Decent

Jun 30, 2021 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

quick easy money, decent basic

Cons

repetitive job, sometimes target seems high compared to data available

Recruitment Manager

Hi, thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts as an AO employee, and thank you for all your hard work! All the best

Viewing 1 - 10 of 400 Reviews