Airbnb Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 916 reviews

3.7
Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky
Brian Chesky
Pros
  • "500 in Airbnb credits per quarter, free food (breakfast/lunch/dinner), and all the cool Silicon Valley perks(in 44 reviews)

• "Great benefits including free lunch and snacks, quarterly travel coupons(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "Often decision makers are lacking and work/life balance can be challenging(in 60 reviews)

• "Some growing pains around organizational grown(in 34 reviews)

1. "Marketing"

I have been working at Airbnb full-time

Pros

- Amazing org culture - Lives and breathes diversity and inclusion - Work life balance

Cons

- Constant changes mean you need to be adaptable but this also provides significant learning opportunities

Airbnb2018-02-20
  2. "Amazing company and mission, shame about middle Management"

Former Employee - Brand Marketing

I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young, passionate culture with a lot of heart, purposeful and inspiring mission. Amazing leadership team.

Cons

Growing pains of a startup wanting to maintain it's agility, but needing structure and process to support a rapidly ballooning organization. 99% amazing people, but some "managers" lack integrity and capability to manage teams or just have NFI what they are doing - completely unaligned with organizational values.

Advice to Management

Bring in organizational professionals to help optimize structure and processes. Recruit smart Managers with integrity and avoid spineless hires who on paper may have experience in traditional hospitality/travel industries but lack disney imagination.

Airbnb2018-06-09
  3. "Goood"

I have been working at Airbnb

Pros

pretty alright, not too bad

Cons

Not that many cons, I ike it here

Airbnb2017-10-11

"Great culture and workplace!"

Current Employee - Community Organizer in Sydney

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

- challenging, positive work environment. An awesome work culture with values that are made clear to you through the interview process and beyond to help you "champion the mission" - work flow that fosters team projects and individual work - support for growth and a workplace that caters to both extroverted and introverted personality types from both workplace design to encouraging contribution. - travel opportunities...

Cons

- plans, tacts, systems can change , sometimes at short notice. This can be con for people who aren't adaptable or flexible.

Airbnb2016-06-27
  5. "The single best job I've had in my career - incredibly inspiring work, fabulous workplace."

Current Employee - Head of Communications in Sydney

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Inspiring + Fast paced + Good pay + Great conditions + Travel (depending on type of role)

Cons

This is a toughie. I'd say, a potential negative for some is that it's pretty hard to get a gig here. Jobs don't come up all that often, so make sure your application is spot on.

Airbnb2015-06-15
  6. "Seriously amazing"

Current Employee - Country Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Changing the way the world looks at and feels about travel and hospitality. Great culture Fast growing Global platform

Cons

Fast growing - which can have its pitfalls if you can't keep up. It also means that your job is changing as you grow and this might not suit everyone and some folks will find themselves in roles that they are not qualified for and may not feel successful as a result.

Airbnb2015-06-15
  7. "Amazing culture and mission"

I have been working at Airbnb

Pros

Airbnb is one of the friendliest and happy places I have worked at. Everyone truly makes you feel welcome whenever you get to see them. They've also brought on some world class talent in senior roles that means we are much more focused on where we are headed in the next few years. I really believe that we can do some great things. Its also nice to work at a place where those hosts and guests in our community really...

Cons

As with any company growing this size there are still plenty of systems that aren't just in place yet. The company is also getting much larger and so it's easier to walk around and see many faces you don't know. Feels less like a really close family each day. Sometimes you feel like work/life balance doesn't always work.

Airbnb2015-02-13
  8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Airbnb full-time

Pros

+ People have great intention + The company grows fast so there are lots of opportunities opening up

Cons

- Chaotic organization structures sometimes

Airbnb2019-08-23
  9. "Media producer"

Current Employee - Media

I have been working at Airbnb

Pros

Culture, work culture, people, food

Cons

None at this time I can consider

Airbnb2019-08-20
  10. "Great supportive culture, fast growth, lots of career opportunities"

Current Employee - Training Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee benefits are great, Airbnb credits is a cool perk, HQ office is nice environment to work in

Cons

Really young employees, lots of entitlement with tons of room to grow and develop

Airbnb2019-08-19