Airbnb Reviews

4.1
Airbnb CEO & Co-Founder Brian Chesky
Brian Chesky
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance: have to put in a lot of hours just to stay on top of your file load(in 66 reviews)

• "Typical growing pains for our size, honestly(in 35 reviews)

1. "Airbnb experience was positive"

Former Employee - Head of Airbnb Luxe, Oceania in Sydney

I worked at Airbnb full-time

Pros

Amazing culture and perks, they truly care about their employees

Cons

Vague succession planning for some employees, also some inexperienced manager

2. COVID-19

"Great Company with Awesome Community"

Current Employee - Airbnb Plus Superhost in Melbourne

I have been working at Airbnb full-time

Pros

Work your own hours, make money from spare real estate

Cons

Coronavirus Pandemic has killed the travel vibe, hence my income.

3. "Amazing company and mission, shame about middle Management"

4.0
    Former Employee - Brand Marketing

I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young, passionate culture with a lot of heart, purposeful and inspiring mission. Amazing leadership team.

Cons

Growing pains of a startup wanting to maintain it's agility, but needing structure and process to support a rapidly ballooning organization. 99% amazing people, but some "managers" lack integrity and capability to manage teams or just have NFI what they are doing - completely unaligned with organizational values.

Continue reading
  4. "Marketing"

I have been working at Airbnb full-time

Pros

- Amazing org culture - Lives and breathes diversity and inclusion - Work life balance

Cons

- Constant changes mean you need to be adaptable but this also provides significant learning opportunities

5. "Goood"

2.0

I have been working at Airbnb

Pros

pretty alright, not too bad

Cons

Not that many cons, I ike it here

"Great culture and workplace!"

Current Employee - Community Organizer in Sydney

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

- challenging, positive work environment. An awesome work culture with values that are made clear to you through the interview process and beyond to help you "champion the mission" - work flow that fosters team projects and individual work - support for growth and a workplace that caters to both extroverted and introverted personality types from both workplace design to encouraging contribution. - travel opportunities - structured training - employee benefits such as travel credits

Cons

- plans, tacts, systems can change , sometimes at short notice. This can be con for people who aren't adaptable or flexible.

7. "The single best job I've had in my career - incredibly inspiring work, fabulous workplace."

Current Employee - Head of Communications in Sydney

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Inspiring + Fast paced + Good pay + Great conditions + Travel (depending on type of role)

Cons

This is a toughie. I'd say, a potential negative for some is that it's pretty hard to get a gig here. Jobs don't come up all that often, so make sure your application is spot on.

8. "Seriously amazing"

Current Employee - Country Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Changing the way the world looks at and feels about travel and hospitality. Great culture Fast growing Global platform

Cons

Fast growing - which can have its pitfalls if you can't keep up. It also means that your job is changing as you grow and this might not suit everyone and some folks will find themselves in roles that they are not qualified for and may not feel successful as a result.

9. "Amazing culture and mission"

I have been working at Airbnb

Pros

Airbnb is one of the friendliest and happy places I have worked at. Everyone truly makes you feel welcome whenever you get to see them. They've also brought on some world class talent in senior roles that means we are much more focused on where we are headed in the next few years. I really believe that we can do some great things. Its also nice to work at a place where those hosts and guests in our community really love the brand.

Cons

As with any company growing this size there are still plenty of systems that aren't just in place yet. The company is also getting much larger and so it's easier to walk around and see many faces you don't know. Feels less like a really close family each day. Sometimes you feel like work/life balance doesn't always work.

10. "The grass is greener here"

Current Employee - Regional Operations Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-The culture and focus toward building a truly transformational travel company is at the forefront of every decision. -Every day presents you with an opportunity to do your best and solve for complex challenges.

Cons

Not all shared services are utilized to the fullest

Continue reading