Airbnb Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 19 Nov 2019

3.8
Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky
Brian Chesky
Pros
  • "500 in Airbnb credits per quarter, free food (breakfast/lunch/dinner), and all the cool Silicon Valley perks(in 47 reviews)

• "Great benefits, great people, lots of growth and change(in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • "Too many people being hired, which means that work life balance is great (i(in 62 reviews)

• "Some growing pains around organizational grown(in 34 reviews)

1. "Marketing"

I have been working at Airbnb full-time

Pros

- Amazing org culture - Lives and breathes diversity and inclusion - Work life balance

Cons

- Constant changes mean you need to be adaptable but this also provides significant learning opportunities

Airbnb2018-02-20
  2. "Amazing company and mission, shame about middle Management"

Former Employee - Brand Marketing

I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young, passionate culture with a lot of heart, purposeful and inspiring mission. Amazing leadership team.

Cons

Growing pains of a startup wanting to maintain it's agility, but needing structure and process to support a rapidly ballooning organization. 99% amazing people, but some "managers" lack integrity and capability to manage teams or just have NFI what they are doing - completely unaligned with organizational values.

Advice to Management

Bring in organizational professionals to help optimize structure and processes. Recruit smart Managers with integrity and avoid spineless hires who on paper may have experience in traditional hospitality/travel industries but lack disney imagination.

Airbnb2018-06-09
  3. "Goood"

I have been working at Airbnb

Pros

pretty alright, not too bad

Cons

Not that many cons, I ike it here

Airbnb2017-10-11

"Great culture and workplace!"

Current Employee - Community Organizer in Sydney

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

- challenging, positive work environment. An awesome work culture with values that are made clear to you through the interview process and beyond to help you "champion the mission" - work flow that fosters team projects and individual work - support for growth and a workplace that caters to both extroverted and introverted personality types from both workplace design to encouraging contribution. - travel... opportunities - structured training - employee benefits such as travel credits

Cons

- plans, tacts, systems can change , sometimes at short notice. This can be con for people who aren't adaptable or flexible.

Airbnb2016-06-27
  5. "The single best job I've had in my career - incredibly inspiring work, fabulous workplace."

Current Employee - Head of Communications in Sydney

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Inspiring + Fast paced + Good pay + Great conditions + Travel (depending on type of role)

Cons

This is a toughie. I'd say, a potential negative for some is that it's pretty hard to get a gig here. Jobs don't come up all that often, so make sure your application is spot on.

Airbnb2015-06-15
  6. "Seriously amazing"

Current Employee - Country Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Changing the way the world looks at and feels about travel and hospitality. Great culture Fast growing Global platform

Cons

Fast growing - which can have its pitfalls if you can't keep up. It also means that your job is changing as you grow and this might not suit everyone and some folks will find themselves in roles that they are not qualified for and may not feel successful as a result.

Airbnb2015-06-15
  7. "Amazing culture and mission"

I have been working at Airbnb

Pros

Airbnb is one of the friendliest and happy places I have worked at. Everyone truly makes you feel welcome whenever you get to see them. They've also brought on some world class talent in senior roles that means we are much more focused on where we are headed in the next few years. I really believe that we can do some great things. Its also nice to work at a place where those hosts and guests in our community... really love the brand.

Cons

As with any company growing this size there are still plenty of systems that aren't just in place yet. The company is also getting much larger and so it's easier to walk around and see many faces you don't know. Feels less like a really close family each day. Sometimes you feel like work/life balance doesn't always work.

Airbnb2015-02-13
  8. "Great people, office in transition"

Former Employee - Content Writer in Montreal, QC

I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome people, great perks, amazing opportunities for learning.

Cons

Montreal office is in a tough spot. Often overlooked and tough to make an impact on the overall business. Changes come often and direction is not always clear.

Airbnb2019-11-19
  9. "Specialist"

Former Employee - Specialist in Singapore

I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mission is genuine Culture is amazing

Cons

Middle management can be incompetent, making clear goals from upper management unattainable

Airbnb2019-11-19
  10. "Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer() in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great people and culture - Flexible working hours and good work/life balance - Relatively diverse team - Leadership is very open to feedback from employees

Cons

- Technical debt is rampant - Product and Design decisions generally usurp technical ones

Airbnb2019-11-16