Airbnb Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 16 Feb 2020

3.9
Airbnb CEO & Co-Founder Brian Chesky
Brian Chesky
Pros
  • "500 in Airbnb credits per quarter, free food (breakfast/lunch/dinner), and all the cool Silicon Valley perks(in 48 reviews)

• "great benefits and great working culture(in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • "Too many people being hired, which means that work life balance is great (i(in 65 reviews)

• "Some growing pains around organizational grown(in 35 reviews)

1. "Marketing"

I have been working at Airbnb full-time

Pros

- Amazing org culture - Lives and breathes diversity and inclusion - Work life balance

Cons

- Constant changes mean you need to be adaptable but this also provides significant learning opportunities

Airbnb2018-02-20
  2. "Amazing company and mission, shame about middle Management"

Former Employee - Brand Marketing

I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young, passionate culture with a lot of heart, purposeful and inspiring mission. Amazing leadership team.

Cons

Growing pains of a startup wanting to maintain it's agility, but needing structure and process to support a rapidly ballooning organization. 99% amazing people, but some "managers" lack integrity and capability to manage teams or just have NFI what they are doing - completely unaligned with organizational values.

Airbnb2018-06-09
  3. "Goood"

I have been working at Airbnb

Pros

pretty alright, not too bad

Cons

Not that many cons, I ike it here

Airbnb2017-10-11

"Great culture and workplace!"

Current Employee - Community Organizer in Sydney

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

- challenging, positive work environment. An awesome work culture with values that are made clear to you through the interview process and beyond to help you "champion the mission" - work flow that fosters team projects and individual work - support for growth and a workplace that caters to both extroverted and introverted personality types from both workplace design to encouraging contribution. - travel opportunities - structured training - employee benefits such as travel credits

Cons

- plans, tacts, systems can change , sometimes at short notice. This can be con for people who aren't adaptable or flexible.

Airbnb2016-06-27
  5. "The single best job I've had in my career - incredibly inspiring work, fabulous workplace."

Current Employee - Head of Communications in Sydney

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Inspiring + Fast paced + Good pay + Great conditions + Travel (depending on type of role)

Cons

This is a toughie. I'd say, a potential negative for some is that it's pretty hard to get a gig here. Jobs don't come up all that often, so make sure your application is spot on.

Airbnb2015-06-15
  6. "Seriously amazing"

Current Employee - Country Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Changing the way the world looks at and feels about travel and hospitality. Great culture Fast growing Global platform

Cons

Fast growing - which can have its pitfalls if you can't keep up. It also means that your job is changing as you grow and this might not suit everyone and some folks will find themselves in roles that they are not qualified for and may not feel successful as a result.

Airbnb2015-06-15
  7. "Amazing culture and mission"

I have been working at Airbnb

Pros

Airbnb is one of the friendliest and happy places I have worked at. Everyone truly makes you feel welcome whenever you get to see them. They've also brought on some world class talent in senior roles that means we are much more focused on where we are headed in the next few years. I really believe that we can do some great things. Its also nice to work at a place where those hosts and guests in our community really love the brand.

Cons

As with any company growing this size there are still plenty of systems that aren't just in place yet. The company is also getting much larger and so it's easier to walk around and see many faces you don't know. Feels less like a really close family each day. Sometimes you feel like work/life balance doesn't always work.

Airbnb2015-02-13
  8. "Should Have Been My Dream Job..."

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Coordinator in Portland, OR

I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Incredible office spaces, pride in working for a really cool company, Mission and Value-driven Executive Leadership, Very good technology infrastructure and employee technical support infra, work from home flexibility, Ambitious and motivated co-workers

Cons

As I said, this should have been my Dream Job... unfortunately, middle management on my team was so destructive that I had no choice but to move on. Hyper growth on the Vacation Rentals/Hotels team led to people being advanced into People Management who were not only unqualified but actively DISLIKED managing people. How this manifested: - Toxic work environment, including managers and directs openly bashing other employees, clients and partner businesses. - Creating environments of exclusion based on popularity and who knows who outside of work. - Gatekeeping of critical information from the top down, disrupting and discouraging career development and the free-flow of creativity and innovation. - Lack of career development or sales training - Dishonesty from upper management and middle management about the organizational changes coming up, causing employees to waste time not looking into their other career options. Regarding compensation - there are dozens of employees responsible for bringing on new accounts and growing existing accounts, however there is no pay structure that rewards employees for doing such. It's all base pay and no bonus and no incentive to be successful financially. Although leaving Airbnb was a difficult decision, I am confident it was the best for now given the severely negative updates I receive from my former colleagues. Hopefully someday the upper and middle management of the VR/Hotel organization will work through these issues and find a more functional and productive work environment for people to thrive in.

Airbnb2020-02-15
  9. "Team Leader"

I have been working at Airbnb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing Work Culture across CS & GSS

Cons

Nothing to recommend , as overall good work

Airbnb2020-01-31

"No people managers at this company!"

Current Employee - Market Manager in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Airbnb full-time

Pros

Good benefit, good pay, but no different than other top tech companies.

Cons

Most of the managers are extremely young and the company does not invest in training managers to be a good people leader. Worst of all, during our most recent global team meeting, someone asked if a good people manager means one who takes time and effort to grow each team member, our senior leader said it means to do whatever it takes to hit the target!

Airbnb2020-02-13

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 807 reviews