Avanade Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 1655 reviews

3.8
Avanade CEO Adam Warby
Adam Warby
Pros
  • "I genuinely love working for an employer who cares about a work life balance(in 78 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, company does a lot to develop their people(in 76 reviews)

Cons
  • "However my experience was that they consider where you are based to help with work-life balance(in 146 reviews)

• "traveling and working long hours(in 40 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work with lots of opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with Avanade for about 1.5 years, it's a great place to learn and grow. I get support from career advisors and across leadership. Everyone is very approachable In general, you get lots of recognition from different angles and in different forms. Their global talent communities are a great way to engage with your global peers and share best practice. Challenging environment but it's never boring.

Cons

Lots of change recently, especially in leadership Communication could be improved

Advice to Management

The [new] leadership should spend more time with the people on the ground and not only look at business outcomes.

Avanade2019-04-30
  2. "Great environment to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, great perks, lots of learning opportunities, work on high profile clients

Cons

May be required to do a lot of travelling

Avanade2019-04-29
  3. "Great company"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Melbourne

I worked at Avanade full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

5 personal days. Good yearly bonus. Subsidised health insurance. Gadget allowance.

Cons

Not all projects are good.

Avanade2019-04-04
  4. "Great Company"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Great community atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at Avanade.

Avanade2019-03-21
    • "Not a bad place to work"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Career opportunities, people, training, client opportunities

Cons

Work life balance, length of work hours, no TOIL, managers

Avanade2018-12-10
    • "Fantastic company to work for with an awesome culture"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

I've been with Avanade for 3.5 years now and I absolutely love it! It has a great culture that empathises the importance of diversity and inclusion which was important to me when applying for a role here plus plenty of perks and bonuses throughout the year. Gender equality is taken very seriously has been advocated by the previous GM as well as everyone else who'd like to see a better future for their daughters. ...

Cons

Avanade has a work/life balance and flexible work arrangements however it isn't advocated with clients and should be included in the contracts. They need to try to bring their culture to those on client sites to ensure they don't miss out.

Advice to Management

Hope to see the push for diversity and inclusion as well as gender equality continue under the new leadership.

Avanade2018-09-26

"Great place to start your IT career"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Great culture and learning opportunities if you're passionate about IT and Microsoft technologies. salary is not bad and work/life balance is good if you know how to manage it.

Cons

competitive and sometimes difficult to get onto project which suit your interests. Would prefer a more rotational approach to work where possible.

Advice to Management

The IT industry is too competitive to ignore unhappiness among good talent.

Avanade2018-08-08
    • "Director"

I have been working at Avanade

Pros

Local innovation Relationship with Microsoft Work life balance is a focus, work environment is positive Good benefits including gadget allowance

Cons

Even though there are good training opportunities it’s hard to keep up with so much change. Focus more on global offerings in newer spaces

Advice to Management

Global could think about being more nimble and like a start-up, and taking layers out.

Avanade2018-05-23

"Terrible workplace for females avoid this company like the plague. Don't say i didn't tell you so."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
        No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Avanade full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay adjustments and bonuses but still very much under market. Seems to hire bottom of the bell curve employees but someone has to hire them smart people often leave for a larger pay.

Cons

HR is a JOKE. Has told many females leaving that they are liars upon complaints and exit interview findings. With senior staff not even getting a slap on the wrist which is funny cause no one else but Avanade would retain people like that. They wouldn't get hired anywhere else. Toxic bullying gossipy work culture. Can't sell projects to save their lives somehow becomes your problem to beg, grovel and b for a role. I've...

Advice to Management

Fire the HR team and replace them every few years when speaking to other ex staff have found some very serious, unprofessional, misconduct both male and female. Hold Accenture managers accountable for their interactions with female Avanade staff instead of doing damage control via HR who is regurgitating an IBM handbook from 1980s. Senior staff should not be partaking in gossip or bullying they should be watching their...

Avanade2018-05-30

Avanade Response

June 6, 2018COO, Growth Markets

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. At Avanade we pride ourselves on our diversity and establishing a workplace culture of inclusion. We were recently recognised as an Employer of Choice by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and additionally have just achieved ...

• "Excellent consulantancy opportunities"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Loads of benefits being connected to Microsoft and Accenture. Local travel opportunities. Opportunities to develop technically, or learn new skills.

Cons

Still feels like Accentures little brother. All the interesting stuff? You're doing that in your own time. Most of the client work is not cutting edge tech.

Avanade2018-04-20