Avanade Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.9
Avanade CEO Pamela Maynard
Pamela Maynard
Pros
Cons
  • "However my experience was that they consider where you are based to help with work-life balance(in 140 reviews)

• "rio abaixo do mercado principalmente agora concorrendo com outras empresas que n(in 44 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work with lots of opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with Avanade for about 1.5 years, it's a great place to learn and grow. I get support from career advisors and across leadership. Everyone is very approachable In general, you get lots of recognition from different angles and in different forms. Their global talent communities are a great way to engage with your global peers and share best practice. Challenging environment but it's never boring.

Cons

Lots of change recently, especially in leadership Communication could be improved

Advice to Management

The [new] leadership should spend more time with the people on the ground and not only look at business outcomes.

Avanade2019-04-30
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Architect in Melbourne

I have been working at Avanade part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

All the benefits of working for a tier 1 consultancy, but in a smaller, more close-knit community; Good culture of passionate technologists

Cons

There are some clunky internal processes

Avanade2019-08-29

"Get back in your pigeonhole!"

Former Employee - Group Manager in Adelaide

I worked at Avanade full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great perks including health insurance, gadget allowance and 5 days personal leave Access to latest tech (inhouse)

Cons

“The only choice you have is whether you choose to work in exchange for a salary.” – Avanade HR, 2019 Chargeability comes above all else; employees are just a number and their individual career aspirations ultimately don’t matter. Negative feedback toward project experiences is a recurring theme in employee engagement feedback. Consultants have almost no say in where they are assigned. They can be thrown... into any role regardless of whether they are skilled, interested, or looking to grow/gain new skills. Non-technical people writing PowerShell scripts and data scientists pigeonholed in their previous roles. Me, well I explicitly asked not to do a specific type of role, so guess what I did back-to-back? You can’t be naïve thinking you can just roll off when you get bored. In one project, I worked with the same screens for years and I had to beg for mercy to escape. It’s not uncommon to find Avanade consultants who have remained in the same client for 3 years, 5 years or even more. IT projects can be ground-breaking and innovative. They can have a genuine social impact. This just wasn’t my experience across projects. It’s near impossible to get promoted nowadays and the bar is being raised higher each year. Being exceptional in your day job isn’t enough; it’s ultra-competitive and only those who take on significant extracurricular activities have any chance to succeed. I write from personal experience: I was one of the successful ones.

Advice to Management

Employees are telling you what’s wrong and you’re not listening. Therefore, nothing I say is likely to help you.

Avanade2019-10-05
  4. "Professional Services focused on Microsoft Technology Solutions"

Former Employee - Manager in Brisbane

I worked at Avanade full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Brilliant people, good structures and processes in place (from HR to deal review systems and estimating). Part of the Accenture group, Avanade incorporates a lot of Accenture culture

Cons

Consulting roles could require frequent travel; working with offshore teams (mostly India) can affect work/life balance; Promotion process could work against candidates depending on which projects they worked

Avanade2019-08-13
  5. "Great environment to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Avanade full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, great perks, lots of learning opportunities, work on high profile clients

Cons

May be required to do a lot of travelling

Avanade2019-04-29
  6. "Great company"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Melbourne

I worked at Avanade full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

5 personal days. Good yearly bonus. Subsidised health insurance. Gadget allowance.

Cons

Not all projects are good.

Avanade2019-04-04
  7. "Great Company"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Great community atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at Avanade.

Avanade2019-03-21
  8. "Not a bad place to work"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Career opportunities, people, training, client opportunities

Cons

Work life balance, length of work hours, no TOIL, managers

Avanade2018-12-10
  9. "Fantastic company to work for with an awesome culture"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

I've been with Avanade for 3.5 years now and I absolutely love it! It has a great culture that empathises the importance of diversity and inclusion which was important to me when applying for a role here plus plenty of perks and bonuses throughout the year. Gender equality is taken very seriously has been advocated by the previous GM as well as everyone else who'd like to see a better future for their daughters.... I love all the Avalife family events that they hold each month as it can be very hard to mix with different people as we're all on different client sites so it's a good way to connect in a fun environment outside of the office. I've been rewarded for my acheivements here and have been able to progress my career over the years with plans to keep on growing and moving up the ladder which is something I was lacking in previous roles. I love the fact that I can change clients if I get sick of a role as opposed to working for the same company in an in-house role which is what appealed to me the most about working in consulting.

Cons

Avanade has a work/life balance and flexible work arrangements however it isn't advocated with clients and should be included in the contracts. They need to try to bring their culture to those on client sites to ensure they don't miss out.

Advice to Management

Hope to see the push for diversity and inclusion as well as gender equality continue under the new leadership.

Avanade2018-09-26

"Great place to start your IT career"

I have been working at Avanade full-time

Pros

Great culture and learning opportunities if you're passionate about IT and Microsoft technologies. salary is not bad and work/life balance is good if you know how to manage it.

Cons

competitive and sometimes difficult to get onto project which suit your interests. Would prefer a more rotational approach to work where possible.

Advice to Management

The IT industry is too competitive to ignore unhappiness among good talent.

Avanade2018-08-08